Hamilton

If I may ask: how much use of the f-word was in the original show? The Disney+ filmed show has been confirmed for a PG-13 rating, so I dunno how many songs may or may not have had lines either censored or altered.

Two or three times? I don't know if anybody ever says the actual word, it's mostly implied or bleeped out in some way, though you can definitely tell that's the word they want you to 'hear'.

I haven't seen Hamilton but I did some research. Apparently the original off-Broadway show had a lot more swearing in it than when it moved up to Broadway. I can't imagine there being much more swearing than in Avatar, which is uncensored on Disney+.

Either way, I'm excited to see it because I've been wanting to for a while, especially with the original cast.

Lin has responded to the question on the F-bombs on his twitter (https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel) ....here's what he said (edited for language)

"LANGUAGE!
1. On July 3, you're getting the whole show, every note & scene, & a 1-minute countdown clock during intermission (bathroom!)
2. But MPAA has a hard rule about language: more than 1 utterance of "****" is an automatic R rating. We have 3 in our show. So....
...I literally gave two ****s so the kids could see it:
1. In Yorktown, there's a mute over "I get the f___ back up again"
2. "Southern *record scratch*kin' Democratic Republicans."
You can sing whatEVER you like at home (even sync up the album)!
Love you. Enjoy"

My days of being semi-productive are truly at an end. I hope they have song select feature.

It's a great show, but I would strongly recommend using the Closed Captioning feature because many of the lyrics fly by pretty fast!!

I'm so excited for this. A lot people I know in my real life are too, and they normally don't give a damn about musicals. Still jealous of everyone who got to see it in person on stage.

I wouldn't be surprised if this dropped a day or two earlier than July 3, like they did with Frozen 2.

I had tickets to see the stage show before the Coronavirus hit. I don’t even know the music, so it was going to be my first experience with all of it. Guess watching it this way will have to do.

I'm all set, took the plunge and got Disney Plus. I listen to the soundtrack so much my son was able to catch that the crab in Moana was Lin.

I'm fine. I am perfectly fine!

Now where is Phillipa? :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"