Grand Theft Auto 6

It's reached a point I think were people are getting annoyed that there is nothing on the horizon about GTA 6, this "remaster" & I use that term quite loosely as the graphical improvements aren't drastic, wouldn't have pissed people off so much if they'd announced it with a clump of legitimate graphical remasters for GTA III, Vice City, GTA IV & Red Dead Redemption 1.

Also this sort of thing shouldn't be taking away resources from developing/designing GTA 6, which is what it feels like both this "expanded & enhanced" version + the Online DLC's, are doing.

I still love this meme:

u1nlf42dt1671.png

It's reached a point I think were people are getting annoyed that there is nothing on the horizon about GTA 6, this "remaster" & I use that term quite loosely as the graphical improvements aren't drastic, wouldn't have pissed people off so much if they'd announced it with a clump of legitimate graphical remasters for GTA III, Vice City, GTA IV & Red Dead Redemption 1.

Also this sort of thing shouldn't be taking away resources from developing/designing GTA 6, which is what it feels like both this "expanded & enhanced" version + the Online DLC's, are doing.
Literally anything else from R* would be more exciting than GTAV/GTAO. They could literally just have a spokesperson show up and say "we have a project we're working on that isn't GTAV/Online" and nothing else, and it would be more exciting.

Literally anything else from R* would be more exciting than GTAV/GTAO. They could literally just have a spokesperson show up and say "we have a project we're working on that isn't GTAV/Online" and nothing else, and it would be more exciting.
Part of the reason why I was anticipating Red Dead Redemption II was because apart from being a big fan of the first game, it was a Rockstar project that had nothing to do with GTA V. Lo and behold that game turned out to be the greatest thing they've ever done (Just my opinion but I know a lot of people share those thoughts). I can only hope that they've been holding out on giving us GTA 6 for so long because they're doing their best to outdo what they did with RDR2.

Part of the reason why I was anticipating Red Dead Redemption II was because apart from being a big fan of the first game, it was a Rockstar project that had nothing to do with GTA V. Lo and behold that game turned out to be the greatest thing they've ever done (Just my opinion but I know a lot of people share those thoughts). I can only hope that they've been holding out on giving us GTA 6 for so long because they're doing their best to outdo what they did with RDR2.
Personally, I am fairly confident they are damn near all hands on deck with GTAVI at this point, GTAO and RDO are clearly not worked on by the best and brightest minds they have employed. I just don't think the devs that made GTAV and RDR2 are capable of the level of incompetence on display in their online updates, I'm betting it's just smaller less talented teams they have churning out crap for online to keep T2 happy while the actual talent works on VI. I just wish they would at least announce the damn game already.

I'm itching to play another open world game set in the modern times, with lots of buildings, clothing stores, cars, etc. I know Yakuza and Saints Row are there, but thats like two of the only 3rd person open world franchises that I haven't played as they just don't appeal to me, and a new Watch Dogs isn't happening anytime soon. While you can't simply drive cars and dress up like an ordinary person in Spider-Man games.:funny:

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition and More Coming Soon - Rockstar Games

In honor of the upcoming anniversary, today we are excited to announce that all three games will be coming to current generation platforms later this year in Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and the Rockstar Games Launcher on PC. Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will feature across-the-board upgrades including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements for all three titles, while still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals. We’re extremely excited to share more about these groundbreaking titles in the coming weeks — stay tuned!
In addition, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will be coming to iOS and Android in the first half of 2022.

They should remaster IV as well.
Watch them remaster it, and still not fix the bug where the final mission is borderline impossible to complete on moderately powerful hardware without artificially restricting performance.

Last edited:
I’ll wait until screenshots & gameplay footage of the GTA trilogy are released. Seems we will be getting what was already selling on the PS Store only all in one nice package & with additional trophies

Which means it won’t be a physical release. I’ll be happily shocked if they also do a physical copy.

GTA Definitive Trilogy

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - Definitive Edition launches on November 11 digitally and on December 6 as disc

I'm on the fence about this. At first this was like a day 1 purchase for me.

But I saw the trailer and it looks too cartoony for a remaster; and isn't even 1/3 of GTA V's photorealism look. Plus that $60 price isn't encouraging. So I would wait for it when its cheaper.

I hope the gameplay is better - checkpoints, skip mission option and better controls.

Sure, it looks shinier and the environments are an improvement but I feel like it's also taking away some of the old-school charm of the original games. If I didn't already buy and replay the trilogy earlier this year from the Playstation store I might have jumped on this but as of right now I'm going to hold off. I'd be more inclined to open my wallet for a remastered Red Dead Redemption or GTA IV.

It also doesn't help for me that there are GTA V mods featuring the older games.

I know its a bit much to ask this to Rockstar,but I wish they remade III or Vice City instead of this remaster that looks dated. Hopefully the actual games look better but I'm underwhelmed.

I'm also seeing some chatter on Reddit about the soundtracks for the games being altered due to licensing issues, in particular Vice City and San Andreas. It makes sense that the licenses would have expired after close to 20 years but at the same time if a good number of songs are missing from the radio that's another drawback.

I'll wait for a sale, but I definitely think the 3 trilogy looks worth a buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"