House approves stiff gas-gouging penalties

Hey, its really not hard to understand. Need me to help you? Maybe put it in terms that you could easily grasp?

yeah, i'm gonna ask a guy who says **** like this to put it in terms i'll understand:

if the gas prices hurt you that bad, then get a job. If you already have a job, get a better one. Also, dont biitch that you cant find work, you can, you just gotta get off your ass and look for it.

it's all so simple. why don't those whiners just get high paying jobs if they can't afford the high cost of gas?!? dip****.

yeah, i'm gonna ask a guy who says **** like this to put it in terms i'll understand:

it's all so simple. why don't those whiners just get high paying jobs if they can't afford the high cost of gas?!? dip****.

Haha, you make it sound as if gas is 15 bucks a gallon. If gas is really THAT much of a problem, adapt. Get a cheaper, more fuel efficient car. Carpool, walk, ride a bike, i don't care what you do. No, you rather ***** because you like the sound of your own voice.

So, you guys really think that the Bush Administration can set the prices for gas? You guys really think that if this bill becomes a law, that you will all see gas prices plummet? As others have said, if this were to pass, gas might go down for a week then it'll go right back up. Ya wanna know why? We Americans need it, and there isn't that much of it going around. In other words, the demand is really high and the supply isn't so high. Guys its not that hard to understand. Have any of you even graduated high school yet? Also, if the gas prices hurt you that bad, then get a job. If you already have a job, get a better one. Also, dont biitch that you cant find work, you can, you just gotta get off your ass and look for it. Have a nice day fellas. :up:

dud eit's bad for the economy you dip ****. John Edwards is pretty rich. he was an attorney. And he's complaining about gas. you know why? because it hurts the country.

what do you say about that? Everybody whining is just selfish and lazy? It's hurting the country. And what about the guy who say, is going to college? he's doing just that. Doing what he has to in order to get a better job. Is this student scrabbing by for 6 years, trying to pay tutition and rent, allowed to complain?

You gotta grow up man. You sound extremely inmature.

Haha, you make it sound as if gas is 15 bucks a gallon. If gas is really THAT much of a problem, adapt. Get a cheaper, more fuel efficient car. Carpool, walk, ride a bike, i don't care what you do. No, you rather ***** because you like the sound of your own voice.

oh, i see, so your solution to record-high gas prices is "suck it up. get a more fuel efficient car and quit *****ing". do you work for the oil industry? why do you get offended by people complaining about high gas prices? are you a spoiled trust-fund kid who's parents pay for everything? are you even old enough to drive?

I would support it.THINK ABOUT IT,you pay tons of money for gas.While oil companies make the most profits in history,and where does that money go?Not into green research,but into their pockets.They dont care about you,and yet all of you still buy..

I'm actually agreeing with Jourmugand. I'm scared :csad:

So, you guys really think that the Bush Administration can set the prices for gas? You guys really think that if this bill becomes a law, that you will all see gas prices plummet? As others have said, if this were to pass, gas might go down for a week then it'll go right back up. Ya wanna know why? We Americans need it, and there isn't that much of it going around. In other words, the demand is really high and the supply isn't so high. Guys its not that hard to understand. Have any of you even graduated high school yet? Also, if the gas prices hurt you that bad, then get a job. If you already have a job, get a better one. Also, dont biitch that you cant find work, you can, you just gotta get off your ass and look for it. Have a nice day fellas. :up:

1. We're not saying that the Bush Administration is setting gas prices to record highs.

2. We don't think that gas prices will plummet if this took into effect.

I know that the oil companies aren't the only factors involved. The nuclear crisis in Iran, the war in Iraq, chaos in Nigeria, Venezuela taking over it's oil fields are also factors. Higher production costs are factors. Certain events will cause prices to go up. But there is some obvious price gouging going on by the oil companies considering all those cost factors that should also make it more expensive for them, they are managing to post record profits. Yeah, our gas is cheaper than in Europe and Japan, but f**k that. We shouldn't be paying above $3.00 for a gallon of gasoline. Gasoline is not a luxury like a Playstation 3 which experienced price gouging on eBay. It is a needed product for nearly every American. This is not a measure of price controls, this is a measure of punishment to those who break the law.

