Grand Theft Auto 6

Yeah I don't see how IV remaster isn't in the works now after the trilogy is coming out everywhere. I don't think IV was ported to anything? People could at least play Vice City, III and San Andreas in Ps4 and mobile phones without a remaster. And this is also easy money for Rockstar, while the long wait for GTAVI lives on. 2025 doesn't seem that long when I can play more older GTA games on Ps4/5.

2021 - Grand Theft Auto Trilogy Definitive Edition
2022 - Grand Theft Auto V Definitive Edition
2022 - Red Dead Redemption Definitive Edition
2023 - Grand Theft Auto IV Definitive Edition

I hope we get IV neXt year but, I think a lot of Definitive Editions for 1 year.

I recently reinstalled GTA V again. I feel like I do that very year. I'm not going to double dip when the ps5 version is released as I don't want to start from scratch, just for graphical enhancements. But it really needs a HDR support and the game shows its age when the environment looks a bit blurry.

Rockstar should have gotten the ball rolling on GTA IV and RDR remasters years ago. There wouldn't be as much of a demand for them if Playstation owners were able to play the old games on PS4/PS5 in the first place, especially since they still hold up today from a graphics perspective. I know that RDR was/is available through Playstation Now but it's streaming only so if you don't have top of the line internet the game is going to look choppy as hell.

Rockstar should have gotten the ball rolling on GTA IV and RDR remasters years ago. There wouldn't be as much of a demand for them if Playstation owners were able to play the old games on PS4/PS5 in the first place, especially since they still hold up today from a graphics perspective. I know that RDR was/is available through Playstation Now but it's streaming only so if you don't have top of the line internet the game is going to look choppy as hell.
I didn't have a ps3 so I basically caught up to the last 2 gens from 2018 to 2021. one of the first few PS4 games I bought is GTA V. Then I waited several months for RDR2 to be under 40 dollars. since then I've played Watch Dogs, Sleeping Dogs, Mafia, Horizon, Metal Gear Solid V, Just Cause, Assassin's Creed, Infamous and other 3rd person open world games. The only major ones I decided to skip are Saints row and Yakuza (as I'm not keen with their graphiX). And I've been itching to play another third person open world videogame. And based from the upcoming 2022/2023 games, there aren't really any GTA like games coming out eXcept for Saints Row. I might finally try that one when its cheaper.

I didn't have a ps3 so I basically caught up to the last 2 gens from 2018 to 2021. one of the first few PS4 games I bought is GTA V. Then I waited several months for RDR2 to be under 40 dollars. since then I've played Watch Dogs, Sleeping Dogs, Mafia, Horizon, Metal Gear Solid V, Assassin's Creed, Infamous and other 3rd person open world games. The only major ones I decided to skip are Saints row and Yakuza (as I'm not keen with their graphiX). And I've been itching to play another third person open world videogame.
PS3 is the only Playstation console I've never owned. I had an Xbox 360 during that time instead, which is how I played GTA IV and RDR. I still have the games for 360 but for convenience's sake I'd rather not pull that system out of storage just for that, especially since it's an earlier model and more susceptible to the red ring of death.

But GTA IV is probably the most underrated GTA game because it's the most realistic of the bunch. Definitely worth it though, as well as the DLC that came with it.

PS3 is the only Playstation console I've never owned. I had an Xbox 360 during that time instead, which is how I played GTA IV and RDR. I still have the games for 360 but for convenience's sake I'd rather not pull that system out of storage just for that, especially since it's an earlier model and more susceptible to the red ring of death.

But GTA IV is probably the most underrated GTA game because it's the most realistic of the bunch. Definitely worth it though, as well as the DLC that came with it.
Its kinda the same for me with my ps2. I stopped using it in fear that it suddenly would stop working. It was already having an error with my original ps2 game. It is stored with a plastic in a cabinet.

While I just threw out all my Ps2 bootleg games (including III, San andreas, Vice City, Liberty City stories and Vice City Stories) this year and I don't have an old TV anymore. So this remaster is finally giving me a chance to replay at least 3 of those games.

Its kinda the same for me with my ps2. I stopped using it in fear that it suddenly would stop working. It was already having an error with my original ps2 game. It is stored with a plastic in a cabinet.

