Green River Killer - Michael Sheen Makes Directing Debut

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
LINK

He’s played Tony Blair, David Frost and Dr, William Masters and now Golden Globe nominee Michael Sheen is making his feature directorial debut with Green River Killer. Adapting his 2015 Black List script, the Masters of Sex star also will star in the film as serial killer Gary Ridgway, who was convicted of 49 murders in the Seattle area in the 1980s and 1990s. QC Entertainment said today that it will produce and finance the project.

The film tells the story of police detective Tom Jensen, who spent 20 years looking for the notorious Green River Killer, and Ridgway (left), the man he eventually caught. Rideway was arrested in 2001 thanks to DNA evidence and is serving life in prison with no chance of parole. Sheen’s script is based on Dark Horse Entertainment’s graphic novel Green River Killer: A True Detective Story by Jensen’s son Jeff Jensen and artist Jonathan Case.

Gary Oldman for Ridgway, c'maaaaaan

I highly recommend this if any of you are interested in what happened. It's a good read.

225384._UY475_SS475_.jpg

I'm not really a true crime/Anne Rule type of guy, but this was well done, especially if you liked Robert Graysmith's books about Zodiac.

I also recommend this TV movie too. This whole story was the main inspiration for The Silence of the Lambs.

mgk-jpg-movie-113586622.jpg

Gary Oldman would look more like Ridgway at first glance, but I suppose Sheen could pull it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"