Harrison Ford in.....Call of the Wild

Right, the whole crux of the movie is supposed to be the bonding between man and dog, but the whole time you're acutely aware that it's Harrison Ford pretending to interact with a CGI dog.
Right?! Also....DOGS! Sorry...I'm a dog person. You don't have to fake chemistry with a dog. It's a dog. They are the most loving creatures in the world. People aren't as loyal. Like the old saying goes, lock your spouse and your dog in the trunk and drive around for an hour...when you let them out, only one of them will be happy to see you.

Too dark for a Monday...?

Right?! Also....DOGS! Sorry...I'm a dog person. You don't have to fake chemistry with a dog. It's a dog. They are the most loving creatures in the world. People aren't as loyal. Like the old saying goes, lock your spouse and your dog in the trunk and drive around for an hour...when you let them out, only one of them will be happy to see you.

Someone earlier suggested maybe they wanted more "expressiveness". Dogs are plenty expressive. People who don't know that haven't bothered to pay attention.

Might give this a look next week but I honestly thought this looked just a really random thing that I never expected Ford to take part in lol.

Someone earlier suggested maybe they wanted more "expressiveness". Dogs are plenty expressive. People who don't know that haven't bothered to pay attention.

Again, they did it because that's the director's thing. Animated mute animals...aliens...dragons...

The CGI turns me off. It just doesn't look real to me. It'll be a cable watch.

This thread runs the risk of becoming the "show your dog's crazy expressions" thread. I know some dogs, one demon-possessed beagle who lives with me especially, who are crazy expressive.

Because even with the amount of adaptations, they’ve yet to make a really great version of the novel.

None of them have been all that great. The Clark Gable and Charlton Heston ones have their moments. Chris Sanders is a great animation director so maybe he has it in him to make a really great live-action film ala Brad Bird.

If Sanders can make us feel for the Saint Bernard as he did for a dragon then it'll be a success.

So I guess we'll still be waiting on a really great version of this film now.

Maybe Harrison Ford didn't have any chemistry with any dogs, so rather than replace him they replaced the dog. :o

I miss the realism of Homeward Bound.
Agreed never understand why they'd go with a cgi dog.

Refuse to believe this movie will have any emotional scenes that rival Pere & Shadow's reunion lol.

I still to this day call Golden Retrievers... Shadows. We were walking our Standard Poodle the other day, and I pointed to one - shouting its Shadow!, my girlfriend always makes fun of me.

It's simply lazy filmmaking. I know that stitching together different sources and techniques is a pain in the butt. But that's what makes a great filmmaker vs an okay one. There is a time and place to use full CGI characters for the duration of the entire movie. This is not it.

It's simply lazy filmmaking. I know that stitching together different sources and techniques is a pain in the butt. But that's what makes a great filmmaker vs an okay one. There is a time and place to use full CGI characters for the duration of the entire movie. This is not it.

It's that weird mix of lazy filmmaking and putting way more money and effort into something than they needed to.

I’ll watch this to support the CGI dog. Too many real dogs are taking jobs away from CGI dogs. It’s nice to see a CGI dog finally getting his due.

Didn't A Dog's Purpose use real dogs?

yikes!
v1-bjsy-NDEz-MTIz-O2o7-MTgz-ODc7-MTIw-MDsy-MDQ4-Ozg1-OA.jpg

v1-bjsy-NDEz-MTIy-O2o7-MTgz-ODc7-MTIw-MDsy-MDQ4-Ozg1-OA.jpg

The second shot is pretty good, at least as a still. The first it’s kind of obvious it’s not actually there and the eyes are a little uncanny valley or something. Something is off with the eyes where they look slightly cartoonish.

They could've mo-capped a real dog and replaced him with CGI for added realism. :o

Well that explains it.

The eyes are really the issue as he's pretty photorealistic outside that.

Not really. He looks like a high-end video game character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"