Happy 90th Birthday To Stan Lee!

Wow, way to be a Debbie Downer. Depending on how you measure time, we'll all be dead pretty soon.

Happy Birthday, Stan.

Lol, just sayin. We've gotta enjoy him while we have him! I love his cameos. I hope he gets to do another in a better fantastic four movie

Stan the Man....still doing his thing.

Happy Birthday Stan!
forget "the Big Lebowski" you are THE DUDE!!

Happy Birthday, Stan!

cough Jack Kirby cough

Quasimod0 stated that Stan "helped create" the characters. Implicit in that was acknowledgment that Kirby, Ditko, Heck and many others were also involved in creating Marvel's pantheon of heroes. There's no reason to try and cause a dispute in a thread about Stan Lee's 90th birthday.

Sure there is because we wouldn't even have this thread right now if it wasn't for Stan Lee riding on their backs.

Sure there is because we wouldn't even have this thread right now if it wasn't for Stan Lee riding on their backs.

If you're saying that Stan contributed nothing to the creation of those characters, that's revisionist nonsense.

Happy Birthday, Stan! Thanks for everything from all us True Believers!
[YT]8OelFkYByH4[/YT]

qkzi1.gif
gfqCQ.gif

I8M8C.gif
40MZu.gif

0dzTP.gif
s0pAa.gif

BGPkl.gif
T4wss.gif

If you're saying that Stan contributed nothing to the creation of those characters, that's revisionist nonsense.

I don't doubt Lee as the face of Marvel hasn't helped put Marvel where it is today but the way some people think Lee created all these Marvel characters is like crediting Edison with discovering the light bulb.

Edit: 58,000th post.

Last edited:
I see some of the Hypsters are up to their usual shenanigans, can't even say Happy Birthday to someone without pissing on their cake.

Happy Birthday to you, Stan "the MAN" Lee.

I see some of the Hypsters are up to their usual shenanigans, can't even say Happy Birthday to someone without pissing on their cake.

Happy Birthday to you, Stan "the MAN" Lee.

I doubt he cares about what we have to say when he sleeps on his mountain of cash while his fellow creators died penniless. Just saying.:o

I doubt he cares about what we have to say when he sleeps on his mountain of cash while his fellow creators died penniless. Just saying.:o

If Stan has a mountain of cash, which is doubtful, more power to him because he earned every penny. He stuck with Marvel for seven decades, through good times and very bad ones, all the while striving to make the company successful. He didn't bail on it when it was verging on bankruptcy, when sales fell into the basement or when readers' tastes changed drastically over the years. All those years that Stan tirelessly labored to build the Marvel brand and promote its characters are what made him what he is today, the industry's elder statesman. You can begrudge him that all you like, but you can't change the facts.

If you mean "earning" by playing the game, I can't really argue with that.

I hate when people give Stan crap for cashing in on his co-creator status at Marvel. It's not like he took money from anyone. He played the game and played it well, and I respect him for it.
Plus I think it'd be hard to make the argument he wasn't the one primarily responsible for most of the heroes in Marvel's stable.
Anyways, happy birthday Stan!

I saw him at a convention this year and he looked spry and chipper for an older fellow.

You know what, Darth, while you have a point, I still like Stan Lee a lot more than that bitter, reclusive Ayn Rand freak Ditko. He could have advocated for himself better, but instead chose to shut himself off from society and just carry a grudge. So I have little sympathy for him. And Kirby and Heck are both dead iirc. So let's quit the whining and just congratulate the guy on 90 years well-lived. There's other threads to argue this. Bringing it up here is a bit crass.

It would be crass if I brought it up during his death thread. Call it whining if you want. Sorry I don't worship the guy like you all do. While its true other guys could have done better defending themselves, it's well documented that Stan Lee didn't do much of anything to try to get other guys in the bullpen some recognition. That doesn't speak very highly about his character IMO.

I think JJJ has a point. This is more of a celebratory thread and there are other threads to bring this up.

Anyway, Happy belated birthday to Stan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"