Guardians of the Galaxy GOTG 17 Min Screening

IM3 was fantastic. I have no idea what's wrong with people. :p
Personally, I loved that movie. Definitely my 3rd favorite MCU film

Pretty much. It's strange, on other forums and talkbacks i used to see quite a few people moaning about the Marvel "formula". Then IM3 takes that formula, turns it on it's head, stomps on it, sets it on fire... and yet people complain that it didn't have enough of Stark in the armour, they didn't like the Mandarin twist etc.

I loved what Black brought to the table. It was a Shane Black movie through and through. The Christmas setting, the genre savviness. I loved the details like the normally faceless, voiceless goons having personalities. The scene where Stark is tied up in the basement makes me laugh every time. Especially when one guy just drops his gun and is like "I don't know why i'm here they are so weird".
Agreed. Iron Man 3 was an expertly crafted film in nearly ever regard, internet fanboys can hate it all they want but numbers don't lie. The general audience ate it up, and for good reason.
yeah, I just didn't like them.

edit: I post one comment about not liking the GOTG preview and I get called a troll, a tmnt studio plant, and now I have to explain myself left and right...sign...

This is a discussion based forum, my friend. If you come in here and say something negative about a film nearly everyone else is excited for, then you should maybe expect there to be backlash and some questioning, no matter where you go on the internet (although calling you a studio plant was obviously ridiculous).
Truth be told, your post does beg the question; why did you drive 2 hours to see a movie screening if you didn't enjoy the other movies made by the same studio?
And what exactly about the film do you find generic, or similar to other marvel movies? You said it was because you don't find the characters very developed, and the comedy is cringe worthy. But surely you can't expect every character to be fully fleshed out in a 17 minute preview?
Also, and this might just be me, but I was laughing my butt off during the screening. Rocket was hysterical. We might not share the same sense of humor, but are you sure you're not going into this wanting to dislike it? I'm not accusing you of anything, I just find that a lot of criticisms I hear about Marvel Studios films sound like pointless nitpicking just for the sake of nitpicking.

The feigned surprise at the reaction is the most annoying part.

Agreed. Iron Man 3 was an expertly crafted film in nearly ever regard, internet fanboys can hate it all they want but numbers don't lie. The general audience ate it up, and for good reason.

This is a discussion based forum, my friend. If you come in here and say something negative about a film nearly everyone else is excited for, then you should maybe expect there to be backlash and some questioning, no matter where you go on the internet (although calling you a studio plant was obviously ridiculous).
Truth be told, your post does beg the question; why did you drive 2 hours to see a movie screening if you didn't enjoy the other movies made by the same studio?
And what exactly about the film do you find generic, or similar to other marvel movies? You said it was because you don't find the characters very developed, and the comedy is cringe worthy. But surely you can't expect every character to be fully fleshed out in a 17 minute preview?
Also, and this might just be me, but I was laughing my butt off during the screening. Rocket was hysterical. We might not share the same sense of humor, but are you sure you're not going into this wanting to dislike it? I'm not accusing you of anything, I just find that a lot of criticisms I hear about Marvel Studios films sound like pointless nitpicking just for the sake of nitpicking.

This is a discussion based forum, my friend. If you come in here and say something negative about a film nearly everyone else is excited for, then you should maybe expect there to be backlash and some questioning, no matter where you go on the internet

I expected at least someone to ask me why, but the troll and studio plant part is what really bothered me the most.

I understand what you're saying, but I only said that I didn't like the 17 minute preview, not the whole film. Im still giving it a chance, but there's always a chance I might like it in the end. I've found Rocket and Groot pretty funny, but the rest of the clip just didn't do it for me. And no, I did not just want to see to for the only purpose of disliking it, I didn't drive 2 hours for a preview to only nitpick at it.

I just find that a lot of criticisms I hear about Marvel Studios films sound like pointless nitpicking just for the sake of nitpicking.

Im trying not to nitpick, I just didn't like what I saw in the films and I explained in my previous posts why most Marvel movies just don't do anything for me. With the exception of Iron man 2, I just don't like them, I don't know how can I explain this any further. Either you enjoy something or you don't.

14 messages, yep. Oh yeah, and I missed the crown jewel there "except for Iron Man 2", what? You cannot be serious.

Last edited:
14 messages, yep. Oh yeah, and I missed the crown jewel there "except for Iron Man 2", what? You cannot be serious.

yeah from what I remember, im pretty sure I enjoyed Iron man 2, I haven't seen it in a while but other the marvel movies were just mehh for me.

edit: Im trying not to cause a commotion, but people asking me multiple questions to why I liked that or why I didn't like this. All I said was that the preview didn't do anything for me.
Jesus Christ...Just because everyone else just loved it, doesn't necessarily mean I have too..

Last edited:
I think this thread has served it's purpose. Close it up!

