Greatest CBM Trilogy?

The Dark Knight trilogy reigns supreme, with Captain America's trilogy a close 2nd.

Meanwhile, the "Snyder trilogy" is one the worst in cinematic history.

I sincerely thought it was sarcasm, for a moment. I mean talking about coherence for the Snyder "trilogy".

The first entry started as a stand-alone film, with no connections to any other DC characters or events and instead of making a sequel, WB and Snyder made a crossover by shoehorning a whole universe out of nowhere, had the script rewritten by another writer, while rushing the other Justice League members' appearances. They made a third movie and after filming was done, they brought another director to remake half of it with a completely different tone and style. After it crushed and burned they then gave the original director free reigns to release a non-cinematic four-hour cut of what was originally shot, in which he put stuff they'd never allow him to use in other circumstances and had a build-up for something that was never going to happen. With that knowledge the director and studio thought it was a great idea to have reshoots that took place for the sole purpose of throwing even more cliffhangers that will never be resolved.

That kind of sums it up, I think.

Don't forget "And to do that last thing, they spent enough money that they could have made an entire new movie or TV show from scratch."

I was thinking of adding The Wolverine Trilogy which would be Origins/The Wolverine/Logan.

Nah fam, not worth it

wade-wilson.gif

The Dark Knight trilogy by far. I love all three films and consider them to be pretty much above anything else in the genre. Then Raimi's Spider-Man and then the X-Men trilogy. Both have disappointing third entries but I love the first two and they certainly are amongst the most influential.

This is exactly where I am as well.

Though I like the Snyder trilogy more than most and it's certainly up there for me.

The Wolverine trilogy is at least noteworthy in that it starts out with one of the suckiest CBMs of all time and finishes with one of the greatest.

Agreed. I also would argue that The Wolverine Extended Cut has aged well, on exception of the final fight. If it were an MCU film I'd say it was a quality mid-tier.

Agreed. I also would argue that The Wolverine Extended Cut has aged well, on exception of the final fight. If it were an MCU film I'd say it was a quality mid-tier.
Even the PG-13 cut of Wolverine is fine. The only big issue is the Transformer reject Silver Samurai and Viper but they're easy to ignore if you treat the Logan vs. Shingen fight as the real climax of the movie, although the following fight sequence with the ninjas is pretty kick ass.

Even the PG-13 cut of Wolverine is fine. The only big issue is the Transformer reject Silver Samurai and Viper but they're easy to ignore if you treat the Logan vs. Shingen fight as the real climax of the movie, although the following fight sequence with the ninjas is pretty kick ass.

Yeah we definitely need a 4K version of the r rated cut as well.

The Wolverine IMO is just the epitome of mediocrity. It’s not awful like the previous film but it doesn’t come close to the territory Jackman and Mangold reached in Logan. But even if we take Logan out of the equation, TW isn’t even a top tier superhero popcorn flick. It’s okay but it’s definitely one movie I’ve never had the urge to rewatch. I think I’ve revisited X-Men Origins more often (parts anyway) just because so many terrible scenes are fun to laugh at. But there’s nothing in TW that made me think, “Wow; that was so awesome I need to see it again.”

Other than the third act going off the rails and the character of Viper being a misfire, I consider The Wolverine a pretty great film. It’s basically a really solid crime thriller with a lot of good acting and character work. The Japanese setting and cast was refreshing too.

I sincerely thought it was sarcasm, for a moment. I mean talking about coherence for the Snyder "trilogy".

The first entry started as a stand-alone film, with no connections to any other DC characters or events and instead of making a sequel, WB and Snyder made a crossover by shoehorning a whole universe out of nowhere, had the script rewritten by another writer, while rushing the other Justice League members' appearances. They made a third movie and after filming was done, they brought another director to remake half of it with a completely different tone and style. After it crushed and burned they then gave the original director free reigns to release a non-cinematic four-hour cut of what was originally shot, in which he put stuff they'd never allow him to use in other circumstances and had a build-up for something that was never going to happen. With that knowledge the director and studio thought it was a great idea to have reshoots that took place for the sole purpose of throwing even more cliffhangers that will never be resolved.

That kind of sums it up, I think.
The Dark Knight trilogy reigns supreme, with Captain America's trilogy a close 2nd.

Meanwhile, the "Snyder trilogy" is one the worst in cinematic history.
Lmao, this place really has not changed at all over the years. Same old herd mentality.

Lmao, this place really has not changed at all over the years. Same old herd mentality.
At least we don't need bots in our herd. :o

zack-snyder-cute.gif

Kidding aside, what kind of response did you think you were going to get by saying "the 3 Zack Snyder movies are so far above the rest in terms cinematic quality, cohesiveness, and universe building that it’s not even close"? I'm not even a hater because I really did like ZSJL but come on now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"