Star Wars (Respawn Entertainment)

Really liked this game but I always wonder what a SW (Jedi based) game would be like if done such as the Shadow of Mordor series.

Having a big world (Universe in this case) that you can travel around have a nemesis system and such. Wont happen but would be nice I think.
That could result in something really good. I’d be stoked if they tried to give us something like that.

That could result in something really good. I’d be stoked if they tried to give us something like that.

Im in general really shocked that the whole nemesis system hasnt become a huge thing in the industry considering what cool idea it is.
A Star wars game with a Nemesis system on a big open world planet, sounds really interesting.

I would like to know what Monolith is working on in general, its been 3 years now since shadow of war.

You guys think we’ll get any DLC? Would be cool to at least get one more new planet to explore. So as long as it’s not as frustrating to get around as Zeffo was

Really liked this game but I always wonder what a SW (Jedi based) game would be like if done such as the Shadow of Mordor series.

Having a big world (Universe in this case) that you can travel around have a nemesis system and such. Wont happen but would be nice I think.

Now you're speaking my language. That is something I'd love to see, The Old Republic setting would probably best for that. Since Jedi and Sith were waging a galaxy sized giant war.

Any news when this game will be finally be added to EA Access?

Are they working on any substantial story DLCs?

Finally got the game! It's still not on EA Access but it's currently on sale in the digital xbox store for $30 and $25 of it, I used saved up microsoft rewards points.

I wish I had gotten this on day 1. Fun gameplay, nice graphics, cool story and great characters! Not done with the story campaign yet but the game is instantly a top star wars game and a game in general

I finally got the game and I liked it. I dont think Ive played a space game in ps4 before so this is refreshing to me and this is also my 1st Star Wars game (unless I count those Angry Birds games). So far, its feel like Uncharted in space and I'm enjoying this at the moment. I just hope this doesn't have too much open world game tropes. I'm already seeing locations that I need to return, when I got more skills. But I'm enjoying the linear-ish structure of the main story. I like the playable character and bd 1. The Darth Vader lady at the start looks intriguing. The graphics for me are alright. It looks good despite not being on par with the other big AAA games I've played so far. I like the look of two planets I've seen so far and I like the spaceship. I reached the red planet and died there twice so I'm going skip that for now and continue with the third planet.

I already finished after 1 week. Its a bit challenging, too many platforming, lots of back and forth, the enemies aren't easy in normal mode and a lot of the collectibles aren't really worth it. But I really enjoyed playing this.

Things I liked
At first, I was thinking if this was like an open world game. It ended up more like God of War 2018, Arkham Asylum and Resident Evil - in which you go back to the previous locations, get through some sections when you acquired a certain ability/thing - but the main difference is you are hopping to different planets. I also really liked the space ship even though its not spacious.

The graphics are good even though there are some moments that I was like "that could have looked better". I liked how each planet looked different from one another. My favorite location is the jungle with those giant mushrooms and big bird. Thats also my favorite chapter in the main story.

I really like Cal and having BD1 on his side all the time made things less hassle/intense for me, as I felt like the character that I'm controlling isn't alone in those dangerous planets. A lot of the enemies are well designed.

My criticisms
I'm not a fan of going back and forth especially there is no fast travel. I wish they just made more planets and put the other locations there. Accessing every corner was tedious and its easy to get lost. There are some shortcuts, but you have to repeat killing enemies when you return to those rooms/paths, you need to repeat the platforming as well. A lot of those locations you have to go back (because you lacked an ability earlier) are pretty far from the spaceship. So I didn't really bother getting 100% completion.

There is no eagle vision/radar, so its very easy to miss the collectibles/upgrades. Like this is one game that could justify having that feature. The holomap looks so confusing. The exploration here is a bit of a challenge.

A lot of the collectibles are for your lightsaber, but you can barely see the difference on the battle. If they had more colors for the light of the lightsaber then that would have been really worth it.

I wish Cal had more outfits instead of just ponchos, especially the environment of those planets aren't really the same. He doesn't need three variations of ponchos when he's swimming and diving in that location where I got three ponchos.

I started in Normal mode (Jedi Knight) but I changed to Easy (story mode). I died plenty of times earlier in the game, and changing the game to easy made me enjoy the game more as I was really dreading some areas/enemies. I kept thinking about my health bar/level up bar. It was tough sparring those many enemies.

