Go see 300 for free and get a free DVD!

mrvlknight21

Pullups for breakfast!!
Reaction score
Some of you may be aware of this, some may not. Best Buy has a special going this week where if you buy certain DVDs (V for Vendetta, Constantine and a few others) for $9.99, you get a 1/2 hour dvd of the making of 300 (a lot of it can be found on the web, but for true Frank Miller fans, this is gold and a ticket to see the movie!
So, for $10, you get a DVD, a ticket to 300 and a behind the scenes of 300 dvd! Didnt want anyone to miss out on this!

Best find ever! Thanks Best Buy here I come LOL.

Went with a buddy today and he bought a few DVDs, and got one of these promotional things for each DVD. I'm now only paying 1.00 to see this on IMAX.

My Best Buy gave them all away (despite still having the display advertising it up as soon as you walk in the door), and when I asked that they hold one on the next shipment, I was told that they couldn't do that with promotional items, and the manager said she wasn't sure she would get anymore in. I was very irritated, and just made a simple, yet stern request... Then take down the damn "Free DVD with purchace" display. Simple enough, right?

I hate Best Buy,but I'll try to remember to go.

I got mine today. They still had like 45 copies. When I called they said they only had 6 or 7 lol. Make sure you get the 2-disc special editions and not the single. They had the single editions on the display. Had to ask for the 2-disc, but there still only $9.99.

Thanks so much, mrvlknight21.
I picked up mine today as well.
I now have two free tickets to 300. One came with Alexander Revisted and one with the free DVD.:woot: :up:

Se7en and Enter The Dragon were my picks.

I got mine today. They still had like 45 copies. When I called they said they only had 6 or 7 lol. Make sure you get the 2-disc special editions and not the single. They had the single editions on the display. Had to ask for the 2-disc, but there still only $9.99.

I actually had this happen to me as well. When I went and grabbed V for Vendetta and the 300 promo dvd, the guy rand them up and it showed V as $14.99 and the 300 promo as $9.99. I told the guy that was wrong and showed him the ad where it clearly states what costs what (especially the free one!). He said apparently there was a misprint. I said, no sir and took him to the display. Well, come to find out, there was something wrong, the V for vendetta wasnt the 2 disc edition. In fact they only received the 1 disc version for that very promo (WTF?). They acted like they couldnt do it and I said, "look, you will honor this with this dvd." They got a manager and they made it happen. I am glad more of you took advantage of this, it looked like it was just gonna be me Kasady and Halofan for a minute there!
Any of you guys that got Alexander revisited, I got one question....WHY?? I thought that movie was 3 hours of pure torture! Anyways, enjoy the show guys (for free, no less)!

I got in on the deal the morning it was available...I knew about it before the employees did.

Any of you guys that got Alexander revisited, I got one question....WHY??
Well he did get an extra movie ticket with it so he has 2 tickets. So it's like he just paid to see 300 once but can see it twice or take a friend for free too. If you look at it that way he didn't spend a dame on Alexander. He just got a free movie, an extra ticket, and bonus dvd for what he was going to spend to see the movie anyways. But if he hasn't opened it yet. I'd say get a push pin and carefully remove the dvd from the wrapper. Opening buttom flap. Slowly push movie out. Then if you don't like the movie keep the free ticket and re-wrap the dvd and return. Use rubber cement to seal buttom flap close. That way you never lose money on bad movies you haven't seen yet and the store can sell it to someone else.

hah thats good plan there

kasady

ima start to do that

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"