Green Arrow #67 / Ollie Destroys Families

Motown Marvel said:
i do believe you're being quite naive to believe that a man in bruce wayne's position could effectively execute their job without ever making a business deal that results in people losing their jobs.

You mean to tell me that with enuff prep time, the mind of Bruce Wayne can't formulate a plan?? :whatever: He's the uber-Bat. He can escape death traps and build OMAC spy satellites but he can't figure this out??

You slay me. :whatever:

celldog said:
You mean to tell me that with enuff prep time, the mind of Bruce Wayne can't formulate a plan?? :whatever: He's the uber-Bat. He can escape death traps and build OMAC spy satellites but he can't figure this out??

How does that even remotely relate to the discussion at hand? Sometimes, buisness descisions involve people losing their jobs and there's no way around it. Batman can't alter the fabric of reality.

Batman probably put an effective price floor above the supply/demand equilibrium point thus creating surplus of jobs. duh.

WompuM said:
Batman probably put an effective price floor above the supply/demand equilibrium point thus creating surplus of jobs. duh.

That would require a manipulation of the economy on a level that would make him the unofficial ruler of the United States, if not the world.

celldog said:
Someone took their jaded pills today. :whatever:
And you people call us liberals idealistic. We put our faith in humanity, you put yours in corporate boards that sacrificed their humanity a long time ago.

Darthphere said:
Nobody told the families to work for an evil corporation.:o
I seem to remember getting banned for making a similar argument in relation to 9/11.

fifthfiend said:
You know when Mr. Smith went to Washington and stood in opposition to wasteful, self-interested graft, he did so with flagrant disregard for the well-being of all those innocent contractors whose livelihood depended on wasteful, self-interested graft.
Exactly. Outlawing prostitution and murder is probably pretty hard on the people who do those things for a living. Outlawing drugs is definitely rough on the most entrepreneurial segment of our society, the dealers.

When you take down something you believe is wrong, you don't concern yourself with people amoral enough to make money off of it. If you did, there would never be revolutions. And really, that's probably a big reason why we don't have so many of those in the West anymore. That, and the fact that any American can be bought off with shiny appliances and vague platitudes.

WompuM said:
his stache aint got **** on hitler's, or tom selleck's.
That's like saying Ron Jeremy's piece ain't got **** on a five-year-old's. How can a tiny little stub possibly be cooler than that big ol' ball of badass man-hair on Saddam's upper lip?

Darthphere said:
Shut up Motown, dont you nkow that businessman never cause jobs to be lost!
He's just joking. EVERYONE knows that it's the workers' own laziness, and the faceless economy that is TOTALLY NOT BASED ON ANYBODY'S ACTIONS that cause jobs to be lost.

droogiedroogie2 said:
Exactly. Outlawing prostitution and murder is probably pretty hard on the people who do those things for a living.

I really don't see how you can talk about prostitution and murder as something similar.

Darthphere said:
Shut up Motown, dont you nkow that businessman never cause jobs to be lost!
He's just joking. EVERYONE knows that it's the workers' own laziness, and the faceless economy that is TOTALLY NOT BASED ON ANYBODY'S ACTIONS that cause jobs to be lost.

droogiedroogie2 said:
Exactly. Outlawing prostitution and murder is probably pretty hard on the people who do those things for a living.

I really don't see how you can talk about prostitution and murder as something similar.

celldog said:

Here, however, is a problem endemic to both liberals and conservatives: the idea that saving the economy, or even the world, can be as simple as a quick fix and "a good plan." This is why trickle-down economics was ever allowed to even be an idea.

The Question said:
Forgive the wording, I was only thinking of two criminal activities that can be committed for profit.

I tell ya' red superman had the right idea.

The Question said:
That would require a manipulation of the economy on a level that would make him the unofficial ruler of the United States, if not the world.

He's the goddamned Batman, what's the problem???

WompuM said:
He's the goddamned Batman, what's the problem???

So, you're saying that Batman has complete control over America's economy, is thus the unofficial ruler of the country, and all he does is put on bat themed BDSM gear and beat up muggers? That couldn't make less sense. :huh:

celldog said:

i do believe bruce wayne/batman has a few more important things to spend his time on than to find jobs for other people...you know, like run his business....oh, and theres also that war on crime thing he's fighting.

This thread f***ing sucks now.

Ollie blows. Connor Hawke rules.

droogie said:

Just think of all the hard working Mafiosi put out of business by the government's shameless enforcement of racketeering laws!

The Question said:

Well in fairness, sometime a mother****er just need killin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"