God of war game comming to psp

Ice-man

Sidekick
Reaction score
news from ign,

God of War for PSP Confirmed

Kratos is set for a road trip.

A few weeks ago, speculation about a forthcoming PSP version of God of War crept across the Internet. The speculation heightened and was practically confirmed by a teaser for an unannounced PSP title on Ready At Dawn's website that use to feature the classic God of War font. Today, we finally have official confirmation in our hands.

On the back of the instruction manual for God of War II there's a not-so-conspicuous teaser sheet for a PSP title in the franchise. It credits its development to, you guessed it, Ready At Dawn Studios, and simply says "Coming 2007".

Here's a shot of the page:

im sooo freakin exited, ive been waiting for a psp GoW. cant wait to pick up GoW II tommrow.

i also hope this is a new story, and not just a port of gow, or gow II

I can hardly read your text.

:wow:

Awesome news, now I can rip the heads of the cerberus on the go.:woot:

God of War II Launch Event: Talking about God of War PSP​

9:35: Okay, first official group of details on the PSP game:

-It's not a port. In the words of director Cory Barlog (who is involved with the PSP game along with developer Ready at Dawn), "It is its own story that connects to the overall story. God of War, God of War 2, and then if all the stars align God of War 3 will be the telling of a trilogy. This PSP story will be a further fleshing out."

-The developers are not sure what's going to happen to the roll that was previously on the right analog stick yet -- various ideas like a toggle are being thrown around, but we don't know any more than that. "There are plusses and minuses to all of it," says Barlog.

-There's no word on where this sits in the overall story yet.

-There's no word on PSP/PS2/PS3 connectivity features. Ready at Dawn was one of the few developers to do PSP/PS2 connectivity with Daxter and Jak X, but Barlog says: "As far as the connectivity and stuff, it sounds awesome, but really kind of just found out about Home ourselves... Home was in development [during GOW2], but nobody really on our development team was knowledgeable about it, so there wasn't much we could do about it."

-The goal is for this version to be just as epic as the others, despite being on PSP. Barlog: "It is epic. It is big. There are hooks in the PSP story that I actually wrote from one of my first stories for God of War 2, so there are a lot of elements -- we're going to keep connecting all this stuff. To me, it's a persistent world... I want the PSP version to not feel like the PSP version... it's just as big. It's just as epic. It's God of War."

-You may revisit some general areas, but none of the same levels from previous games. Barlog: "We're not reusing any levels. We're not doing any of that stuff. It's all original content. And the game will ship with a second analog nub -- totally kidding! Not true at all!"

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7951988&publicUserId=5380373

aww man I dont want it to be an original game

now im really exited, i read on gamespot that the psp game is a continuation to god of war II, and the link to god of war III.

and also cory said developmeant of the god of war movie is in the works, and that snider may be directing it. also theres a finished script.

im madd stoked.

im gonna pick up god of war II later today.

Sounds like buying the PSP was an awesome idea!

Can't wait for this and DMC.

aww man I dont want it to be an original game

You don't want it to be an original game............................? It's just more God of War to go around, I think it's great!

You don't want it to be an original game............................? It's just more God of War to go around, I think it's great!
haha, great for PSP users but I dont own one and dont plan on it. I got bummed when I heard about MGS Portable Ops. Great move for Sony and hopefully they can push out more handhelds. Maybe this will shut the haters up who say the PSP has no games

****in bastards

just walked into eb games im like excuse me, you got god of war 2 in yet, and this ass behind the counters in the worst tone ever is just like NO! ONLY PEOPLE WHO PREORDER GET IT!

i called him a dick.

than i go to gamestop, we got anothwer ass hole on our hands.

why cant i get this game!!!

Because people who pre-order it get the right to get their games first :huh:

I never thought PSP had NO games....it just has few and far between. It's like the GameCube of the hand helds. Great in it's own way, but far from #1.

That being said, if I can snag a PSP for under 100 I'll get another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"