DC Film Release Schedule

saw someone on Twitter discussing DC film slate. All the way up to Aquaman 2. Looked like a strong slate but was certainly missing a dash of blue!!!

saw someone on Twitter discussing DC film slate. All the way up to Aquaman 2. Looked like a strong slate but was certainly missing a dash of blue!!!

The lack of Superman is definitely frustrating. WB have done this before putting Supes into limbo, surely they can’t be doing the same again. If so I think it shows they’re utter failure at understanding the Man of Steel. I’ve got everything crossed that we’ll hear movement this year and we’ll get the film in 2023.

I don't care if it lacks Superman. I've seen like 6 Superman movies and a half. Just give me the Flash movie, thats the only Dc movie I want to see happen. Well I'll watch the other dc movies that are going to be in theaters, but I'm not exactly that interested.

I wonder, regarding Superman, whether they could write him out for a time? Simply put his absence (in-universe) as him wanting to take some time out of being a hero, seeing as how he'd died and what not.

The next Superman film could be him finding a new cause for the cape? Just a thought..

I wonder, regarding Superman, whether they could write him out for a time? Simply put his absence (in-universe) as him wanting to take some time out of being a hero, seeing as how he'd died and what not.

The next Superman film could be him finding a new cause for the cape? Just a thought..

That fits the current film characterisation of Superman...which is a problem.

It just doesn't seem like something Superman would do to me.

That fits the current film characterisation of Superman...which is a problem.

It just doesn't seem like something Superman would do to me.
Maybe he’s suffering from PTSD/PTDS or something?

GL Corps really needs to happen. It could be the start of something big for the whole DC universe.

The thing with "Green Lantern Corps" is that, judging from Berlanti's statements, it seems like both the movie Geoff Johns is scripting and his TV series are aiming at doing pretty much the same things, aren't they?
Even though, personally, I hope we'll get a theatrical film over the TV series.

Well... Looks like an update yesterday on JJ Abrams and/or his production company being the next in line to take a crack at Justice League Dark...

The CBM article mentions the Zatanna rumor that floated around Fall 2018 as well that hasn't had any news since except a rumor of her instead maybe being slipped into the Suicide Squad re-boot that was quickly quashed. This rumor slipped by me so I didn't add it to the "Nixed/Devlopment Hell" area of previous post as well a few like others that @Greenlite mentioned that could be in development as well.

Well... Looks like an update yesterday on JJ Abrams and/or his production company being the next in line to take a crack at Justice League Dark...

The CBM article mentions the Zatanna rumor that floated around Fall 2018 as well that hasn't had any news since except a rumor of her instead maybe being slipped into the Suicide Squad re-boot that was quickly quashed. This rumor slipped by me so I didn't add it to the "Nixed/Devlopment Hell" area of previous post as well a few like others that @Greenlite mentioned that could be in development as well.

Danielrpk said he is hearing Solo films for Constaine and Zantana so seems like they might do what McU did with Avengers for JLD, which sounds great actually. I hope Ana de armas plays Zantana after she missed out on Catwoman.

I think we will hear announcements for GCS, Joker 2 and Amazons in the first half of the year, hopefully Superman will be next because there are no other films going to development until Reeves releases his Batman I.e batgirl, Nightwing. Supergirl has been quiet and should be folded into Superman first, and Cyborg has a chance to be in Flash...New Gods is taking forever so...

I'd squeeze Joker 2 in Sept 2022, GCS Feb 2023, Amazons Summer, Constantine Sept and Batgirl December 2023 (quicker to make), Superman and Bat 2 can come out 2024

GLC will probably exist on hbo until the producer is ready and maybe they will wait for McQ to finish MI7-8 by 2022 so 2025 looks like the year for its film, and if hbo show doesn't work then JJ will probably take over, at least that's what Variety's PR piece is implying, and they probably got the source from Hamada's office

I really hope they don't pursue a Joker sequel.
Was perfect as a one shot.

My wishlist
2021: The Batman | The Suicide Squad
2022: The Flash | The Aquaman
2023: Wonder Woman 2025 | The Birds of Prey
2024: The Batman 2
2025: The Flash 2 | Aquaman Rises

I'm not interested in Joker 2, Black Adam, the Trench, another Harley Quinn movie. While the characters appearing in Gotham City Sirens, I prefer if they just appear in a Batman movie. I don't think we'll see a film for Superman and Green Lantern anytime soon, so I left them out.

Here's my wishlist:

-The Batman
-The Suicide Squad (ending with a resurrected Black Adam.)
-Black Adam (Featuring his origin, banishment, and return to Earth in the 40's, where he faces the JSA. Wonder Woman makes a cameo)

-The Flash (ending with an altered universe, including the new Batman, the new Superman (Hammer/Driver being my top picks), WW/JSA in the history books, etc).
-Aquaman 2 (featuring Kaldur, Arthur's son, the return of Black Manta, and the death of Arthur's dad.)
-Shazam 2 (With Supes as a supporting character, and Supes vs Black Adam)

-Books of Magic (AKA JLDark, with Zatanna, Constantine, Etrigan, Swamp Thing, Deadman, and more)
-Superman (all recast. Featuring Steel, Supergirl, and Brainiac)
-Wonder Woman 3 (Featuring Circe and Donna Troy)

-Batman 2 (introducing Dick Grayson, a new Joker, and the Court of Owls)
-Birds of Prey & the Suicide Squad (introduce Green Arrow, and bring back Deadshot)
-The Justice League (bringing in characters from the Green Lantern Corps HBO series (including Hawkgirl), Shazam, Martian Manhunter, the Watchtower, and villains from previous solo movies as the Legion of Doom).

