• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Greg Weisman and Josh Keaton Podcast Interview

thanks for the heads up guys. Cant wait to see how it goes.

yeah thanks alot! crawlspace's podcasts are excellent. i am sure this one will be no different

I just wanna know if greg would consider a run on ASM!

would be sweet if marvel did let him do a few guest spots as a writer. They do have their huge rotating writers/artists on the title right now. I am sure they would love him to do maybe a one off story or something.

I have asked them 3 questions. I am really looking forwards to hear the answers!

^^ Well, they already finished the chat today, so it could be up at any time.

any word on when this new interview is going online yet?

I listened to the first part of the podcast last night. It was great. Greg says that in order to help the series to get picked up for at least another season we can do 2 things:

1- Watch the episodes in October and November (with Nielson box)
2- Buy "Spectacular spider-man" merchandise (the emphasis being on the spectacular spider-man not just any spider-man merchandise)

well i am sure they will get pick up, it will just be a long wait for story/animation to be done which sucks. But hopefully we will have a better picture in oct/nov.

On saturday, I bought 2 more SPectacular SPider-Man figs. One of the new fully painted black Venom and a Shocker. I already own a really good amount of Spectcualr Spdiey stuff, so I'm jsut trying to continue to help out.

I already bought the first season on Itunes,but I am gonna go buy the dvds tomorrow,which ones are better the box set or the individual volumes?

^^ I bought all of the volumes as well as the complete first season. If you have enough, buy everything that invovles the DVD's, if not, then just buy the first season itself.

actually he was talking more about the volume sets not selling well. He hasnt seen the figures for the first season full set, since its only been out for like what i month or so now, and as he said in the podcast he hasnt had much talks between marvel/disney folks since the whole merger thing went public.

I am listening to it now. The rights with the show are twisted up and everything is in the air, with Mr. Wiesman more or less in the dark company wise. It will all come down to Disney XD ratings for October and November. If they do very well, a 3rd season will be a go. If they go poorly, it's dead. If they land in the middle...then who knows. On the plus side, with Sony out of the loop, Disney will naturally get more profit out of it, especially as they didn't have to pay a dime to produce the first 26 episodes.

The ratings were better on KID'S WB/CW4KIDS though.

I am curious how the DVD's sell in Canada, which is also Region 1. Word of mouth is that this show has been very popular in Canadian YTV and Teletoon; hence why they wasted no time airing Season 2. It could be argued the show is more popular in Canada than it is here, but who knows. Greg stated that the DVD's are not selling well, but the toys are. However, it was unknown how well the season set sold; DVD buyers have been smarter and usually wait for the season set.

Josh Keaton claimed that all of the actors would be up for a third season, and Greg & Victor Cook would also be game. Wiesman, Cook, and Cheeks Galloway are all working on a 3rd party MECHA-NATION three issue comic series.

Last edited:
well all we can do is hope it does well in oct/nov and then greg and company comes back and we get more episodes.

I got the first season set already. Trying to help out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"