Happy 20th, SCREAM!

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Scream is a 1996 American slasher film written by Kevin Williamson and directed by Wes Craven. The film stars David Arquette, Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, Matthew Lillard, Rose McGowan, Skeet Ulrich, and Drew Barrymore. Released on December 20, 1996, Scream follows the character of Sidney Prescott (Campbell), a high school student in the fictional town of Woodsboro, California, who becomes the target of a mysterious killer known as Ghostface.

tumblr_nzy8iqcXfo1qd6626o1_1280.png

tumblr_nglhcsnuAV1tl50ofo1_500.jpg

[YT]23jmjs-rMGI[/YT]

Two thoughts:

1. I can't believe it's been 20 years.
2. How the f*** was this a Christmas release?!

You shady b****. :argh:

Nothing says Christmas like underage drinking and the gruesome murder of teens. :o

Seriously, who would've guessed Casey got offed the way she did and that Billy was the killer let alone there being two of them? No wonder it became an instant classic.

I remember telling my Dad that I was surprised by the ending of Scream and he asked me if there were two killers.
So, in retrospect, it wasn't that surprising.
Still fun though.

Wow, 20 years. I :hrt: Scream. I enjoy all the movies, even the 3rd and 4th to a lesser extent, but the original is just such a classic.

Wes, you are missed.

Not nearly enough retrospectives on the internet today.

One of my favorite horror movies. Hell, one of my favorite movies. The biggest problem I have is if Scream 2 might be better.

I'm glad you posted this, Sawyer. This movie's always worth mentioning. :up:

The '90s as a whole was a pretty lame decade for the horror genre, but this was probably the best one. Is it the scariest movie ever made? Not even close, but it rejuvenated the slasher genre after so many crappy Halloween and Friday the 13th sequels.

It's not as scary, but it's pretty intense. It's just got this fun mix of both. It had the perfect balance and that was really needed to help the horror genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"