Guess the upcoming MCU slate (till 2022)!

Spider-Ranger

aka Goran
Reaction score
We know MARVEL has planned their slate of upcoming movie until the year 2022. With 3 movies a year, this makes 9 in total following the events of the "Spider-Man: Homecoming" sequel.

These are the set dates that are subject to change: May 1, 2020; July 31, 2020; November 6, 2020; May 7, 2021; July 30, 2021; November 5, 2021; February 18, 2022; May 6, 2022; and July 29, 2022.

I've sat down and tried to guess what movie might take which date. There were several things to consider (e.g. Tom Holland's 6-movie-deal). In my ideal scenario, Disney will have acquired Fox by mid-2019. Thus, I've choosen to introduce mutants as smoothly as possible, with Fantastic Four having higher priority.

-----------------------------------------
These are the movies that are already set in stone:

July 6, 2018: Ant-Man & the Wasp

March 8, 2019: Captain Marvel

May 3, 2019: Untitled Avengers movie (Avengers 4)

July 5, 2019: Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel
My story prediction: We know Peter Parker will be in Europe in this one. My guess is that he's on the run... from the Spider Slayers, making Alistair Smythe the main villain. He's working with J. Jonah Jameson. Scorpion will be the main threat in the movie's finale - half human, half slayer.

These are my ideas for the upcoming slate:

May 1, 2020: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Final Guardians movie, with Adam Warlock as a (side?)villain (redemption at the end of course). Marvel should also use this movie to introduce the Eternals, if they're really planning to give them their own franchise. However, there's no room for them in my outline.

July 31, 2020: Doctor Strange 2

November 6, 2020: Black Widow

This is the perfect date for an "experimental" movie like this, since it would be no big deal if it flops (it's not summer blockbuster material IMO). We've heard that this might kinda be a period piece, set in the 2000s maybe. Show Natasha's life befor being recruited by SHIELD (by Clint maybe?). Show us what happened "in Hungary" back then. My idea: Make Latveria a autonomous community in Hungary, seeking for independence! This way you could introduce Victor von Doom as a charismatic separatist leader who's seeking help from the U.S. and SHIELD.

May 7, 2021: Black Panther 2
Introduce Ororo Munroe as T'Challa's love interest, but don't show her powers! Maybe not even reveal her name. Her trademark white hair is enough to have fans go crazy. :) Also, establish Sergei Kravinoff as an Africa-wide known hunter through hear-say, don't show him yet!

July 30, 2021: Spider-Man Homecoming threequel
Kraven is the main villain here, and he has his eye set on Spidey! Not because he's some wallcrawling dude in spandex, but because Peter is going through some form of mutation. Let him grow four additional arms (6-arm-saga), making him a perfect object for Kraven's trophy collection. Maybe be even have him mutate into Man-Spider at the end. Also, this is where the word "mutant" is being used for the first time (not implying that Peter is a mutant too!). If they want to, they can seemingly have Spidey be killed here by Kraven, since Tom's contract expires after this movie. Marvel can have some fun with Miles for the next one or two movies, only for Pete to come back of course (to tackle the Sinister Six together maybe?)

November 5, 2021: Thor 4

February 18, 2022: Fantastic Four
Finally introducing Marvel's First Family! My idea is to set this movie in the 60s or 70s, at least at the beginning. Have them launch their space ship in that period, then disappear through some kind of wormhole, only to come back to earth in 2022! (I know, it's not the best idea but whatever...) So for them no time has passed and now they have to get used to modern times, the problem of not fitting in, having weird social habits and stuff. The only one who's loving "the future" is Johnny Storm.

May 6, 2022: Captain Marvel 2

July 29, 2022: Avengers 5

So what do you think?
What are your guesses for the upcoming slate?
Make a list and share your ideas! :)

My first few picks are the same as yours. I think Spiderman 2 will be a team up with Doctor Strange against Mysterio, with Scorpion as a secondary villain.

Guardians 3 will see Thor and Valkyrie join the team for the fight against Adam Warlock.

Doctor Strange will have Mordo as the front and centre villain, with Nightmare as the looming cosmic threat.

