Graceland

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://screenrant.com/graceland-tv-series-usa-jeff-eastin-yman-184545/

USA is keeping a top creator very busy with the network’s newest acquisition, Graceland. The drama hails from White Collar creator Jeff Eastin, and concerns members of separate branches of law enforcement – FBI, DEA and U.S. Customs – who will almost certainly engage in all sorts of interdepartmental tomfoolery after they are required to live undercover in the same Southern California beach house.

The plot may sound like the latest scorn-seeking reality series from MTV, but it is, in actuality, an honest-to-goodness hour-long drama headed to USA Network sometime next year. One of the more interesting aspects about Graceland, though, is the fact that USA picked it up away from the network’s normal acquisition schedule, so that Eastin would be able to actively run White Collar and Graceland without them interfering with one another. At present, Eastin is gathering a writing crew to begin work on the new series, after filming wraps on season 4 of White Collar.

The housemates of Graceland include senior FBI agent Paul Briggs (Daniel Sunjata, Rescue Me), as well as fellow agents Mike Warren (Aaron Tveit, Premium Rush) and Joe “Johnny” Turturro (Manny Montana, Breakout Kings). Agent Warren will fill the green newbie quotient of the program, while Turturro is the light-hearted jester of the group. Joining their law enforcement brethren will be DEA agent Catherine “Charlie” Lopez (Vanessa Fertilo, Death Proof) and hotheaded U.S. Customs agent Dale Jakes (Brandon Jay McLaren, Falling Skies).

Trailer

[YT]Muus9vjEmTI[/YT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muus9vjEmTI

Looks like another potential winner for USA.

Was able to watch the pilot on demand. Pretty good. :up:

I liked the pilot, the concept is cool, the writing sharp and the characters likable, plus they throw in a neat twist to the set up at the end. Very promising start. :up:

The pilot was really good, definitely going to be tuning in. This summer looks to be great so far -- UNDER THE DOME, GRACELAND, TEEN WOLF, BABBY DADDY, and more. Most TV I've watched over the summer is definitely going to be this year.

I think im going to have to check this out, I just saw that Jay Karnes is in here, loved him in the Shield and Burn Notice.

I like it alot, good much of comedy and drama. Hopefully it stays relatively dark for a USA show. Plus Serinda Swan joins the cast next episode, her character below

serinda_character_gallery_0.jpg

While I wouldn't call it a must-see, the pilot was enjoyable, and the development at the end was intriguing enough to get me on board for the foreseeable future. Should be nice summer show.

Plus, it certainly seems to have enough eye candy for everyone. Since we're posting pictures...

tumblrmkcm5z3vmd1rjupav.jpg

at14087345ori.jpg

atdst.png

That hair...[/Lucille Bluth]

Definitely liked the pilot, then again I tend to enjoy most of USA's shows. Looking forward to learning more about the characters and the dynamic between Briggs and Warren. Off to a decent start. :up:

It was good. I'll be watching for a hot minute.

I dug it. will definitely be checking out at least for a little while

So far this show is really doing well with the main premise. It's something that I thought could end up being either done really well or really bad, but up to this point they are doing a good job with having some nice layers thrown into things. I also like how they're getting into other characters in the house besides Briggs and Mike. I like that aspect because the others in the cast don't seem like irrelevant cardboard that will be cannon fodder later on.

So far this show is really doing well with the main premise. It's something that I thought could end up being either done really well or really bad, but up to this point they are doing a good job with having some nice layers thrown into things. I also like how they're getting into other characters in the house besides Briggs and Mike. I like that aspect because the others in the cast don't seem like irrelevant cardboard that will be cannon fodder later on.

Agreed, I just watched eps 2 & 3 tonight and while Briggs is very central and charismatic and his dynamic with Mike is the main focus, the other characters are getting developed well. I particularly like Charlie and I think she's going to be a big part of whatever call Mike has to make down the line. I also really like the group scenes where they are hanging out, it just feels really natural.

