Green Lantern 2

Yeah I thought it was common knowledge that kids are naturally brain damaged.

I would not rank this in the same family as, say:

Catwoman
Spider-Man 3
Jonah Hex
X-Men 3: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Batman & Robin
Daredevil
Elektra
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

^ These would be the absolute worst, in my opinion.

But I would rank it in this family:

Superman Returns
Batman Forever
Spider-Man
X-Men
Iron Man 2
Green Lantern

^ These being "Good"/"Average"/"Okay"/"Decent"

The best superhero movies ever, would consist of these (and I wouldn't rank Green Lantern with them):

Spider-Man 2
X2: X-Men United
Iron Man
The Dark Knight
The Avengers
The Dark Knight Rises
X-Men: First Class

... And so on.

Oh come on man. Spiderman 3 and X3 weren't THAT bad. I'd actually say that both were about as good as Superman Returns or Iron Man 2

Ive heard a lot of fans clamoring for a soft rebbotfor GL like Hulk and Ghost rider-problem is Soft reboots dont seem to work for CBMS-Every soft reboot has failed.So I say go for a hard reboot and skip the origin.

I It was disappointing the Geoff Johns forced his material in there when he became head of DC entertainment.
I am really tired of Geoff johns forcing his ideas on Dc.I want him to stay the hll away from Dc movies he has nothing to offer

the best reboot ever of any movie is Star Trek II the Wrath of Khan

Green Lantern bombed Hulk style and was as tepidly received. The movie was the butt of late night jokes and is seen as an all around failure. There is no way WB would be stupid enough to make a sequel, they might make another film but not a sequel. The few fans of the movie are fooling themselves if they think that Ryan Reynolds and crew will be invited back. Reynolds is going the way of Bana and Routh when it comes to playing a Superhero.

^The voice of reason.

Ive heard a lot of fans clamoring for a soft rebbotfor GL like Hulk and Ghost rider-problem is Soft reboots dont seem to work for CBMS-Every soft reboot has failed.So I say go for a hard reboot and skip the origin.

I am really tired of Geoff johns forcing his ideas on Dc.I want him to stay the hll away from Dc movies he has nothing to offer
Hulk may have underperformed but the reboot, TIH, was a fantastic film. I know some weren't thrilled over how Abomination was portrayed or other minor things, but overall it was a great film. Ghost Rider....no, it sucked, even compared to the first film.

...played a male nurse boyfriend to a Jack clone on the now thankfully cancelled Will & Grace 2... I mean Partners. :o

Oh come on man. Spiderman 3 and X3 weren't THAT bad. I'd actually say that both were about as good as Superman Returns or Iron Man 2

Spider-Man 3 was a disaster, and Iron Man 2 are leagues ahead of any of those x))

Last edited:
I PMed this to Doctor Jones and he liked it, so I'm brave enough to put it here. Assuming this film was a success that led to a sequel....

Green Lantern: Emerald Dusk (2014)

Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan/Parallax
Idris Elba as Jon Stewart
Jim Sturgess as Kyle Rayner (You know it would've been Joseph Gordon-Levitt!)
Sean Astin as Guy Gardner
Ving Rhames as Kilowog
and Mark Strong as Sinestro.

Three years after Hal Jordan threw the Parallax gas cloud into the sun, the yellow fear energy has left it severely weakened.

Seeking revenge for the Yellow Lanterns' defeat at the hands of the Sector 2814 Green Lanterns, Sinestro takes the fight to Hal Jordan's home. In the ensuing battle Coast City is destroyed and all it's inhabitants killed. Hal eventually hunts down and kills Sinestro. In his grief stricken state he uses his power ring to recreate Coast City. Although the Guardians appear and attempt to take his ring away from him. He agrees and travels with them back to Oa as a captive. However, he surrendered intentionally, in order to attack Oa ($1 billion in box office right there), adopting the name Parrallax (A spit in the face to the corps because he'd defeated their greatest enemy so easily) and absorbing the Power Battery's power he massacres the Corps on Oa, with Kilowog putting up a brave final stand.

The Sector 2814's arrive at Oa too late to stop the devastation. Their rings receive an SOS signal from a downed Lantern on a nearby planet, however it was an ambush orchestrated by Parallax, the battle comes down to Guy Gardner and Parallax, who savagely beats Gardner within an inch of his life, leaving him comatose. The others manage to temporarily defeat him and escape back to Earth.

Parallax angered, he returns back to Earth where he does battle with the Rayner and Stewart in the ruins of Coast City. Leaving Rayner for dead, it comes down to a severely depowered Stewart and Parallax, but Rayner who was playing possum grabs Parallax in a headlock. Stewart uses the last of his ring's energy to shoot an arrow into Parallax's chest.

In his dying moments, realising what a monster he'd become, he repents his sins and flies into the sun, using the green energy of will power to restart it.

In the post credit sequence, Darkseid learns that there are no more Green Lanterns to protect Earth. He orders his Elite to commence the invasion.

Even though there's a little too much characters and events for one film here, I kind of like it. Could have worked for two or three films! Especially like the Justice League introduction!

Yeah, a war between the Sinestro Corps is a film in itself really.

I'm not holding out much hope for Ryan Reynolds returning to the role, but I honestly wouldn't mind him back in the role. The direction and writing on that first was god awful, but given the right material I think he'd nail it. But again, not seeing much hope in it.