The supporting characters were flat to me, like I didn't connect with anyone aside from Cal and BD. The 2nd sister was interesting and the guy with the hoodie but they weren't in the game that much.

I wish there are locations or planets that when I get there, I could explore and interact with so many npcs. Like multiple locations and the people are civilized and it isn't just enemies you have to kill.

There's some frame drops. There were some moments that it would freeze when I was just running, and the loading icon showed up.

The game is quite short for a major 2019 game.

Over all, I enjoyed this. Listing all my dislikes, it sounds like a tedious game but there's something addictive about this game. I can't believe this only scored 79 in ps4 metacritic. I find this a bit short and I don't have the will right now to pick up everything else I've missed in the other locations because it feels tedious (I got most of the secrets/opened most of the chests though) and I already finished the main story, but I enjoyed this. Hopefully the next game would have more planets with fewer going back and forth unless the story calls for it.

Okay I went back to Zeffo today, from 83% it went to 93% as I discovered an almost entirely new area. Its crazy how I missed that area. I also got 3 more ponchos, 2 trophies and 2 paints for bd1. Right now, I don't want to go back to the tomb areas. But damn the amount of secrets/chests/echoes I need to go back if i want 100% completion.

I hope the sequel has fewer of this, like instead of really far locations, I prefer if they just make dozen of planets that wouldn't be such a chore to eXplore to.

a 79 on meteoritic I would say is not to low considering how buggy the game was. I liked the game but man it was buggy.

Im in general really shocked that the whole nemesis system hasnt become a huge thing in the industry considering what cool idea it is.
A Star wars game with a Nemesis system on a big open world planet, sounds really interesting.

I would like to know what Monolith is working on in general, its been 3 years now since shadow of war.

No One Lives Forever 3? :hehe:

Seriously, I just discovered the series twenty years later and I would give anything for them to get the rights back and bring Cate Archer back... I feel like the character and her world would be incredibly relevant post-Mad Men and MeToo. Half-Life is back, it's time for what was Valve's top FPS competition on the PC from the early 2000s to make a comeback.

a 79 on meteoritic I would say is not to low considering how buggy the game was. I liked the game but man it was buggy.
For me the only buggy part of the game is when it freezes to load I guess the location and it only happened in 1 planet. Slow loading of textures (like 2 seconds of loading) isn't really buggy for me. And there wasn't a broken mission/part in which I had to restart.

Now compare it to Assassin's Creed Valhalla (scored 80 for ps4 and 85 for ps5), thats a very super buggy game to the point that a developer had no idea a mission wasn't activated until he accidentally asked someone from twitter. And the game crashed on me more than a dozen times. I never got the blue screen error report in Fallen Order.

Yeah, a Sith or bounty hunter version/gang leader version of the captains and warchiefs system from Mordor would be awesome. I'm sure I read a while back rumours they were working on another open world game with the nemesis system (not confirmed to be another Mordor game) based on job listings at the time.

Going to try Fallen Order via Game Pass later this month. But so far, I'm happy that my little Series S machine will do 60fps... even if it can't do native 4k like the Series X. I wonder why the PS5 didn't opt for a native 4k even if it was locked at 30fps.

Going to try Fallen Order via Game Pass later this month. But so far, I'm happy that my little Series S machine will do 60fps... even if it can't do native 4k like the Series X. I wonder why the PS5 didn't opt for a native 4k even if it was locked at 30fps.
I don't know exactly why, but I do feel like this isn't the first time with the PS5, so it might be a Sony decision or it might not be as easy to program for. That was the situation with the PS3 and PS4.

Hopefully the ps5 and xox versions will be less buggy. I liked the game but man is it buggy textures pooping all the time and freezing for like 5 seconds all the time when you get to like the end of a hall way and such. I still enjoyed the game over all but with less bugs it would be a lot better.

Hopefully the ps5 and xox versions will be less buggy. I liked the game but man is it buggy textures pooping all the time and freezing for like 5 seconds all the time when you get to like the end of a hall way and such. I still enjoyed the game over all but with less bugs it would be a lot better.
Kashyyyk was the worst. With its bad and low res textures, pervasive and noticeable pop in, and crippling frame rate plunges. Im not sure why. Lush jungles were done in multiple PS4 and XBOX One games. But Respawn damn near **** the bed with Kashyyyk.

I hope this means more trophies. :hehe:
I wish it meant more story content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"