Last edited:
The lack of Superman is definitely frustrating. WB have done this before putting Supes into limbo, surely they can’t be doing the same again. If so I think it shows they’re utter failure at understanding the Man of Steel. I’ve got everything crossed that we’ll hear movement this year and we’ll get the film in 2023.

Frankly, I don't think they've gotten him right thus far. So, yeah, I think that's the problem and that's a pretty big problem to have....

2023 slate how I would do it:

June- Man of Steel 2
October- Gotham City Sirens
December- New Gods

2024 slate for me would look like this:

April- Batgirl
August- Wonder Woman 3
November- The Batman 2

Yknow there’s never been a movie just called “Superman”. We had “Superman the Movie”. “Superman” should be the title of the reboot.

I've updated the slate in the OG post.

I just hope they give us a slate for 2023 especially since 2023 is the 10 year anniversary of the DCEU

A lot has happened over the past year.

The "Waiting on announcement" part from list above I think only "New Gods" is still relevant (of course JSA featured in Black Adam know now but doubt a film come anytime soon). Things have shifted so much into the streaming direction which was inevitable even if Covid never happened so it is too much of a mess trying to tack on new announcements to the list I made above I'm just going to see if I can track them separately below.

Let me know if I've tracked this right as I had to do some Google search just now and perhaps it's not totally complete. Pertaining to announcements in 2020, I have color coded grey for no longer seeming likely to happen soon to red as being still on track.

Movies:
*Zatanna: Not Happening Just a rumor James Gunn clarified.

*Justice League Snyder Cut: No more need be said.

*Superman Sequel: The Snyder Cut very well could create some interest in terms of re-invigorating this franchise but the very recent rumors pertaining to Mr. Cavill negotiating a return seems very unlikely especially as he's not even had time to re-shoot scenes on Justice League and is just expressing happiness the vision of Zach's is being realized for now.

*Vixen: Vague rumor I read on Hype boards deriving from 2020 rumor on this being adapted into a movie but it seems unlikely for now.

*Constantine: A very recent rumor about this film being made as perhaps a sequel to 2005 film. I will wait to hear more before considering it likely. If Justice League Dark series by Abrams doesn't get made then a non-DC centric Vertigo imprint movie could be made though.

Static Shock: Separate from main DC comics universe? I know nothing of the character but just read that the 1993 comic "Static" was under DC comics independendently owned imprint Milestone Comics but the 2000-2004 cartoon series popularized the character. It was announced at Fandome as being produced under Michael B. Jordan's production company "Outlier Society" that's committed to bringing diverse content to a younger audience. DC Comics in conjunction with this is relaunching their Milestone Comics imprint.

Streaming Service Series:

*DC Superhero High: A half hour comedy series presumably spearheaded by Elizabeth Banks and a number of other executive producers. This is DC's 2nd attempt at a comedy after "Powerless" lasted 1 season; that though was syndicated and this high school drama is not. This is presumably aimed at a younger audience as includes an alternate take on DC's younger heroes putting them all in high school together.

*Strange Adventures Series: October 2019 this was announced as something Greg Berlanti was involved with besides the Green Lantern series but nothing seems to have been mentioned since so for now it's probably nixed until hear otherwise.

*WonderWoman Derived Series: The Amazon series hasn't been worked on as film keeps getting delayed due to Covid. It will probably be developed at some point but for now could very well be on the backburner.

*Green Lantern Derived Series: October 2019 it seems the original announcement was made about Greg Berlanti working on a series connected to "Green Lantern" for HBOMax. This made it seem the movie while still a priority will come out secondarily to this series. October 2020 a series order was placed for this Green Lantern series under Berlanti's production company in association with WB. Where this leaves the Green Lantern movie is further out presumably as will focus on the history/adventures of many lanterns.

*The Batman Derived Series: I originally read about Catwoman with Zoe Kravitz being rumored but later changed to a Police Procedural Show set in Year 1 (The Batman set to be in Year 2 of this character's adventures) with Matt Reeves and Terrence Winter involved in developing it.

*Suicide Squad 2 Derived Series: Peacemaker is going into production.

*Aquaman: King of Atlantis: An animated 3 part adventure I am only mentioning with live-action since James Wan is involved and might or might not tie into the movies perhaps.

*Aquaman Derived Series: A film on the Trench now seems unlikely as Aquaman 2 becomes moreso the focus. A series is still a possibility though but further off so will wait to hear more on.

*Justice League Dark Series: What JJ Abram's production company is behind as a series for HBOMax.

DMZ: Gina Rodriguez filmed the pilot for this Vertigo imprint property.

Sandman: Netflix show from this Vertigo imprint property.

*Certain properties in nixed/development hell category in my post above were rumored sometime late 2019 or early 2020 from what I recall reading being turned into shows: but the shift more recently seems to be making shows connected to current film franchises making shows based on characters like Booster Gold who didn't get a movie perhaps delayed further out.

Other DC Shows:
*CW or Network Shows pretty much I haven't kept track of.

*DCUniverse Titles switching to HBOMax: Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp thing, Stargirl, Harley Quinn Cartoon, Young Justice Cartoon (CN show transferred to DC Universe)

Animated Content:
*I haven't kept track of.

Please share if anything missed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"