I agree that Black Widow suits a November release. A widow film is a bit of a double edged sword. On the one hand, Scarjo and the character of Widow are both popular and would serve as big draws for the film. But on the other hand she is already a very familiar character who will have been with the MCU for a decade by that point. It may be hard to generate excitement for that. I disagree with it being a prequel or period piece though. The MCU has to move forwards, there's not really much prequels can offer it at this point.

I love the idea of introducing Storm to the MCU through Black Panther, before actually going all out with Mutants. But absolutely show her powers. Introduce her as this mysterious weather goddess and in later films have her cross over with the Xmen.

I agree with Kraven as the third spiderman villain. Great opportunity to cross over with Black Panther imo.

Where our thoughts differ is with Thor 4. I think Thor is likely done as a franchise. His future lies as a crossover character; with the Guardians, with Strange, with Captain Marvel. Basically any of the cosmic properties. I think the slot you put Thor 4 in is actually a great opportunity for a brand new property. America Chavez perhaps?

I don't think Fantastic 4 or the Xmen make it into Phase 4. Even if Marvel obtains the rights within the next year, the slots are already taken up with other films and while they could shift things around, they would probably be wise to take things slow and give the general public a break from those properties. Antman 3 probably takes up the Feb 2022 slot.

Captain Marvel 2 quite possibly follows that up. A 2023 release is possible, but the more I think about it that is a long time between sequels for the lady who will presumably be leading the Avengers from now on. A yearly appearance from Captain Marvel starting from her debut seems likely. Feature her in Avengers 4 (2019), Black Widow (2020), Ant-Man 3 (2021) and Captain Marvel 2 (2022). That seems to be their new strategy, where major characters crossover into someone else's movie at least once a year.

I think a Nova film in 2022 is very likely, so that takes up the final slot. I think a mere 3 years is too soon after Avengers 4 for number 5. The Avengers franchise needs a break and it needs to come back scaled down and more personal (as there's little point in trying to match the spectacle of Infinity War.) Expect the MCU to move towards smaller, more fluid crossovers. Truly solo films are likely a thing of the past.

EDIT: Something else to keep in mind is that Fiege has said that the phase grouping of movies may be abandoned after phase 3. Imo this is likely due to the planned longer gap between Avengers movies and the more fluid crossovers. We shouldn't necessarily assume that these films up until 2022 are all going to tell a complete chapter in the marvel universe. Beyond 2022 is where the Xmen and F4 will presumably start to be introduced, along with villains like Doctor Doom, Magneto and Galactus. Spiderman's original six movie contract comes to an end but will likely be renegotiated. I'd expect a Sinister Six movie where Spidey goes up against a team of all his previous villains. There's that rumour of an all-female team up movie which I do think will come to pass. 2024/25 seems like the right time for Avengers 5: Secret War.

Last edited:
I love the idea of introducing Storm to the MCU through Black Panther, before actually going all out with Mutants. But absolutely show her powers. Introduce her as this mysterious weather goddess and in later films have her cross over with the Xmen.

I had a similar idea a while back but also included Bobby Drake as a classmate of Peter Parker in Spidey 2 giving us a mini Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends movie.

We know MARVEL has planned their slate of upcoming movie until the year 2022. With 3 movies a year, this makes 9 in total following the events of the "Spider-Man: Homecoming" sequel.

These are the set dates that are subject to change: May 1, 2020; July 31, 2020; November 6, 2020; May 7, 2021; July 30, 2021; November 5, 2021; February 18, 2022; May 6, 2022; and July 29, 2022.

I've sat down and tried to guess what movie might take which date. There were several things to consider (e.g. Tom Holland's 6-movie-deal). In my ideal scenario, Disney will have acquired Fox by mid-2019. Thus, I've choosen to introduce mutants as smoothly as possible, with Fantastic Four having higher priority.

These are the movies that are already set in stone:

July 6, 2018: Ant-Man & the Wasp

March 8, 2019: Captain Marvel

May 3, 2019: Untitled Avengers movie (Avengers 4)

July 5, 2019: Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel
My story prediction: We know Peter Parker will be in Europe in this one. My guess is that he's on the run... from the Spider Slayers, making Alistair Smythe the main villain. He's working with J. Jonah Jameson. Scorpion will be the main threat in the movie's finale - half human, half slayer.

These are my ideas for the upcoming slate:

May 1, 2020: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Final Guardians movie, with Adam Warlock as a (side?)villain (redemption at the end of course). Marvel should also use this movie to introduce the Eternals, if they're really planning to give them their own franchise. However, there's no room for them in my outline.