While I just threw out all my Ps2 bootleg games (including III, San andreas, Vice City, Liberty City stories and Vice City Stories) this year and I don't have an old TV anymore. So this remaster is finally giving me a chance to replay at least 3 of those games.
My original PS2 which was one of the first run models died maybe three or four years into its lifespan because of the "Disc Read Error" issue. I got a PS2 slim model to replace it and it still works to this day. I actually broke it out during the lockdown last year to play The Simpsons: Hit and Run, which is yet another game that deserves the remaster treatment.

I missed reading this
Other comments made by the magazine suggested there wouldn’t be a remake of Grand Theft Auto IV, at least for the moment. It also suggests the release of Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S could be delayed again to April or May 2022. The new (new) gen version of the 2013 title has already been delayed until March 2022 for unknown reasons.

Rumor: GTA 6 Development Rebooted in 2020, Chaotic Development

So for now I'm not going to eXpect a GTA IV remaster for 2022, but hopefully when they see the sales of GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition; it is fast tracked.

It makes me wonder if the wait for GTA 7 is goingto be as long as GTA 6. Because I don't see how developing that could be as bad as GTA 6.

The Trilogy Remastered is out in a few days, and there's still no eXtensive gameplay video... weird. I feel like information and promotion from Rockstar, should be flooding right now. I'm planning to buy it though right away when its out in retail.

The Trilogy Remastered is out in a few days, and there's still no eXtensive gameplay video... weird. I feel like information and promotion from Rockstar, should be flooding right now. I'm planning to buy it though right away when its out in retail.

Youtube and Google are your friend. There’s plenty of gameplay from people out there already. The game releases tomorrow.

I’ve been watching some of those gameplay videos of the remastered trilogy and dammit if it’s not working its magic on me. If anything I might just get this eventually when it’s on sale for $20 or less.

Youtube and Google are your friend. There’s plenty of gameplay from people out there already. The game releases tomorrow.
Yeah just watched it today.

San andreas look the best to me.

It looks too cartoony for my taste, even though I can see the graphical improvements. The way point is going to be so useful when finding collectibles. I just hope I can get used to the look.... Need to wait til Dec 7 though.

If true.
upload_2021-11-14_1-25-55.gif
With the Definitive Editions now out this news seems highly likely.

upload_2021-11-14_1-25-55-gif.50676

Its definitely a good incentive while waiting for GTA VI.

I would love a GTA IV remaster, but after trying to play the Trilogy remaster... I don't have high hopes. It's honestly the laziest remaster I've ever played. It's ridiculous to me that a company worth billions of dollars, that had all the time in the world to make these remasters as polished as they want, really just doesn't care at all hahaha. Simply wild.

chris-evans-laughing-out-loud.gif

I would love a GTA IV remaster, but after trying to play the Trilogy remaster... I don't have high hopes. It's honestly the laziest remaster I've ever played. It's ridiculous to me that a company worth billions of dollars, that had all the time in the world to make these remasters as polished as they want, really just doesn't care at all hahaha. Simply wild.
I read T2/R* outsourced the remaster trilogy to a third party, but yeah, they essentially took a page out of Blizzard and released their Warcraft III: Reforged...

Imagine if this is the quality they'll be going for with the remasters for GTA IV and RDR.

I was very much looking forward to the remasters, right up until the screenshots started to roll out.

Yes overall the visuals do look improved, cleaner & obviously in almost all cases better than the original(s). However I was expecting more, you said it perfectly, it looks quite lazy & this is just from a visual perspective. You compare them to the likes of Mafia & Call of Duty 4, both of those got proper & legitimate graphical overhauls.

I just expected more/better, especially for these games which have had years of visual mods & improvements made for them by the community which made the bar quite high for any remasters purely from a visual standpoint.

Damn I didn’t know the remasters were that bad. Not like Rockstar to drop the ball like this.

I initially didn't like the cartoony look,but then this however a "remaster". The older GTA games aren't known for their visuals. So a remaster of games thatcame out 2002/2004/2005 in 2021, can only get them so far.

For it to look comparable to modern games like GTA V, would need more than replacing teXtures. It would require mocap actors, well basically build from it from the ground like the Mafia remake. Plenty of mods are much better looking than this as a lot of them modded GTA V or other new games. I'm sure a GTA IV and RDR remaster would look more presentable. Just don't eXpect it to be so modern looking.

They need to improve though issues like framemate as that is one of the things Ive read about this.

Yeah, considering GTA IV and RDR are newer games than the PS2 GTA Trilogy, I'd expect them not to overly polish the graphics like they did here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"