Great! Superhero Movie

I guess it'll be sort of entertaining because it is about superheroes.

well, i was excited about this movie until i saw the trailer.

now i could care less. it looks like the same old crappy spoof movies we've been getting lately.

I was about to write this film off like the Epic/Date/Meet the Spartans crap...but then I noticed Leslie Nielson is in it.

Don't think I will see it in the theatre but definetly rent it. I think the writing will be much better than those previous 3 I mentioned. Still not quality but a tiny bit better.

Are they just lampooning the first Spidey flick beat for beat? :confused:

Wow.
Such lame gags.
oOo he's a clumsy ****** that bangs into things!
Bravo!!!

They just recycle the same old crap, and people will still flock to see it. :csad:
Looks like they are basically sticking to making fun of Spider-Man, just noticed a Batman reference at the beginning, nothing else.

Still going to stink. So badly.

I guess it'll be sort of entertaining because it is about superheroes.
the title makes no sense. its about a spiderman wannabe in green.

i really dont understand how can you make an almost 90% copy of spiderman with a green spandex teenager.

it looks pathetic.

all the early word on this movie led me to believe that this would be different... even that review on AICN said that this wasn't the same poop and vomit filled jokes we'd gotten with epic and date and meet the spartans.

from that trailer, though, it looks like the same guys wrote it.

yeah the way they talked about it it sounded different and fresh.but its the same old s....

if i want to see a dumb superhero movie i will at least watch a big budget movie.....batman & robin.

I have to admit I laughed when Leslie Nielson used the nail gun on the friend, that's about it though. It's basically just Spider-man with some lame slapstick comedy.

all the early word on this movie led me to believe that this would be different... even that review on AICN said that this wasn't the same poop and vomit filled jokes we'd gotten with epic and date and meet the spartans.

I bet the deals have already been inking for AICN to get some ad dollars for this movie.

Whats it going up against?
I hope it bombs, but somehow I see it being #1 at the box office.

It actually doesn't look as bad as Date, Epic, or Spartans...Plus Leslie Nielson. I don't know, I'm still debating if this is worth my time. I'll just say it doesn't look god awful thus far.

Does anyone remember when these filmmakers actually made funny stuff? It was a long time ago but it's true.

I still love the Zuckers but why call it Superhero Movie as if it is from the same team as Epic and Date Movie? It was suppose to be called Superhero! (like Airplane!)

I had high hopes for this movie but not after seeing that trailer. Having Leslie Nielson in it helps...but not enough. *sigh* Oh well......

Are they just lampooning the first Spidey flick beat for beat? :confused:

And there in lies the problem with spoof movies now-a-days. Watch Airplane or the Naked Gun or a Mel Brooks movie. They create their own plots, worlds that would be set within a certain genre. But then they create their own element of humor and jokes. They don't just copy a bunch of scenes from other movies (a trend which seems to have been started by Scary Movie) and add a silly spin on it (like Donald Trump reaching out of a window to cut down Spider-Man's web). And thats what makes them great and **** like Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans.

That said, this one doesn't look too painful. Drake Bell has a good sense of comedic timing and delivery and Leslie Neilsen is in it. I'm sure it'll suck. But unlike "_________ Movie" and Meet the Spartans, it may be presentable.

matt i agree.

they used parts from other movies and genres and made fun of them.

todays spoof moveis copy the exacty same scenes and here is the problem.

The idea of a dragonfly man is kinda funny, but he doesn't even seem to be able to fly?
I dunno, don't want to watch the trailer again, but it just seemed like he had the exact same attributes as spidey, minus the web slinging.

once they started doing the break dancing on the wall... i turned it off....

This looks generically bad and boring, but not straight-up revolting and offensive like Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans. I still probably wont watch this, but it doesn't disgust me as much as those other ones do.

Well at least there wasn't any recent pop culture references like the MtS trailer was loaded with. But still the start looked like Direct to DVD.

that kid from that stupid nick show is in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"