July 31, 2020: Doctor Strange 2

November 6, 2020: Black Widow

This is the perfect date for an "experimental" movie like this, since it would be no big deal if it flops (it's not summer blockbuster material IMO). We've heard that this might kinda be a period piece, set in the 2000s maybe. Show Natasha's life befor being recruited by SHIELD (by Clint maybe?). Show us what happened "in Hungary" back then. My idea: Make Latveria a autonomous community in Hungary, seeking for independence! This way you could introduce Victor von Doom as a charismatic separatist leader who's seeking help from the U.S. and SHIELD.

May 7, 2021: Black Panther 2
Introduce Ororo Munroe as T'Challa's love interest, but don't show her powers! Maybe not even reveal her name. Her trademark white hair is enough to have fans go crazy. :) Also, establish Sergei Kravinoff as an Africa-wide known hunter through hear-say, don't show him yet!

July 30, 2021: Spider-Man Homecoming threequel
Kraven is the main villain here, and he has his eye set on Spidey! Not because he's some wallcrawling dude in spandex, but because Peter is going through some form of mutation. Let him grow four additional arms (6-arm-saga), making him a perfect object for Kraven's trophy collection. Maybe be even have him mutate into Man-Spider at the end. Also, this is where the word "mutant" is being used for the first time (not implying that Peter is a mutant too!). If they want to, they can seemingly have Spidey be killed here by Kraven, since Tom's contract expires after this movie. Marvel can have some fun with Miles for the next one or two movies, only for Pete to come back of course (to tackle the Sinister Six together maybe?)

November 5, 2021: Thor 4

February 18, 2022: Fantastic Four
Finally introducing Marvel's First Family! My idea is to set this movie in the 60s or 70s, at least at the beginning. Have them launch their space ship in that period, then disappear through some kind of wormhole, only to come back to earth in 2022! (I know, it's not the best idea but whatever...) So for them no time has passed and now they have to get used to modern times, the problem of not fitting in, having weird social habits and stuff. The only one who's loving "the future" is Johnny Storm.

May 6, 2022: Captain Marvel 2

July 29, 2022: Avengers 5

So what do you think?
What are your guesses for the upcoming slate?
Make a list and share your ideas! :)

My guesses:

May 1, 2020- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
July 31, 2020- Black Widow
November 6, 2020- Doctor Strange 2
May 7, 2021- Black Panther 2
July 30, 2021- Ant Man 3
November 5, 2021- Captain Marvel 2
February 18, 2022- Fantastic Four (MCU reboot)
May 6, 2022- X-Men (MCU reboot)
July 29, 2022- Avengers 5

This game is starting to get really difficult for me, but here's my best bet:

March 8: Captain Marvel (Cosmic)
May 3: (Avengers 4)(Cosmic)

Phase 4 Begins
July 5: (Spider-Man 2) (Grounded)

May 1: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Cosmic)
July 31: (Doctor Strange 2) (Cosmic)
November 6: Black Widow/Widowmaker (the "new" property of 2020, easy money, i like OP's idea of intro-ing Doom.) (Grounded)

May 7: (Black Panther 2) (Gotta be may, gonna be huge) (Grounded)
July 30: (Spider-Man 3) (gotta pump em out while Holland is still young) (Grounded)
November 5: Nova/Nova Corps (Reason being Thanos is still fresh in our minds, showing him sacking Xandar would still be exciting for the GA)
(Cosmic)

I'm actually pretty confident in these 7 for Phase 4. Beyond that it gets sketchy. We gotta lotta crap in the works at the moment and even more after the fox dealio. AND we have no idea if they will bump it up to 4 or more a year.

So take your pick for 2020. Its really too soon to say:
Captain Marvel 2
Eternals
Ant-Man threequel
Thor 4 (Skurge and Amora, Valkyrie, etc)
Ironman 4/IronHeart (the real Mandarin)
Cap 4 (Bucky Cap/Falcon Cap team up flick, zemo sequel)
Thunderbolts? (zemo, general ross sequel)
Liberators (Valkyrie sequel)
Guardians 3000 (see GotGv2 post-credits)
Fantastic 4
Silver Surfer
X-Men (though I'm doubting we'll see this for a while)

But here's what I think i'd like to see:
February 18, 2022: Captain Marvel 2
May 6, 2022: Thunderbolts (end of phase 4)
July 29, 2022: Thor 4 (first film of phase 5)

Last edited:
Thor 4 I don't think we get a Thor 4 especially considering his arc his trilogy is pretty much over same goes for Captain America I don't think we get a Cap 4 in future phases

Iron Man 4 I don't think we will get it considering his trilogy is pretty much done

I think most agree that the three 2020 films are Guardians 3, Widow and a Doctor Strange sequel.