That last episode really did a lot for me with Charlie. She's got a good heart, and poor girl got let down. We've all been there, so it was easy to relate to her. That guy got a sweet ass deal though. 20% of a $500,000 bust? Hell I'd snitch my ass off into riches all day long if that's anywhere near true.

So far I'm only into the 3rd episode of this show,but I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far,the dynamics between the group is great.

This show is getting better with each episode and keeps me guessing. The mix of the weekly stories, the overarching story and the character development is perfectly balanced. Briggs and Charlie are my favourite characters so far but everyone has had a chance to shine bar Paige, she needs an ep where she is the focus.

I like a lot about the show, but there's one thing that I'm not feeling that happened in the past two episodes. I think they have to tread lightly with it because they may go too far into Twistville like some shows.

With Briggs being revealed to be Odin then it makes me worry a bit that him going to the drug addict group is just him on a high level deep ruse that may go too far with the twists. Either that or it turns the Odin thing into too far of a twist by having him be some kind of triple agent looking to bring down a major drug cartel by posing as Odin or something incredibly wacky.

But beyond that I'm really digging it. The camaraderie of the cast is solid. They all seem to have a lot of chemistry together.

That could be a possibility. But it seemed to me that Paul became jealous of Charlie for coming clean to the group and getting love.

I like a lot about the show, but there's one thing that I'm not feeling that happened in the past two episodes. I think they have to tread lightly with it because they may go too far into Twistville like some shows.

With Briggs being revealed to be Odin then it makes me worry a bit that him going to the drug addict group is just him on a high level deep ruse that may go too far with the twists. Either that or it turns the Odin thing into too far of a twist by having him be some kind of triple agent looking to bring down a major drug cartel by posing as Odin or something incredibly wacky.

But beyond that I'm really digging it. The camaraderie of the cast is solid. They all seem to have a lot of chemistry together.

I think the story Briggs told Mike after he caught him at the support meeting was legit, in fact I am thinking his old training officer mght well be Mr. Jangles.

The Odin cover seems to be his own deep cover operation because Briggs doesn't trust anyone, and he's doing it this way as he wants to get the Carza Cartel and perhaps suspects someone higher up in the FBI is working for them, I mean the guy who is handling Mike seems shifty to me.

For the show to work long term I don't see Briggs actually being dirty and him and Mike will become tighter by season end.

I'm loving this show. Briggs being the big bad behind the scenes is brill.

I love how Briggs deception and Mike's personal life secrets are starting to unravel as we get close to the end of the season.

Has this been renewed for a 2nd season?

Two more episodes left and USA decides to give it another 2 week hiatus. What is this like the 3rd two week hiatus this season for Graceland? That's how a show loses momentum, imo. Anyways I've been enjoying this show all summer. Each ep gets better and better, imo.

Pretty intense episode last night.

Johnny's my favorite character so I didnt like it when Jakes suckered him like that. He really shouldnt have met his ex drunk outta his mind. Just exacerbated the situation.

Im glad Mike's investigation into Paul wasnt played for the drama and that Paul knew what was up already.

I'm really enjoying this show,but I think I'm liking the comedic elements more and the way the cast plays off each other.Like when they were staking out and Jakes was on the treadmill and Charlie commented that "It was like putting a sweater on a dog"

Then there was this weeks episode where Johnny brought the Strippers and The Bounce House.I also like Bello and Mike's scenes together too.This show is pretty good.

I liked how Mike outplayed Briggs in this weeks ep, it sets them on a more equal footing and I like that Paige is helping him. I also think Charlie working her own angle because she doesn't fully trust Briggs is important, it shows they have minds of their own and aren't just in awe of Briggs, that puts the show on stronger footing going forward IMO.

After the clumsy way they set up Briggs accidentally killing Mike's FBI handler the show bounced back with two quality eps that have set up a really exciting looking finale.

Promo:

[YT]gRdHCJ27SVw[/YT]

My Charlie better not die. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"