Comics Gwen Stacy (2020)

I’m not even sure how I feel about this. I mean is it even necessary at this point? It is interesting that Marvel has decided to do this series with the Kindred mystery going on. Could they be adding some stuff to her past to make the Kindred reveal more plausible? Damn I hope not.

This just doesn’t make any sense to me. What could be so interesting about her past to warrant her own mini series?

Last edited:
I’m not even sure how I feel about this. I mean is it even necessary at this point? It is interesting that Marvel has decided to do this series with the Kindred mystery going on. Could they be adding some stuff to her past to make the Kindred reveal more plausible? Damn I hope not.

This just doesn’t make any sense to me. What could be so interesting about her past to warrant her own mini series?
I would normally agree...but when your daughter is named Gwen, and she's named after the character who is getting her own book....you just kinda roll with it.

It is excessive. Here's the story about a character that has been dead for 32 years...what mysteries does her past contain?! Unless it's a cure for a snapped neck, nothing too relevant! I'll just enjoy the ride...so long as Abrams isn't writing it and Ramos isn't drawing it.

Yeah, this solidified my theory about Kindred being Gwen.
I did say that months ago in the Amazing thread.

I would normally agree...but when your daughter is named Gwen, and she's named after the character who is getting her own book....you just kinda roll with it.

It is excessive. Here's the story about a character that has been dead for 32 years...what mysteries does her past contain?! Unless it's a cure for a snapped neck, nothing too relevant! I'll just enjoy the ride...so long as Abrams isn't writing it and Ramos isn't drawing it.

I’m team MJ til the end. I’m not touching this book with a 10 foot pole. Not a chance that Marvel gets my money on this series.....…......…….......................……...…….......................……...........................................……....................……..........................…….......................…….......................…….......................…….......................……….......................….......................Even with my b*itching I’ll probably buy it.:(

I’m team MJ til the end. I’m not touching this book with a 10 foot pole. Not a chance that Marvel gets my money on this series.....…......…….......................……...…….......................……...........................................……....................……..........................…….......................…….......................…….......................…….......................……….......................….......................Even with my b*itching I’ll probably buy it.:(

Oh, I'm team MJ, too. I just have a daughter named Gwen, and that means Gwen stuff will always be purchased! My only collectible I am presently seeking is the Skottie Young Spidey/MJ statue. It was originally like, 100 bucks, but now it's dropped to half price. So, it must be purchased.

Did anyone besides me read it?
I read it!!!

Loved it. Very much "The Untold Tales of Gwen Stacy". Love how it intertwines with Spidey's origin without him ever really being present. The art worked too. The variants were all good except for the one that had all the Spider-Verse characters on it...and NOT Gwen. Really?

Been wondering that myself lately. So few books are coming out, and this one is just....sitting there. And it was good!

The title makes it sound as if a Gwen Stacy film is coming in 2020.

I heard from the guy at my LCS that Marvel has no plans to finish this series... Sad face....

That’s too bad but not surprising. I was on the fence about the book. I wanted to like it but I don’t like the artist and was meh on the story. I hoped it would get better but I’ll never know.

Oh WtF?
I mean, the book wasn't exactly holding my interest, but it is better than some others out there.

Oh WtF?
I mean, the book wasn't exactly holding my interest, but it is better than some others out there.
Right? I'm sure they needed space on the racks for another Empyre tie-in. :(

It was boring, made no sense, and they chickened out over the:
1: A hero dies, with it being said that one of the 4 would not be walking away.
2: Earth will never be the same

Well, none of that happened.
It was another nothing event.

It was boring, made no sense, and they chickened out over the:
1: A hero dies, with it being said that one of the 4 would not be walking away.
2: Earth will never be the same

Well, none of that happened.
It was another nothing event.

The last good Marvel event, or the last one I enjoyed, anyways, was Avengers Vs. X-Men. At least it had a good hook, great art, and a really world-changing ending. Everything since has been garbage. And Secret Invasion....? Hot garbage. I know that was before AvX, but...it still needs to be said how bad it was.

The last good Marvel event, or the last one I enjoyed, anyways, was Avengers Vs. X-Men. At least it had a good hook, great art, and a really world-changing ending. Everything since has been garbage. And Secret Invasion....? Hot garbage. I know that was before AvX, but...it still needs to be said how bad it was.
AvX could have been good, but the Avengers were totally in the wrong.
and they won.
I feel like every event since Maximum Security has been a let down.
Some had damn good ideas or plots, but all fell apart in the execution.

It wouldn't be so bad if they kept the characterization of the majority of the characters in character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"