Good Games News site

Fans of Reilly

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good site for Game News

I Currently read news on ING I usually like to read people comments after reading the article, but this problem with IGN everyone comments there are annoying and Especially if the article about a First Person Shooter or a EA Game

It's true, comment sections are terrible. IGN's articles and reviews leave a lot to be desired as well. Personally, and I'm sure this is all wildly unhelpful, I just the SHH forums for my gaming news :D

I just read these forums and facebook pages for news updates

Yeah, these forums tend to have all the news I need to know. I tend to go to NintendoLife.com for Nintendo news.

comments never bothered me. in fact, sometimes they are great to read for a laugh.

But I love to read the views of other people But people with logic

Then you should probably go to sites and forums dedicated to whatever games you're interested in. Comment sections are universally terrible because they're filled with reactionary idiots who are commenting on articles regardless of whether they actually have any interest in the content of it or not.

Most people who are actually interested in discussing news aren't doing it comment sections.

For game news, I mainly use IGN and N4G (they make use of other sites and link it), and a few console specific ones (mainly for Nintendo news).

For reviews, I use Metacritic.

Go to IGN for the news, come here for the discussion. The people that post here are more knowledgeable and better equipped to deal with debate than anywhere else on the net.

Then you should probably go to sites and forums dedicated to whatever games you're interested in. Comment sections are universally terrible because they're filled with reactionary idiots who are commenting on articles regardless of whether they actually have any interest in the content of it or not.

Most people who are actually interested in discussing news aren't doing it comment sections.

Thank you, but your advice does not work with EA Game Comment on forums like BioWare People complain about EA for reasons I personally believe is stupid

Thank you, but your advice does not work with EA Game Comment on forums like BioWare People complain about EA for reasons I personally believe is stupid

Thats why i say, hang out here. We're better. We are the master race of games discussion. Hype Power!

I think posting more regularly will encourage people to pay attention to your posts more. It's not a snobbery thing, people aren't ignoring you on purpose, it's just that when you see a name you recognize you're more likely to take notice.

The SHH is definitely the best place I've found for discussing gaming, movies, TV shows, etc. For the most part people are friendly and mature. I haven't been here terribly long, but from what I've seen when a bad egg does pop up they don't tend to stick around -or they get booted pretty quick. The Multiplatform Games section in particular has a good bunch of folks. There's always news, dedicated topics and you can always feel comfortable knowing that if you disagree with someone it won't turn into a flame war.

I think posting more regularly will encourage people to pay attention to your posts more. It's not a snobbery thing, people aren't ignoring you on purpose, it's just that when you see a name you recognize you're more likely to take notice.

The SHH is definitely the best place I've found for discussing gaming, movies, TV shows, etc. For the most part people are friendly and mature. I haven't been here terribly long, but from what I've seen when a bad egg does pop up they don't tend to stick around -or they get booted pretty quick. The Multiplatform Games section in particular has a good bunch of folks. There's always news, dedicated topics and you can always feel comfortable knowing that if you disagree with someone it won't turn into a flame war.

I tried to participate in this Threads and get Maked fun of I felt insulted

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=24457769&highlight=#post24457769

LOL. Man dont take offense to that. Wolvie was just trying to get you to be a little more clear on what you said. Of all people here, Wolvieboy is deff not out to offend.

English is not my First language is Take time and effort to translate what I'm trying to say

so i get Annoyed when people ignore my posts or do something like that

Pat's right dude, Wolvie was just messing around. I mean, think about it: Pat and myself are taking time out of our days to try and encourage you to post more. Everyone else who posted in this thread took time out of their day in an effort to help you out. If that doesn't show that the SHH is the place to be, I don't know what else can be done.

If someone's being nasty you'll see other guys turn on them in a heartbeat. If someone's making fun and everyone's laughing along it probably means they're just having a laugh, the best thing you can do in that case is join in. Trust me, no one around here gets away with being truly nasty.

My advice is to go to the threads about the games you're interested in a join in the discussions. Give your thoughts on what ever's being talked about. Are you looking forward to GTA V? Jump on over to the GTA thread and tell us what you think of the new characters so far. Maybe you play Skyrim, are you excited about the new DLC? The best thing you can do is get involved, don't worry about your English, you type fine and if someone doesn't understand they'll ask what you mean. You appear to type fine though, so I wouldn't worry about it.

English is not my First language is Take time and effort to translate what I'm trying to say

so i get Annoyed when people ignore my posts or do something like that

Yea i can understand that. Just make shorter posts until you get more confident in your english. But definitely do not get offended by what people post here. In fact, tip of the day, just dont get offended, by anything.

Fans of Reilly, try shacknews.com. I find they have more/better news than IGN at times, and the user comments are often more constructive than just a bunch of immature bashing...hard to believe for a game site, I know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"