May 1 2020: Guardians Vol 3

July 31: Black Widow (I think she gets the summer nod and with a lower budget than most movies it'll work out well)

Nov 2020: Doctor Strange 2: Nightmare

2021 gets a little tricky but

The Eternals (Rumored and I think they'll be set up after Guardians 3)

Spider-Man 3 (I think Sony wants one every 2 years)

Black Panther 2

(Not real sure about the order for these 3 but I know Spidey would get the July date)

Captain Marvel 2 (Sequels are usually 3-4 years after the first)

Nova (After Infinity War a Nova movie makes a lot of sense)

Ant-Man and the Wasp 3

Honestly think all of these are likely, but the order is probably a little off

Is Nova/Nova Corp. too similar to Captain Marvel and Guardians though?

Marvel aren’t going to abandon Cap Thor or Ironman. They are still extremely profitable. I think even Thor: Ragnarok was more profitable than Homecoming considering their budgets. So unless the actors don’t want to renew their contracts I’m sure Marvel will find a way to proceed with them. And Avengers 4 won’t be the last time we see Hulk either. He is the most popular comic book character Marvel have after Spider-Man. The bottom line is can they still make money? And clearly they still can, which is all what studios care about

This game is starting to get really difficult for me, but here's my best bet:

March 8: Captain Marvel (Cosmic)
May 3: (Avengers 4)(Cosmic)

Phase 4 Begins
July 5: (Spider-Man 2) (Grounded)

May 1: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Cosmic)
July 31: (Doctor Strange 2) (Cosmic)
November 6: Black Widow/Widowmaker (the "new" property of 2020, easy money, i like OP's idea of intro-ing Doom.) (Grounded)

May 7: (Black Panther 2) (Gotta be may, gonna be huge) (Grounded)
July 30: (Spider-Man 3) (gotta pump em out while Holland is still young) (Grounded)
November 5: Nova/Nova Corps (Reason being Thanos is still fresh in our minds, showing him sacking Xandar would still be exciting for the GA)
(Cosmic)

I'm actually pretty confident in these 7 for Phase 4. Beyond that it gets sketchy. We gotta lotta crap in the works at the moment and even more after the fox dealio. AND we have no idea if they will bump it up to 4 or more a year.

So take your pick for 2020. Its really too soon to say:
Captain Marvel 2
Eternals
Ant-Man threequel
Thor 4 (Skurge and Amora, Valkyrie, etc)
Ironman 4/IronHeart (the real Mandarin)
Cap 4 (Bucky Cap/Falcon Cap team up flick, zemo sequel)
Thunderbolts? (zemo, general ross sequel)
Liberators (Valkyrie sequel)
Guardians 3000 (see GotGv2 post-credits)
Fantastic 4
Silver Surfer

X-Men (though I'm doubting we'll see this for a while)

Oh yeah! :ss: :ff:

Marvel aren’t going to abandon Cap Thor or Ironman. They are still extremely profitable. I think even Thor: Ragnarok was more profitable than Homecoming considering their budgets. So unless the actors don’t want to renew their contracts I’m sure Marvel will find a way to proceed with them. And Avengers 4 won’t be the last time we see Hulk either. He is the most popular comic book character Marvel have after Spider-Man. The bottom line is can they still make money? And clearly they still can, which is all what studios care about

Finishing their franchises doesn't necessarily mean ending their involvement in the MCU. Iron Man has not had a solo film since 2013 yet after Avengers four he will have appeared in as many movies between Ultron/Avengers 4 as he did between Iron Man 1 and 3. Thor is admittedly the most likely OG Avenger to get a continued solo franchise, but equally, he could become a member of the GotG or another team.

