Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta in Spring! New Halo 2 Multiplayer Maps! and more to come!!!!

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161732.html?tag=latestnews;title;1

Halo 3 MP public beta due spring 2007
Public beta test of anticipated shooter's online multiplayer to launch next year; new Halo 2 maps, new TV spot also en route.
By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot
Posted Nov 15, 2006 10:00 am GMT

As part of its most recent weekly update, Bungie Software announced that "will be some pretty BIG surprises and maybe announcements," on November 16, the fifth anniversary of the release of Halo. The news caused followers of the flagship Xbox, PC, and soon Xbox 360 franchise to go wild, prompting predictions of everything from a ship-date announcement to a demo going up on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Guess what? As it turns out, everyone was wrong. Early this morning, Bungie's parent company Microsoft announced that next spring, it will stage an open beta test for the multiplayer aspects of Halo 3. "The Xbox Live multiplayer public beta, which is a pre-release version of the multiplayer experience of Halo 3, is scheduled for availability in spring 2007 exclusively on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system," Microsoft said in a statement.

Microsoft gave no further details about the Halo 3 beta, but did divulge some information about the PR campaign for the eagerly awaited game, due sometime in 2007. On December 4, a single advertisement for the game will be shown during an airing of Monday Night Football on ESPN. "The ad ... will provide viewers with a unique and compelling look at Master Chief and the world of Halo 3," Microsoft said in a statement, giving no further details.

Microsoft announced today that Halo 2, the massive Xbox hit which has seen four billion Xbox Live games played to date, will also be getting a series of "all-new multiplayer maps" next spring. However, unlike previous Halo 2 downloads, the new maps will only be available to Xbox 360 owners. Previously, a set of maps were offered for both download on Xbox Live to regular Xbox owners and also via a $19.99 boxed retail game disc

Halo 2 maps that are only playable on the 360... hmmm... I don't quite get it. With Halo 2 being emulated, they can't really take advantage of anything the 360 can offer, power-wise.

I kinda hoped the new Halo 2 content would be a "Halo 2.5" SP portion to help hold us over until Halo 3 rather than a ****ty map pack.

That would have been nice. Bungie just finishes up the last three (or was it four?) levels that weren't in Halo 2 and releases them.

2007 is the year of Halo! WooT!!!!

If only the movie didnt go through developmnent hell we might have had it in time for '07, o welll 08!!!!!

Can't wait to hear the suggestions Bungie gets from players trying the demo.

"We needz teh dual-weelding swords lollerskatez!!!1"
"tEH rokeTT shuld lok onto peeple lmao!1!"
"Make maylay attaks a 1 hit kill OMFG111!!!"

I can't believe the amount of people who want to dual wield swords, it's just such a stupid idea. It's already a one hit kill, what more can another sword do for you, besides look ******ed?

"Give us teh jackal sheeld FTW!!11+2=4"

Tetragrammaton said:
I can't believe the amount of people who want to dual wield swords, it's just such a stupid idea. It's already a one hit kill, what more can another sword do for you, besides look ******ed?
Wahaha, that's so true. I guess some people want MC to be a Samurai.

WhatsHisFace said:
Wahaha, that's so true. I guess some people want MC to be a Samurai.

That's what the X button is for! I have it all figured out! Bungie responded to all the samurai MC-wanting fans by having a "honourable suicide" button. :ninja:

Extromaniac said:
That's what the X button is for! I have it all figured out! Bungie responded to all the samurai MC-wanting fans by having a "honourable suicide" button. :ninja:
Is an enemy killing you? Would you rather put an end to yourself than allow the enemy to gloat over your dead body? WELL NOW YOU CAN. Bungie has incorporated a self-destruct feature into multiplayer. By pressing the X button, players can vaporize their Spartans without giving the opposing team a kill point.

"We can't even begin to count the thousands of emails we've had from players complaining about being teabagged online," commented Frankie the Bald. "This self-destruct feature not only allows players to save themselves the humiliation, but it can also be used against enemies in close proximity. It's a win-win."

Boom said:
Can't wait to hear the suggestions Bungie gets from players trying the demo.

"We needz teh dual-weelding swords lollerskatez!!!1"
"tEH rokeTT shuld lok onto peeple lmao!1!"
"Make maylay attaks a 1 hit kill OMFG111!!!"

ROFL!!!! :up: :D

Boom said:
Is an enemy killing you? Would you rather put an end to yourself than allow the enemy to gloat over your dead body? WELL NOW YOU CAN. Bungie has incorporated a self-destruct feature into multiplayer. By pressing the X button, players can vaporize their Spartans without giving the opposing team a kill point.

"We can't even begin to count the thousands of emails we've had from players complaining about being teabagged online," commented Frankie the Bald. "This self-destruct feature not only allows players to save themselves the humiliation, but it can also be used against enemies in close proximity. It's a win-win."

Utter genius! :wow:

I'll own your asses in a demo :csad:.

7.gif

5.gif

13.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member