Glass Houses

Ermm... he already is?...

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- Former Vice President Al Gore's upscale neighborhood granted the environmental activist approval Tuesday to install 33 solar panels on the roof of his mansion.

The city of Belle Meade, Tennessee, had blocked his application until new rules were approved unanimously late Tuesday, said Gore spokesman Chris Song. The city, located within metropolitan Nashville, said the panels must be placed in areas where they can't be seen by neighbors.

Gore, who starred in the documentary film "An Inconvenient Truth" about global warming, already buys enough energy from renewable energy sources such as solar, wind and methane gas to balance 100 percent of his electricity costs.

He is also upgrading the furnace, windows, and light switches, as well as installing new floor radiant heat and solar vents, to improve the home's energy standards, said Kalee Kreider, a Gore spokeswoman.

The home, bought by Gore in 2002, is more than 70 years old and illustrates the challenges of renovating an older home to conserve more energy, Kreider said.

"It's obviously easier to build a green home from the get-go," she said. "When you purchase an older home, these retrofits take a lot longer."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/18/gore.home.improvement.ap/index.html?eref=rss_us

You know what the sad thing is, I just read the title of this thread and who started it and I already knew what it was going to be about. :csad:

The message of conservation and environmental problems that he champions are still valid ones, no matter how much disinformation about the guy has been spread around. I'm always curious what the people who spend such an inordinate amount of time trying to tear the guy down are doing in their own personal lives to contribute to cleaning up the environment so that humans might be able to continue to live on this planet for the next several hundred years. My ball park guess is "nothing".

jag

Ugh, yeah:

Dictionary.com said:
dis·in·for·ma·tion /dɪsˌɪnfərˈmeɪʃən, ˌdɪsɪn-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dis-in-fer-mey-shuhn, dis-in-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun false information, as about a country's military strength or plans, publicly announced or planted in the news media, esp. of other countries.

Sorry, the word 'disinformation' does not in any way describe the news stories on Gore's gas guzzling mansion. Disinformation would be FALSE.

But, I do admire how you've taken what is the truth and called it 'disinformation', essentially spreading your own variety of 'disinformation' around ;).

Ugh, yeah:

Sorry, the word 'disinformation' does not in any way describe the news stories on Gore's gas guzzling mansion. Disinformation would be FALSE.

But, I do admire how you've taken what is the truth and called it 'disinformation', essentially spreading your own variety of 'disinformation' around ;).

I like how you blatantly ignore all the news about what Gore is doing to convert his house to a more eco-friendly status. I like how you ignore that much of what is published about Gore's house is embellished so that it will make the situation look worse than it really is. I also like how you completely ignore the fact that the message he champions is a good one that everyone should be concerned about, regardless of their political affiliations, only because you hate Gore and "liberals" so much. So very "moderate" of you. :whatever:

jag

I like how you blatantly ignore all the news about what Gore is doing to convert his house to a more eco-friendly status. I like how you ignore that much of what is published about Gore's house is embellished so that it will make the situation look worse than it really is. I also like how you completely ignore the fact that the message he champions is a good one that everyone should be concerned about, regardless of their political affiliations, only because you hate Gore and "liberals" so much. So very "moderate" of you. :whatever:

jag

As I said before, the only reason Gore is converting his house is because of the negative PR he received about it in the media. And you're right, even though he suffers from 'pot calling the kettle black' syndrome, his message is still good. But I wouldn't go so far as to say I've ignored anything here. What you're saying to me is akin to someone saying to you, "Look at how you ignore anything good Bush has done simply because you hate Bush and the republicans so much." Then again, if the shoe fits...

As I said before, the only reason Gore is converting his house is because of the negative PR he received about it in the media. And you're right, even though he suffers from 'pot calling the kettle black' syndrome, his message is still good. But I wouldn't go so far as to say I've ignored anything here. What you're saying to me is akin to someone saying to you, "Look at how you ignore anything good Bush has done simply because you hate Bush and the republicans so much." Then again, if the shoe fits...

I also liked how you tried to paint a picture of George W. "Hey, Let's Tear Up The Alaskan Nature Preserve In Search Of Oil" Bush as being an environmentalist. Hilarious stuff, dude! :up:

jag

I also liked how you tried to paint a picture of George W. "Hey, Let's Tear Up The Alaskan Nature Preserve In Search Of Oil" Bush as being an environmentalist. Hilarious stuff, dude! :up:

jag

Oh, that. Yeah that was originally proposed by Jimmy Carter. But good to see you're not letting 'political party' get in the way here ;).

Oh, that. Yeah that was originally proposed by Jimmy Carter. But good to see you're not letting 'political party' get in the way here ;).

Hehe! I'm an independent voter, so whatever floats your boat, homeboy. And Bush was gung-ho to tear up the Alaskan wilderness so I don't WHERE the idea came from. He was all for it. Bush is about as much of an environmentalist as you are a moderate. ;)

jag

I actually thought this was going to be about houses made off glass. I had a great earthquake pwnage one liner and everything.

jag

I'm sure someone other than Hitler came up with the concept of genocide :huh: :down

So whose house is gentler on the environment? Yet another story you WON'T hear on CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC or read about in the New York Times or the Washington Post. Indeed Mr. Gore, it's truly "an inconvenient truth."

Oh, and for the record, this has been reported on by CNN, Glenn Beck even made a whole hour of his show that plays on Headline News about trying to disprove Global Warming and how Al Gore is an ******* or whatever.

man, this happens so often i 've lost count of how many times lazur makes an ass of himself. it makes for great entertainment. keep up the good work, el moderato!

You know what the sad thing is, I just read the title of this thread and who started it and I already knew what it was going to be about. :csad:

I don't know about the person who wrote it but when i read the first paragraph i know what its all about :csad:

Oh, and for the record, this has been reported on by CNN, Glenn Beck even made a whole hour of his show that plays on Headline News about trying to disprove Global Warming and how Al Gore is an ******* or whatever.

Wrong. The part that HAS NOT been reported by CNN and other liberal news outlets is Bush's house being eco-friendly.

Reading comprehension for the win.

Wrong. The part that HAS NOT been reported by CNN and other liberal news outlets is Bush's house being eco-friendly.

Reading comprehension for the win.

I know you're an idiot, but please don't try so hard to make it easy for the rest of us to see it. Glenn Beck is a conservative radio talk show host. I'm sure you know this. He has a show on Headline News every night. Headline News is a sister channel of CNN. He brought this up at least 3 times that I've personally seen, on his show. Plus, he devotes whole shows to disproving Global Warming. There is nothing about reading comprehension here, only your stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"