The talk of Eternals intrigues me. Not really familiar with them as a property, but it seems like they could be the key to introducing the Xmen to the MCU. As such this is my new predicted slate for "Phase 4:" (long ass read)

July 2019: Spiderman: Year Abroad Spiderman teams up with Doctor Strange against Mysterio. I have a strange notion that Mysterio could be genderswapped, to give a little diversity to Spiderman's rogue gallery. Mysterio is seemingly killed at the end of the film but a possibility is left open for her return.

May 2020: Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 3 The third and final film for the original Guardians, this film sees the Guardians team up with Thor and Valkyrie to fight Rocket Racoon's creator. I think we're going to really push the envelope on this one with obscure, bizarre villains like the Black Bunny Brigade and the sentient mole, Judson Jakes. Adam Warlock features heavily as a secondary antagonist turned eventual ally (who will likely spin-off into his own franchise in Phase 5).

July 2020: Doctor Strange 2 Doctor Strange teams up with Scarlet Witch to fight both Nightmare and Baron Mordo on separate fronts.

November 2020: Black Widow An key, worldbuilding film, this one establishes the state of SHIELD and the Avengers post-Thanos. The vibe will be Widow and Hawkeye working behind the scenes to do the dirty jobs while brighter heroes like Captain Marvel serve as the face of the Avengers. Obviously Widow is indisputably a hero, but let's give her some edge here. The film will take place in Latveria and feature Doom in the background.

May 2021: Black Panther 2: treading into the mystical side of Black Panther lore, this sequel will delve into the Wakandan pantheon and see BP face off against Namor with the help of the weather goddess Storm. Perhaps the MCU versions of these characters could be Eternals who stayed on Earth? Imagine the hype and money that a Black Panther sequel, which also introduces mutants to the MCU will bring.

July 2021: Spiderman: Senior Year Spiderman teams up with Black Panther and Shuri to stop Kraven the Hunter, who has started hunting down other superheroes. A pipe dream, but imo this is a perfect opportunity to have the Defenders cross-over into the movies as well. Early on have Kraven capture multiple street level heroes including Spidey, Daredevil and Luke Cage and they have to orchestrate an escape. For movie-goers unfamiliar with the Netflix series, you'd only have to know that the Defenders are one of Kraven's victims, but for more dedicated Marvel fans it would give Kraven a lot of gravitas, taking on known heroes. Eventually, Spiderman's fight takes him to Kraven's HQ in the deepest jungles of Wakanda.

November 2021: The Eternals: A key film for the MCU, this would essentially be what the Inhumans movie was perhaps going to be and would set up the widespread presence of mutants in the MCU. Focuses on the Eternals (headlined by Sersi) off-earth, initially fighting the Deviants, but eventually both sides realise that their true tormentors are their mutual creators: The Celestials. Not sure how the comics played this, but from reading about the deviants it seems like a more modern take on the tale would be for them to be sympathetic and victims of their creation. At the end of the movie, The Eternals return to Earth and this triggers the widespread activation of the X-gene.

February 2022: Ant-Man and Spiderman: I feel like the MCU is moving into a world of smaller, more frequent cross-overs, so I would not be surprised to see one-off team up films like this. They'll undoubtedly want an Ant-Man threequel, but while successful by any other metric, Ant-man is the MCU's worst-performing franchise. A fun team-up film pitting Ant-man and Spiderman against Scorpion would prop the little guy up a bit.

May 2022: Children of Merlin: After Captain America and Captain Marvel, a third Captain franchise might be a hard pill for audiences to swallow. And additionally, as a Brit I feel like having a hero serving as a flag bearing physical embodiment of our nation doesn't fit with our stiff-upper-lip style of patriotism. So instead I would suggest retooling Captain Britain as Children of Merlin, with Brian Braddock aka Merlinson and Psylocke as co-leads. This would delve into previously unseen medieval lore, and also kick-off the presence of true, modern mutants in the MCU; Like the majority of MCUtants, Psylocke would have just recently had her powers activated by the Eternals. Between Storm and Namor in Black Panther, the Eternals movie, and this film, the Xmen would be well set up when they finally debut in "phase 5".

July 2022: Captain Marvel 2: If the first Captain Marvel can capture the cultural zeitgeist in the same way Black Panther did, her sequel will undoubtedly be fast-tracked and earn the summer spot. It seems like her first film will use the Skrulls as the main villain, so her sequel will likely feature Moonstone as the primary antagonist.