GREEN LANTERN, EMERALD DAWN
Hal Jordan becomes the new GL of sector 2814 when Abin Sur is killed by Manhunters working for a rouge Lantern, Sinestro. Not knowing what the dying Abin Sur may have told Jordan Sinestro takes him on as his partner as way to find out what he knows. As Sinestro trains him Jordan starts to see there is something going on with Sinestro. Soon Jordan finds out what happened to Abin Sur and confronts Sinestro about it. Sinestro tells him there is more going on then he knows and attacks Hal when he decides to go to the Guardians. Jordan lets Sinestro think he is dead and hides. Later back to Oa Sinestro tells the Guardians that Jordan is dead that he wasn’t ready but is caught in his lie when Jordan shows up. Jordan tells them everything he knows and Sinestro is stripped of his ring and imprisoned for his crimes. Jordan is then trained by Kilowog and sent back to his sector of space. Months go by and Hal gets on with is life dating Carol Ferris things are going smooth until Sinestro escapes from his cell with the help of a Manhunter and a new Yellow power Ring. Sinestro Sends a group of Manhunters to attack Jordan while the rest he uses to take over Oa. Hal beats the Manhunters and returns to Oa frees the other Lanterns and find Sinestro in the Central Power Battery chamber. Sinestro tells him that the Yellow ring is what he was working on with the Weaponers and that with it he will replace the Guardians and the Corps. The two fight this time Jordan wins Sinestro is trapped in the Central Power Battery and his ring is locked away.

GREEN LANTERN, EMERALD KNIGHTS
Hal Jordan, Kilowog, Katma Tui and new recruit John Stewart lead a mission to take down the tyrant Mongul and Warworld. With Mongul and his followers locked away and ready to return to earth Hal is shocked that he is being reassigned to train new recruits. John Stewart and Katma Tui will be taking over Hals sector to finish his training. Hal and Kilowog take their new recruits for training on Mogo the sentient or "living" planet and Green Lantern. Meanwhile on earth John and Katma continue their training while at the same time growing closer. Back in Monguls cell while powerless is still able to instil fear into the guards. This activates the Yellow ring that Sinestro had and it breaks free of its containment and finds Mongul. With the ring he is able to free his followers and take over the prison. To keep the Green Lanterns there from warning anyone uses Black Mercy plants on them to place them in a dream like state. From there he finds his way to Qward where he finds that the Weaponers have been making more Yellow Rings and that they have a Yellow Power Battery just like the on Oa. Mongul outfits all his followers with Yellow Rings remaking them into the Yellow Corps. Mongul and his Corps head to Warworld to find that its just a shell and that all of its technology is on its way to Oa. Mongul sends a group to stop the ship but they aren’t the only ones that want the ship, the spider guild wants the ship too. The guild and Yellow Corps clash over the ship. In the end one of the Yellow Corps members is killed and all the Guild are killed along with the Lanterns on the ship. The Rings return to Oa and Hal, Kilowog, and the trainees are called back and assigned to rings last location. Once there they find the dead Spider Guild and the Yellow Corps member with the ring. Believing there to be only one Yellow ring they go to the prison to find it empty, the Yellow Ring gone, and the other Green Lanterns there in a coma. Hal and Kilowog have the recruits take the comatose Lanterns back to Oa and review the security logs to find what happened. Knowing it was Mongul they have Oa put on high alert and head to Warworld where they encounter members of the Yellow Corps. Hal and Kilowog beat them and find that its worse then they thought, that the Lantern ship is on its way not to Oa as they thought but on it way to earth. That Mongul is going to turn it into a new Warworld, and he’s going to start with Coast City. Mongul comes to earth and his forces engage John Stewart and Katma Tui as well as the police. Mongul and his forces over power the earth forces and kill Katma allowing her ring to find a new host and beat cop Guy Gardner. John Stewart gives him a crash corse with the ring but its not enough to stop Mongul from destroying the city. Gardner and Stewart save as many people as they can and get away before Mongul imbeds the Warworld engine. Jordan and Kilowog make it back to Earth and find the city gone and the engine in its place. Jordan heads into the massive structure while Kilowog finds John and Guy. Kilowog orders Guy to protect the people they saved while he and John go and get Jordan. Jordan fights Mongul while John, and Kilowog fight other Yellow Lanterns. Kilowog starts a chain reaction that blows up the engine. But in the destruction Mongul gets away with many of his Lanterns.

more later

I have been reading a few of the current GL corps and Green Lantern comics of late. And I have come to the conclusion that while the initial idea of someone getting to become a GL and being presented with a ring and Lantern are pretty cool concepts. Thats really about it for interesting story lines with GL. The ring and Lanterns themselves are too Deus Ex Machina for me and it seems that the limits and powers of the rings and lanterns are always being rewritten or stretched to try and create a new story angle...
I do like the green colors tho.

I still think GL was originally a great film, but WB hacked it up. I recall test screenings being overly positive.

Then they must have hacked up the entire Movie, should that be the case. Because beyond a few scenes here and there, that were actually good, the rest is just forgetful.

The score for the first film was mediocore.

They should've chose another composer d:

It's really surprising too, considering James newton Howard is usually a great composer, I loved his work on Peter Jackson's King Kong.

I think the score was decent, and sometimes better than the film itself.

James Newton Howard work on The Last Airbender was beautiful. But to GL that movie was horrible. I only saw it once when it came out and I have 0 desire to ever see it again. It is without question the worst comic book movie ever made. Really the only where I won't watch again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"