Thinking of getting a PSP

hi im new here and i saw u wer debating wether to get a psp or not,, i got one 2 years ago and to be honest it is cool,, the battery is long lasting! and the graphics are cool the only thing i had the problwm with was the joy stick on it,, hard to use in driving games eg. twisted metal!!!

Welcome, in all honesty the games section doesn't move as often as it used to, so the more the merrier and all, so post away heh.

I agree that I love my PSP purchase. However I think I might eventually get a DS too. I use my PSP a lot for all kinds of things, and it does have fun games, but I don't game with it as much as I watch videos or listen to music or just stream from my PS3. Nintendo handhelds tend to have games that are more fun and less serious which is something I like in handhelds (tho worse graphics), while the PSP feels like a mini home console with far better graphics than the DS and has more serious games like X-Men 2 Rise of Apocalypse (one of the games I have).

I love the PSP and recommend it to anyone, but sometimes I do miss the Nintendo handheld titles, I'm still debating if I should buy a DS tho. No real reason I posted this, just my thought process. For some reason this week I dusted off my gameboy advance sp and have been playing the heck out of it all week.

Last week when I was on vacation, the PSP was a HUGE help to me as I mainly used it as my primary internet source. The web browser is pretty good and its something I never really used before. I also love the remote play with the PS3 as I used that to use files on my PC and watch some tv shows I was recording while away. Remote Play rocks and is probably my favorite feature with it

As far as games, the ones that kept me busy were Castlevania: SotN, MegaMan Powered Up, God of War and Loco Roco (which my 6 yr old cousin loved)

That's awesome news! Remote Play is my favorite feature as well.

That's awesome news! Remote Play is my favorite feature as well.
I really wish more games took advantage of it though. Only a handful of games on the PSN are compatible with it. I wish PS3 games actually worked with it, like offered mini games through your PSP. Another possibility is a way to improve stats in games like w/RPGs via remote play. I know you could play Lair on your PSP via remote play which is kind of crazy, but an interesting hidden feature. How great if some more PS3 games did that to a limited extent and have that be a promoted feature of both systems and the games

Agreed with the above on Castlevania SoTN. In fact that's one of the things that got me so giddy, playing a PS1 port of one of my favorite games on a handheld, being on the road or whatever and pulling that game out. Now if they'll just put Xenogears on the PS Store :).

My main gripe tho is how some of the games from the PSN that should be able to stream or be dl'd onto the PSP can't. Like Mortal Kombat II, because of it's internet play you can't put it on or stream it to the PSP despite it being pretty low on graphics. However Castlevania SoTN, and Twisted Metal II both have places on my PSP memory stick atm. Heck, even Pixel Junk monsters can be streamed. It's not a major gripe, but I did buy MK II with putting it on my PSP in mind, so was a little dissapointed when I couldn't even stream it heh.

Wait with the Remote Play you could go to a different Country and access your PS3?

Agreed with the above on Castlevania SoTN. In fact that's one of the things that got me so giddy, playing a PS1 port of one of my favorite games on a handheld, being on the road or whatever and pulling that game out. Now if they'll just put Xenogears on the PS Store :).

My main gripe tho is how some of the games from the PSN that should be able to stream or be dl'd onto the PSP can't. Like Mortal Kombat II, because of it's internet play you can't put it on or stream it to the PSP despite it being pretty low on graphics. However Castlevania SoTN, and Twisted Metal II both have places on my PSP memory stick atm. Heck, even Pixel Junk monsters can be streamed. It's not a major gripe, but I did buy MK II with putting it on my PSP in mind, so was a little dissapointed when I couldn't even stream it heh.
I was actually talking about the PSP port of SoTN but yeah IA with you on the remote play games. Im surprised you cant play MK2 that way. They really should patch that up and other titles on the PSN to be compatible.

Wait with the Remote Play you could go to a different Country and access your PS3?
I beleive you can. I was in Florida and accessed my PS3 in NY. Its all through interent connections so you should be able to do so as well in a different country. Location shouldnt matter as long as you have a good connection

How do u do Remote Play? i mean i can do it when i am inside my house but i went to my cousins house and a error message pops up.

How do u do Remote Play? i mean i can do it when i am inside my house but i went to my cousins house and a error message pops up.
When you do it from home, how do you get it done? Do you turn on the PS3 manually or do you turn it on using your PSP? Also can you get online from your cousin's house?

