Gotham Underground

Bought the first couple of issues of this, but then I lost track of it. :csad:

Looked through the latest issue, though, seemed pretty good. Indeed, Penguin is bad-ass, I like when writers give Ozzie some edge rather than making him a joke.

Poor Riddler, though. I think after all the ass-kickings he's taken fighting the good fight, we might have to really look at his reform as legit, rather than a ruse.

I've actually grown quite fond of the new Batman & The Outsiders series. But damn, was the latest issue of this good. Gotta love Vigilante's ownage at the end.

It really is better than Morrison's and Dini's books combined. IMO, at least.

The one thing I absolutely love about it is how steeped in continuity it is. It actually feels like a continuation of Face The Face and War Games, etc. Which is so refreshing right now as soon many other books seem totally ser on doing their own thing, and being new-reader friendly...they kinda forget continuity, for long-time readers, make the stories that much better.

Anyone pick up issue 8 today? Wow, Batman completely DESTROYED Vigilante! It was so freaking cool!

The way the issue reads, it seems that Batman took like, 3 or 4 hours, just to kick Vigilantes ass. Cause all this stuff with the Penguin was going on at the same time, and that must have taken some time. Batman needed to vent, I guess.

Yeah, too many pages were wasted on Batman's fight with Vigilante. I was much more interested in what Penguin and his crew were up to.

Johnny Stitches completely pwned Pengy in that scene in the Iceberg Lounge. But, judging by the preview next issue, Penguin is not taking it easily.

I think Penguin will probably end up on top. Batman will probably bail his ass out somehow, as he's the lesser of the two evils here, and also, better the devil you know.

I liked the beat down. I've been waiting for Batman to show up in the series since it started. I don't think I've ever really seen Batman completely own someone like that. He was untouchable!

i havent picked up issue 8 yet. My band has a show at a Comic Book Shop on Saturday, so i'm going to get all my comic book needs before / during / after the gig.

i caved in and went to my LCS today. I needed something to keep me awake while my car got fixed.

Batman kicked the **** out of Vigilante. It was awesome.

should be. it's been a real sleeper hit. it hasnt been like massively selling out or anything-but it's been steadilly selling well.

worst case scenario, order issues 1-8 from Midtowncomics

This storyline just disappointed me at the end. It felt so incomplete.

yea i agree, not much action and nothin really was resolved....very disappointing

I did enjoy the little background into The Penguin's family at the beginning. Plus, I enjoyed the conversation between Penguin and Riddler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"