Pretty much. It's strange, on other forums and talkbacks i used to see quite a few people moaning about the Marvel "formula". Then IM3 takes that formula, turns it on it's head, stomps on it, sets it on fire... and yet people complain that it didn't have enough of Stark in the armour, they didn't like the Mandarin twist etc.

I loved what Black brought to the table. It was a Shane Black movie through and through. The Christmas setting, the genre savviness. I loved the details like the normally faceless, voiceless goons having personalities. The scene where Stark is tied up in the basement makes me laugh every time. Especially when one guy just drops his gun and is like "I don't know why i'm here they are so weird".

Yep, yep, and can I get a heck yep!!

lol I don't think you're trying to start an argument, I can fully understand why you are asking this.

Most Marvel films feel very generic to me. The effects are pretty to look at but most of the stories seem rushed or I just don't find them interesting. Sometimes the character's don't seem very developed and comedy is really cringe-worthy. I also find them really boring, every time I go into the theater I either blank out or I become so uninterested that I fall asleep. But that's just my opinion though :yay:

Then why do you keep watching? Surely if you found a film boring and uninteresting you'd stop watching them since they're made from the same studio. It's really funny that you spend money on films that make you sleep in the theatre.:funny: All phase 2 films have felt different from me.

Iron Man 3- Buddy Cop
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Political Thriller
Guardians Of The Galaxy- Space adventure
Thor: The Dark World- Sci fi, Fantasy

yeah but not liking a film and thinking them generic are too different things

Agreed.:up:

Has anyone seen the preview that is running at Disney land? Its different from the IMAX screening from last week.

Yes, the description has been posted already. It's the scene where Peter Quill steals the orb on Morag.

IM3 was fantastic. I have no idea what's wrong with people. :p
Personally, I loved that movie. Definitely my 3rd favorite MCU film

I absolutely loved IM3, including The Mandarin Twist. In fact, I actually *got* The Mandarin Twist, and loved the concept behind it. I find IM3 to be, by far, the best of Tony's solo series.

The *only* nitpick I have about IM3 is the kid. And it's not because "omg i hates kidz" --- far from it. I'd be perfectly happy if Marvel included *more* kids in their movies....when it makes sense. Charlie (or whatever his name was) still makes no sense at all: Stark moves in with a 13-year old boy, whose parents we never see, and proceeds to play Cool Uncle Tony in a useless subplot that serves no other purpose in the end except to say, "Aww, look at how nice and generous Tony can be." As the parent of a boy the same age as Charlie, the whole concept of that subplot made me squirm like hell and want to throttle the parents who would allow their kid to get into a situation like that with a grown-up stranger. Everything about that **** was wrong in every way, on Tony's part and on the part of Absent Mother. If I was the cops in Rose Hill, I'd be filing all kinds of charges for that kind of reckless irresponsibility, including against Tony Stark.

The kids dad ran out on them years ago and his mom worked long shifts at a diner or something.

And the kid was the one who helped Tony confront his fears about New York and finally realize he is a hero with or without the armour.

"Why don't you just build something?"

I absolutely loved IM3, including The Mandarin Twist. In fact, I actually *got* The Mandarin Twist, and loved the concept behind it. I find IM3 to be, by far, the best of Tony's solo series.

The *only* nitpick I have about IM3 is the kid. And it's not because "omg i hates kidz" --- far from it. I'd be perfectly happy if Marvel included *more* kids in their movies....when it makes sense. Charlie (or whatever his name was) still makes no sense at all: Stark moves in with a 13-year old boy, whose parents we never see, and proceeds to play Cool Uncle Tony in a useless subplot that serves no other purpose in the end except to say, "Aww, look at how nice and generous Tony can be." As the parent of a boy the same age as Charlie, the whole concept of that subplot made me squirm like hell and want to throttle the parents who would allow their kid to get into a situation like that with a grown-up stranger. Everything about that **** was wrong in every way, on Tony's part and on the part of Absent Mother. If I was the cops in Rose Hill, I'd be filing all kinds of charges for that kind of reckless irresponsibility, including against Tony Stark.

I'm thinking the kid is going to be someone in the future. When watching Ironman 1, I had no idea how big a part Coulsen was going to play later on down the road.

The kid was just there to make fun of the whole trope of the hero having a kid sidekick. How many times on screen has batman called Robin a ***** for whining about his dead parents? It's a scene we all wanted but never got to see until Shane Black gave it to us and THAT is the whole entire purpose of the kid.

The kid was just there to make fun of the whole trope of the hero having a kid sidekick. How many times on screen has batman called Robin a ***** for whining about his dead parents? It's a scene we all wanted but never got to see until Shane Black gave it to us and THAT is the whole entire purpose of the kid.

As Endless pointed out, the kid was there to help Tony through his PTSD/anxiety, that's his main purpose, the way he was treated was a bonus.

Yea it's definitely Shane Black making fun of the kid sidekick trope. It's about time someone did it!

But he did have a role to play, he wasn't there JUST for satire.

Does anyone know if there will be a premiere in nyc since the cast is gonna be here on jimmy kimmel this Monday

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"