I ended up going with the GOW pack a couple of weeks ago, and I've been pretty happy with it. GOW and Twisted Metal (huge TM2 fan), but the crown jewel of my games so far is crisis core. Beautiful game and honors the integrity of FFVII

When you do it from home, how do you get it done? Do you turn on the PS3 manually or do you turn it on using your PSP? Also can you get online from your cousin's house?

I turn on my PS3 through the PSP i use my router. and my Cousin has his Router which i use

This is obvious, but the most important thing is internet connectivity in remote play. You have to be in a wifi hot spot when you're far away from your PS3 to connect. The other day a family member was going to the doctor and I tagged along. While in the waiting room I remembered there was a wi-fi tower nearby, however it was password protected and I couldn't connect. You can connect to the PS3 from anywhere as long as your PS3 and PSP both have access to the internet.

There probably are other ways to connect as well, but wi-fi hot spots are the only way I can think of atm. Since being connected via USB to a computer would most likely mean you have to put it in USB mode which doesn't allow you to click remote play under the options.

Also I'm not sure on how you turn your PS3 on from your PSP, can someone explain? I know how to turn it off, but usually I leave my PS3 in remote play stand by.

Also I'm not sure on how you turn your PS3 on from your PSP, can someone explain? I know how to turn it off, but usually I leave my PS3 in remote play stand by.
As long as your PS3 is enabled for Remote Play under the Settings tab (on your PS3), all you have to do is select RP from your PSP. It will ask you for your PS3 ID and password and it must be the same account that is enabled for the RP. As long as thats correct and there's an internet connection, the PSP will turn on the PS3 and you will get it on your PSP screen

As long as your PS3 is enabled for Remote Play under the Settings tab (on your PS3), all you have to do is select RP from your PSP. It will ask you for your PS3 ID and password and it must be the same account that is enabled for the RP. As long as thats correct and there's an internet connection, the PSP will turn on the PS3 and you will get it on your PSP screen

Awesome, thanks Havok. We need to make a thread detailing everything you can do with the PS3, and PSP combo. Was talking to Styleshift the other day and telling him about streaming stuff from your computer to your PS3 via a media server (winamp works perfect) and he didn't know. Just hit me that there are a lot of nice features that you wouldn't necessarily know right out of the box. This happened to be one I knew about, just never knew how (PSP turning on PS3 that is).

funny we were talking about this bc Bionic Commando was released today on the PSN and its remote play compatible! Thats a great game to add to the list. Im hoping we get some more of those

Anyone know how to put Youtube Videos on to the PSP? Is there a Software or a website that you know that does it for you?

I agree that I love my PSP purchase. However I think I might eventually get a DS too. I use my PSP a lot for all kinds of things, and it does have fun games, but I don't game with it as much as I watch videos or listen to music or just stream from my PS3. Nintendo handhelds tend to have games that are more fun and less serious which is something I like in handhelds (tho worse graphics), while the PSP feels like a mini home console with far better graphics than the DS and has more serious games like X-Men 2 Rise of Apocalypse (one of the games I have).

I love the PSP and recommend it to anyone, but sometimes I do miss the Nintendo handheld titles, I'm still debating if I should buy a DS tho. No real reason I posted this, just my thought process. For some reason this week I dusted off my gameboy advance sp and have been playing the heck out of it all week.

I recently got rid of my PSP in favor of a Nintendo DS simply because as a handheld system the PSP is self-defeating. It's too bulky to put in most pockets; the screen scratches far too easily; the load times are too long; and the battery life mediocre at best.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my PSP while I had it, but for handheld gaming I value having the ability to take it places (especially without having to worry about scratching it); not having to wait 5-8 minutes to start playing; and having more than 5 hours worth of battery life -- I mean, on trips, I had to drag that huge charger cable with me.

Last edited:
ITs okay a lot of people did that my cousin got rid of his psp and got a ds and then got tired of playing Mario Cart because that apparently is the only good game on there. and then got a PSP when god of war came out and then got rid of the PSp and got a ipod touch.

I really wish more games took advantage of it though. Only a handful of games on the PSN are compatible with it. I wish PS3 games actually worked with it, like offered mini games through your PSP. Another possibility is a way to improve stats in games like w/RPGs via remote play. I know you could play Lair on your PSP via remote play which is kind of crazy, but an interesting hidden feature. How great if some more PS3 games did that to a limited extent and have that be a promoted feature of both systems and the games

Ask and you shall recieve I guess.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_bl...&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1

Too bad I'm not getting Resistance 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"