Worst CBM Trilogy

Yes. Yes, he is.

The character gets about 1/3 the screen time that 4 or 5 other characters gets in JL, Superman's role in JL is very much a supporting one.

Civil War, at worst, is a Captain America centric Avengers film. It definitely could not be mistaken for being equally an Iron Man film as it is a Cap one.

Yeah because Iron Man's role in Civil War isn't as important to the story at all..

As far as I'm concerned Civil War is an Avengers film, I don't class it as a Captain America (or Iron Man for that matter) film.

The character gets about 1/3 the screen time that 4 or 5 other characters gets in JL, Superman's role in JL is very much a supporting one.
He's the urban myth, the shadow, you only see for the last few minutes, but he's the topic that blankets conversations, inspires people, motivate actions....

He's important, but in a disappointing way.

He's the urban myth, the shadow, you only see for the last few minutes, but he's the topic that blankets conversations, inspires people, motivate actions....

Pretty much this. Even insofar as Superman isn't actually in a lot of Justice League ( either version ), the movie is absolutely *about* him. If anything, this is one of its more crippling flaws, reducing the Justice League to a bunch of Superman sidekicks and understudies.

This is a silly rationale. His death and revival play an important role in the movie. Not to mention, he is a member of the JL...the main characters of the film. Superman is in fact a lead character of the film.

Yeah because Iron Man's role in Civil War isn't as important to the story at all..

As important as Tony's role is to the story...no...it isn't as important as Steve's. Because Steve is the main character of the film. Tony isn't.

Important to the overall story, yes, but there's a difference between being important & being a, or the, leading character. Even the most minor of characters can have important & driving aspects of a story, not that I'm trying to say Superman was a minor character before anybody gets defensive.

This is a silly rationale. His death and revival play an important role in the movie. Not to mention, he is a member of the JL...the main characters of the film. Superman is in fact a lead character of the film.

As important as Tony's role is to the story...no...it isn't as important as Steve's. Because Steve is the main character of the film. Tony isn't.

We'll agree to disagree.

We'll agree to disagree.

You are welcome to leave the discussion if you wish, but what I'm pointing out really isn't a matter of opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"