Last edited:
Since we are getting two Avengers within a year of each other, I think Marvel will take with a longer break between Avengers 4 and 5. I'm thinking the fifth film in that franchise wont come until 2023. That being said:

July 2019: Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel (Already announced)

May 2020: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. A 2020 release has been confirmed and out the three dates we know about, this is the natural fit.

August 2020: Black Widow. This seems inevitable at this point and I think this date fits what will probably be a relatively smaller film.

November 2020: Dr. Strange 2. The fist film obviously came out during a November and a Fall release fits the character I think.

May 2021: Ant-Man 3? I'm not sure which one this could be, and I don't think it'll be Black Panther 2. The Eternals could be it.

July 2021: Spider-Man: Homecoming threequel. This is another one that is a given, especially considering that I think Sony will want it right away.

November 2021: A new property, probably the Eternals if that isn't the May release.

February 2022: Black Panther 2. As soon as this date was announced, I've had a strong feeling it was for this film for obvious reasons. Its obviously longer than the standard three-year gap, but Coogler seems to be planning on doing another film first and Marvel seems happy to wait.

May 2022: Captain Marvel 2. We all know that the first one will be huge and this fits the standard three-year gap between films.

July 2022: Fantastic Four reboot. Once the Fox deal closes early next year, I think Marvel will immediately get to work incorporating the Fox properties in the MCU. I think the FF will be the first to debut as they are way overdue on being done justice on film, and I could see them wanting to give the X-Men a small break.

Why are so many people convinced that Spider-Man will get two movies in Phase 4? The last time a hero got two solo movies in the same phase was back in Phase 1 and we all know why.

EDIT:
especially considering that I think Sony will want it right away.
Oh wait, this is why. Makes sense I guess, but I don't see it as a good thing.

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Part 3 (featuring Adam Warlock?)
July 31, 2020 - BLACK WIDOW (prequel that, for Fury, follows after Captain Marvel?)
November 6, 2020 - DOCTOR STRANGE 2 (I would love to see it feature Scarlet Witch and Spider-Man)

May 7, 2021 - BLACK PANTHER 2 (featuring "White Wolf" and Falcon?)
July 30, 2021 - ANT-MAN 3
November 5, 2021 - CAPTAIN MARVEL 2

February 18, 2022 - FANTASTIC FOUR
May 6, 2022 - AVENGERS 5 (Bucky-Cap, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Wasp, Doctor Strange, Mantis + others)
July 29, 2022 - SPIDER-MAN 3

Last edited:
Rather than guess which will be the exact order I think considering likely possibilities is interesting as well.:)

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=36476935&highlight=#post36476935
I posted some ideas in other threads for new movies but here's quick run-down as I see it of movies most likely going to happen based on currently ongoing franchises...

Sequels to Still Fresh Franchises:
Gaurdians 3, Antman/Wasp 3, Dr. Strange 2, Spiderman 2 and 3, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2

Tally Above: 7 Movies

Expired Franchises

Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Avengers (Avengers movie title being tweaked subtly most likely but this franchise continuing is a certainty)

Tally Above: 5 Possibilities

Question: Will there be any direct follow-up? (For example Iron Man 4 starring Robert Downey Jr.) If not, how can each franchise most likely be spun-off into another property or simply re-titled in some fashion?

Reported New Franchises:
Black Widow

Tally Above: 1
*While establishing new franchise, it should be noted this is moreso simply taking a supporting character seen in previous movies and expanding.

Overall, taking into account the 3 categories above (as well as questions posed above as well) too many movies to really develop anything new especially when consider X-Men and FF movies will most likely be added into mix early to mid-2020's.

The question moreso will become what other properties may be used as a vehicle to steer away from an expired franchise while going into something semi-similar but new. This will be Marvel's go-to system I'm guessing.

Update on New Tally (now at 4):
*Main Update since end of March seems be Eternals can be added to potential new franchise listing bringing the tally up to 2.

*Adding to this, Kevin Feigi's most recent remarks pertaining to FF and X-Men at Infinity War premiere has brought that into focus somewhat in terms of characters most likely not appearing before 2021 at the earliest even if he's trying to quell expectations somewhat. Due to fact different studio would be creating these movies, this would then bring the tally of potential new franchises up to 4.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"