Scream 4'? Keep on Dreaming... Scream? Now We're Talking

The Apatow Crew

New God
Reaction score
While we broke the news way back in January that Courteney Cox Arquette and David Arquette were made offers to return in Scream 4, currently being penned by Kevin Williamson (Scream 2, Scream 3), It looks as if we were right about everything but one thing.... Entertainment Weekly confirms our breaking news adding that Williamson is instead scripting a reboot of the franchise for Dimension Films, instead of the third sequel. They also confirm the news that this begins a brand new trilogy. What they fail to mention is that Neve Campbell was also made an offer and that "this will be a younger version of the Scream movies," as we previously reported. Old news, with a new twist. Scream remake. Shocking? Nope. Now talk...

All I gotta say is good god. Really a Reboot or remake of a film that's only 13 years old? Just do what they did in the 80's make endless sequels. I think the movies are still fresh enough for sequels and don't need a remake like alot of the film films that got them needed it.
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16377

Wow, Scream is already 13 years old. What happened to my life, seems like just yesterday I saw it in theaters

Jeez. There's no need to reboot Scream. Not for quite some time.
Either make a sequel or make a (gasp) original movie.

It came out end of 1996. So not quite 13 yet. I guess you could say.

Kevin Williamson didn't write 3. Ehren Kruger did. So is Kevin going to do what he did with the original Trilogy bail on it before it is finished to do some sh** TV show.

This is seriously getting rediculous... Seriously! As the O.P stated I would rather have endless sequels than this crap!

Scream felt like a reboot to begin with. It wasn't really as smart as it thought it was, and at the end of the day it was just living off the slasher formula like all the clones before it.

Reboot it, remake it for all I care. I'm still Screamed out from the original trilogy. :csad:

Kevin Williamson didn't write 3. Ehren Kruger did. So is Kevin going to do what he did with the original Trilogy bail on it before it is finished to do some sh** TV show.

This is seriously getting rediculous... Seriously! As the O.P stated I would rather have endless sequels than this crap!
I mean i know, atleast at this point. wait until it's atleast 20-25 years old or so before rebooting. Just make more sequels, it's not that hard. You don't need the main three to be in every single one.

The reboot news these days is getting really ridiculous. Seems like almost every horror film these days in particular is either a sequel or remake. Makes me appreciate Drag me to Hell even more.

Why the hell would they want to reboot a slasher satire? They probably ditch that point entirerly and make it a straightforward PG-13 slasher of 00's.

Thumbs down, I say.

Why the hell would they want to reboot a slasher satire? They probably ditch that point entirerly and make it a straightforward PG-13 slasher of 00's.

Thumbs down, I say.
I don't know either way, it's too damn early.

With the success of the recent batman films and new statr trek film. Everyone is in a reboot craze.

It should only be done if it needs to be done.

REmakes, REboots, REimaginings, REtellings... Hollywood is so ******ed :p

Why does this have to be a reboot , they could just not have the story focus on sydney.

All these reboots started with Chris Nolan.

Whatever happened to Neve Campbell anyways?

Thing is, it's not technically a reboot.

They're involving original cast members like Courtney and David Arquette. Hence, they are continuing the the orginal storyline. This makes it more of a sequel/next generation type deal than a reboot/remake.

It's sstupid to call it a reboot, but still have the same actors and characters in it. Just make Scream 4 already, jeez!

It's actualy a sequal, if I read things right. If things go the way they want them to and the actors rejoin, this "Reboot" could work as a sequal/reboot film. Acknowleding the previous films and what happened while bringing the focus to a new set of characters that have to experiance the unknown killer Ghostface.

Scream or Scream 4, it doesn't matter exactly what the title is called, but what the story is going to involve and how it's delievered.

I'm at least a bit glad to not hear it's a remake.

Yeah, it's not really a reboot. It just begins a new franchise but it's not really repeating anything.

Sydney's insane, or Randy's not dead..or is dead and is a ghost dating the I Know What You Did Last Summer girl.

How "NEW" of a twist could they come up with?
Well, Randy's Dead. and Neve Campbell wants nothing to do with this.

They should just make it new characters and if they wanted to show Sidney. They could just show a picture of her. lol

I hope its not like the twist like in the third I know what you did last summer.
Where the killer is a ghost.

:facepalm
Just make a sequel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"