GTA:IV delayed until Q2 of '08

Good. Gives time for my wallet to rest in between buying these games.

This is bull, I've been waiting too long damn it! :cmad:

I don't really get a sense of loss. Crackdown is still an addictive as hell game that satisfies my "free-roam" needs, and I still haven't picked up Saint's Row yet.

If you're looking for a title to buy this Christmas though, there's Bioshock, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Assassin's Creed... a whole bunch, actually.

I felt this heavy-hitting Christmas time was pretty well spaced out, and that was before SplinterCell: Conviction and GTA4 were delayed.

Good...rather it work right and come out next year than buggy and have it now...and I already have too much crap to buy this x-mas season anyway, with Halo 3 costing me $130 and Viva Pinata: Party Animals and Assassin's Creed :o

Good. Gives time for my wallet to rest in between buying these games.

Yup, pretty much. I've got a lot of new games to keep me busy, not too mention ones that I haven't yet picked up.

While I surely want them to take all the time they need to make this game the game it needs to be, I still very much want to play this game ASAP DAMMIT! Sry, I just want to goddman play it already! Give us a demo on October 27th, or something. PLEASE!

You will get nothing until final release. Just play through one of the last three games. San Andreas currently has me hooked again.

You will get nothing until final release. Just play through one of the last three games. San Andreas currently has me hooked again.

It's honestly very hard for me to go back and play Gta3-San Andreas. After being so addicted to Saints Row and its perfect controls, it's almost impossible to try and play GTA3. The controls and physics and combat are awful. Which is extremely sad because GTA3 is my fondest memory of gaming experience, I remember when I got it the day it came out and how awesome it was. And how I was so excited playing it that I flipped the car you start out in, before I even made it off the bridge.

It's honestly very hard for me to go back and play Gta3-San Andreas. After being so addicted to Saints Row and its perfect controls, it's almost impossible to try and play GTA3. The controls and physics and combat are awful. Which is extremely sad because GTA3 is my fondest memory of gaming experience, I remember when I got it the day it came out and how awesome it was. And how I was so excited playing it that I flipped the car you start out in, before I even made it off the bridge.
I've been thinking of picking up Saints Row. I really enjoyed the demo and my friend really loved the game, but I still feel that I'll like GTA4 more, and should save my money for that. :csad:

I've been thinking of picking up Saints Row. I really enjoyed the demo and my friend really loved the game, but I still feel that I'll like GTA4 more, and should save my money for that. :csad:
I feel the same way but since GTA4 got delayed, ill give it a rent.

Saints Row is good.

Feels a bit like a next gen version of San Andreas.

Saints Row is good.

Feels a bit like a next gen version of San Andreas.

Yeah. I love Saints Row. Everything just works so well. I know it's an obvious rip-off of GTA, but it's such a damn good one. The controls are perfect, and pistol whipping is something GTA has always been lacking, along with ragdoll physics. If GTA4 doesn't have ragdoll, i hope it has a very good equivilant, cause running people over in the old GTA's is a joke.

Haha Saints Row has really made me bitter over the old GTA's. It's just a very smart and well made GTA clone, that fixes ALOT of the gameplay problems that GTA had. The story is garbage, but the actual playing part of it is improved apon GTA in almost every way.

Yeah. I love Saints Row. Everything just works so well. I know it's an obvious rip-off of GTA, but it's such a damn good one. The controls are perfect, and pistol whipping is something GTA has always been lacking, along with ragdoll physics. If GTA4 doesn't have ragdoll, i hope it has a very good equivilant, cause running people over in the old GTA's is a joke.

Haha Saints Row has really made me bitter over the old GTA's. It's just a very smart and well made GTA clone, that fixes ALOT of the gameplay problems that GTA had. The story is garbage, but the actual playing part of it is improved apon GTA in almost every way.

Indeed and just imagine GTAIV will be 10x better.

I'm disappointed it got delayed but at least I'll have a game to look forward to next spring. This Fall is going to be insane as is.

GTA IV delayed to make MS give in?

As most have already heard, GTA IV has been delayed till Q2 2008. Speculation is running all over the internet as to the exact reason for this delay. As far as gamers knew, everything was fine at E3 and on track for a big October launch.

As reported earlier this week, XF had learned about certain future titles requiring the 360 HDD for data caching, but hadn't received any specifics on which games and when this would happen. Yesterday, when XF got word of GTA IV being delayed, we had to call our source. Apparently Rockstar wants GTA IV to give a seamless experience with load times limited as much as possible and void of loading whenever possible. This requires a HDD according to our source.

MS, while allowing certain titles (MMOs & soccer managers) to use the HDD already and reportedly allowing titles to do it in the future, did not want to segregate the 360 core users this early. Everything our source said made sense when we looked at what Shane Kim said in a recent interview with GamePro.com:

There was a rumor that Grand Theft Auto IV is not going to be compatible with the Core system because the game may require a hard drive. Is incompatibility with the Core model something Microsoft can't allow, or are you flexible on issues like this?

SK: No, we want to support all of the Xbox 360s, otherwise it becomes very confusing. We really want to avoid that as much as possible.

So what would you say if Rockstar Games demanded you have a hard drive if you want to play GTAIV on the Xbox 360?

SK: We get to make the call on who gets published on our platform...[inaudible] we'd push back on any publisher saying things like that.

If everything we're being told is true, it's a good and bad thing. It means developers really do want to use the 360 to it's full potential and make better games for you and I. It also means MS may very well limit what 360 owners get to play because they want to drag their feet on the HDD announcement till the Cores are completely off the shelves. Hopefully, someone will get this fixed soon so we can get back to just playing games.

http://www.n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=56720

There's an exactly opposite story going around about how it's the PS3's fault. I'm sure both are bogus. Rockstar just wants to make the game good and realized they needed more time.. There has been less info given about GTAIV than all the past GTA games, So it seemed alittle weird. The other games had like 5 websites dedicated to different stuff from the games and what not, this one has had next to nothing.

My theory is that the 360 version is essentially done, but for whatever reason, Rockstar is having trouble with the coding for the PS3 and I'm guessing the contract with Take Two requires a simultaneous release, hence Rockstar delaying the game.

:csad::csad:Damnit! I've been waiting for this game forever I can't wait that long!!

Good...rather it work right and come out next year than buggy and have it now...and I already have too much crap to buy this x-mas season anyway, with Halo 3 costing me $130 and Viva Pinata: Party Animals and Assassin's Creed :o

This is what every person says when a game is delayed, but how many games have come out delayed, & actually still lived up to the hype?

This game has mediocre turd written all over it, & Rockstar doesn't want to drop a duece anywhere near any type of competition. This game will fail.

This game has mediocre turd written all over it, & Rockstar doesn't want to drop a duece anywhere near any type of competition. This game will fail.

no way in hell is this game going to fail. All of the previews thus far have been positive if I remember right. Plus It's GTA for gods sake, that fact alone will sell millions of copies.

I can't believe they are having trouble coding for the PS3 when they are planning a title that will exclusively take advantage of the Cell. Isn't that a fundamental paradox? I can't do such and such but I can do such and such.

On second thought, it's not even a paradox. At least paradoxes can be interpreted.

My theory is that the 360 version is essentially done, but for whatever reason, Rockstar is having trouble with the coding for the PS3 and I'm guessing the contract with Take Two requires a simultaneous release, hence Rockstar delaying the game.

I doubt it. I think that Rockstar would have no trouble with the Premium Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, but the Core Xbox 360 is the problem due to the lack of a hard drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"