The problem is not with an oil shortage of any sort. The problem is a shortage of gasoline production facilities. In 1980, there were 300 oil refineries in the U.S. By 2003 there were 149. I believe Katrina reduced that number even further. No new refineries have been built since 1976. The oil companies don't mind having fewer refineries, even with all of them running at maximum capacity, because it allows them to generate a limited amount of gasoline which in turn allows them to keep the price of that product at a high price. That means more money for them and absolutely no reason whatsoever to build any more refineries which are expensive to construct and even more difficult to get approval to build since most of them are in coastal areas where people want to use the land for beach front homes and businesses. What's compounded this is the Bush Administration putting rules and regulations in place that perpetuate the situation and removing pretty much all pressure on the oil companies to expand their refinery base so as to increase fuel production and ease the high price of gas. This is a problem because, as it stands today, the U.S. is highly dependent on gasoline. It's not a luxury item. It's a necessity item for a lot of people, particularly in more rural areas where there is no public transit system alternatives or the use of a vehicle for something like ranching, farming, storage and moving services, etc. is something they simply cannot do without. And, unfortunately, not a lot is being done to get America off of it's dependency on gasoline and oil, so the likelihood of this problem being eased in the near future is pretty small. This bill is a small attempt to push back on the oil companies and start giving them some incentives to take steps to make gasoline more plentiful and affordable and the fact that Bush wants to kill it is a pretty clear sign of where his allegiances lie; not with the American people but with his oil company buddies.

jag

The problem is not with an oil shortage of any sort. The problem is a shortage of gasoline production facilities. In 1980, there were 300 oil refineries in the U.S. By 2003 there were 149. I believe Katrina reduced that number even further. No new refineries have been built since 1976. The oil companies don't mind having fewer refineries, even with all of them running at maximum capacity, because it allows them to generate a limited amount of gasoline which in turn allows them to keep the price of that product at a high price. That means more money for them and absolutely no reason whatsoever to build any more refineries which are expensive to construct and even more difficult to get approval to build since most of them are in coastal areas where people want to use the land for beach front homes and businesses. What's compounded this is the Bush Administration putting rules and regulations in place that perpetuate the situation and removing pretty much all pressure on the oil companies to expand their refinery base so as to increase fuel production and ease the high price of gas. This is a problem because, as it stands today, the U.S. is highly dependent on gasoline. It's not a luxury item. It's a necessity item for a lot of people, particularly in more rural areas where there is no public transit system alternatives or the use of a vehicle for something like ranching, farming, storage and moving services, etc. is something they simply cannot do without. And, unfortunately, not a lot is being done to get America off of it's dependency on gasoline and oil, so the likelihood of this problem being eased in the near future is pretty small. This bill is a small attempt to push back on the oil companies and start giving them some incentives to take steps to make gasoline more plentiful and affordable and the fact that Bush wants to kill it is a pretty clear sign of where his allegiances lie; not with the American people but with his oil company buddies.

jag

that's what we get for voting in a president and vice president who both come from the oil industry. not to mention condi rice use to sit on the board of directors at exxon-mobil. they're too invested in that industry and have shown their allegience to them, at the cost of the people who they were elected to serve.

that's what we get for voting in a president and vice president who both come from the oil industry. not to mention condi rice use to sit on the board of directors at exxon-mobil. they're too invested in that industry and have shown their allegience to them, at the cost of the people who they were elected to serve.

I also love that the Bush family threw a giant, raging hissy-fit over Clinton's proposal to tap into the oil reserves in the Gulf Of Mexico over ONE HUNDRED miles off the shore of Pensacola, Florida but somehow it made a lot of sense to them to drill for oil smack in the middle of the Alaskan Wildlife Refuge. :up:

jag

I also love that the Bush family threw a giant, raging hissy-fit over Clinton's proposal to tap into the oil reserves in the Gulf Of Mexico over ONE HUNDRED miles off the shore of Pensacola, Florida but somehow it made a lot of sense to them to drill for oil smack in the middle of the Alaskan Wildlife Refuge. :up:

jag

yeah, who cares about alaska? it's only the most pristine home for wildlife west of yellowstone.

While they are at it, they should pass a bill limiting the TAXES that Congress can levy on gas...that could cut things by almost 50 cents...

jag

just drill everywhere...than everone can be pissed equally ;) :p

'Sides what have Moose and Gulf sharks done for me lately :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back