Good news for the environment: Captain Planet is back

Anyone else remember the episode where Linka and her cousin got addicted to drugs, and her cousin died of an OD and blood loss? Freaking crazy!
Whaaaa??? Man Captain Planet was hardcore plus the dude made mullets look badass. :cool:

That show had some serious balls. There was the episode where Wheeler went back to his old neighborhood, and his dad was an abusive ass hat, while his mom was an ineffective victim.

There was the time they explained Ma-Ti's origin, and how his mom was a native Indian from Brazil, his dad was a white man, and the two sides were constantly trying to kill one another.

There was also the episode where a friend of theirs got shot at a high school, so the planeteers moved to the city, enrolled as students, pretended they didn't know each other, ended up in different cliques based on race, and joined different gangs to figure out who shot the guy.

I also remember an episode where they tried to stop two African tribes from killing each other, after Dr. Blight had given each side nuclear weapons. That same episode, Dr. Blight had given nukes to groups of Catholics and Protestants in Ireland, and the Planeteers tried to stop them too.

You guys suck. Captain Planet was hilarious.

No he wasn't. Captain Planet was the lamest Saturday morning cartoon show and the only reason why kids watched it was because there was nothing else on yet.

I'm not talking about Captain Planet the dude, I'm talking about the show. And I genuinely enjoyed it as a kid. Had toys and everything. :oldrazz:

Captain Planet is solid proof that not everything from the 80's-90's was gold.

. . . That said, Fu-Manchu Hitler's Death Stare = EPIC LULZ

I'm not talking about Captain Planet the dude, I'm talking about the show. And I genuinely enjoyed it as a kid. Had toys and everything. :oldrazz:

I'm talking about the show as well. It was awful. Horrid. Terrible. Bad. Sucked. ****. Etc.

Captain Planet along with the Family Circus and the Lockhorns are the things I hate the most.

I loved what Todd (Timothy Olyphant) said in Go about the Family Circus:

"And it's always there, in the lower right hand corner, just waiting to suck."

I'm talking about the show as well. It was awful. Horrid. Terrible. Bad. Sucked. ****. Etc.

Captain Planet along with the Family Circus and the Lockhorns are the things I hate the most.
That's just sad. There are so many other things more hate-worthy in life. :(

^Agreed Corp. Captain Planet was da maaaan! :up:

I remember i had the game on the sega mega drive. Hardest ****ing platform game I ever played. Was good though.

I don't think I ever played it. I didn't even know there was a game, in fact...

I don't think I ever played it. I didn't even know there was a game, in fact...

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uAg9ixo532Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uAg9ixo532Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

:up:

Looks cool, actually. I bet I would've enjoyed it on the old Genesis if I knew it existed.

Wheeler always reminded me of that dude from Wild and Crazy Kids. :o

Ever see the episode where the bad guys make the Anti-Captain Planet? He had a bright orange mullet, was all about polution and sounded like Snake from The Simpsons lol

Captain Pollution. Dr. Blight actually created her own rings, and doled them out to 4 other bad guys. Her ring was 'Hate'

Captain Pollution was a cool idea that was ruined by having easily the worst voice in the history of voice acting. It sounds like someone got Pauly Shore drunk and sat him down in front of a microphone.

I have the captain pollution episode on tape it also has about 3 -4 others.

I don't think theres are out on DVD or eve nif there are plans for a release. All the Captain Planet episodes I have are vhs copies I have bought at flea markets or used goods stores.

DVD cases are allegedly bad for the environment. I guess it would be hypocritical for them to put it out on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"