Guitar Hero III vs. Rock Band

I know!
I played drums for freaking 11 years, and I'm really looking forward to buy the drum peripheral, it just looks like a lot of fun.

I really REALLY hate the "I play REAL guitar, so I can't be bothered to play guitar games....also, you're losers!!!!1" crowd :down :rolleyes:

I've been playing guitar for about 7 years and I adore guitar hero.
It's just amazingly fun.
I'm not that great at it, though.. the first time I held the controller it was like learning to walk again for some reason.
I'm on hard now, I can pull some songs from 1 off on expert though.
Not 2 though, that s**t is way too hard.

I really REALLY hate the "I play REAL guitar, so I can't be bothered to play guitar games....also, you're losers!!!!1" crowd :down :rolleyes:

I love you. So, so much. :heart:

never saw rock band...but played gh3 today at wally and thought it was fun considering I had never really played any of the previous ones.

Never seen Rock Band? Well then here you go.

I definitely want both, but may wait on Rock Band. After seeing someone playing the drums at Best Buy yesterday I was convinced I need to get the bundle, it'd be cool to try the songs with the different instruments, adds a little more replayability, but it'd be a while before I'm ready to pay $200 for the bundle and I've already got the guitar from Guitar Hero 2, so I'll probably pick up 3 first or ask for it for Christmas (Rock Band would be my only gift if I asked for that).

If I can get Rock Band this year, I will probably trade in a couple of games towards it. Gamestop has some kind of deal where you can get an extra 30% trade-in value or something like that when you trade in stuff towards RB. The real hard part of getting RB though will be convincing my family that I'm not an irresponsible jerk for buying a $170 game.

I definately want to at least play GH3 at some point, but I am probably going to buy the RB bundle, so I'll be playing GH3 using the RB guitar if and when I do.

I sold GH, GH2 and my PS controller to my cousin for $55. That went toward me getting GH3 today. Gotta have the wireless guitar, and thinking that I got it for about $50 made it worth it.

Now THAT is the good stuff. Wowsers.

It's definitely on the list (and the list is short, believe me-- Mass Effect, Halo 3, and now Rock Band)

I'm currently trying to convince my mom to help me buy this game as my Christmas present this year. It's gonna be a tough sell, but I really want it!

Hmmmm, I only want to play guitar on it, so is rock band gona be worth getting or should I opt for guitar hero?

Well, the Guitar Hero 3 bundle is cheaper than Rock Band un-bundled with a seperate guitar, but from what I've heard, both games are very good, so it all comes down to which you'd rather have. On paper though, the full Rock Band set is a much better value than Guitar Hero considering what it includes.

Argh... My stupid brother is trying as hard as he can to sabotage all of my attempts at getting Rock Band. I think I might have to duct tape the little monster's mouth shut and hide him under the floor boards for a few weeks.

Just played a song on Rock Band with a friend, (demo at work), Amazing.

It's official, I'm getting Rock Band for Christmas, w00t. :D

Just played the Rock Band demo at Best Buy. I will say this: the guitar controls are better on GHIII. The timing is off in "Rock Band".

Maybe you just weren't used to seeing bars instead of circles? :huh:

No, I strummed as soon as the notes passed through the bars and the notes screwed up. I had to strum the notes a little bit before the colors passed through the bars. It's hard to explain, but it was a little off.

I pre-ordered RB today and payed for it in advance. I traded in three games so I ended up paying $140. Since this is a christmas present for myself though, my parents are chipping in $60 towards it, so I'm really paying $80. Only catch is I can't play it until Christmas. :(

i really just want guitar hero 3. i dont get how the rb guitar works

So, I got GH3 for my birthday today, but it was a wired controller. Apparently, it came from Wal Mart and if you didn't know what to look for on the box, you would have no idea it wasn't wireless. Personally, I didn't even know they were selling wired bundles of the game. It was $90 instead of $100, but still. BS. Luckily, the people who got it for me have the receipt so I can take it back. Damn you, Wal-Mart! Sneaky bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"