Comics Has anybody noticed in the trailer...

kguillou

Avenger
Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that in the OMD part 2 trailer that when the narrator says " One last sacrifice will be his greatest...", the camera then zooms in on Mary Jane. So i guess even the trailer is telling us that MJ's gonna go bye bye.

I wonder if he is given the option of sacrificing his spider-powers.

I think that Spidey will ask Dr. Strange for help, and Dr. Strange makes a deal with Spidey: He must either keep his marraige with MJ or save Aunt May. And I think Peter will want his Aunt May and end the marriage :(

I think that Spidey will ask Dr. Strange for help, and Dr. Strange makes a deal with Spidey: He must either keep his marraige with MJ or save Aunt May. And I think Peter will want his Aunt May and end the marriage :(
why would Dr. Strange do that? when has it been shown that he would ever do that. Whats next he makes peter his new servant and kicks wong out?

the OMD trailer at marvel.com, check it out and pay attention to the camera when the narrator speaks....

why would Dr. Strange do that? when has it been shown that he would ever do that. Whats next he makes peter his new servant and kicks wong out?
Exactly. What kind of ridiculous choice is that?! Your aunt or your marriage?! How convoluted and contrived can you get... SCREAMS "agenda driven" BS. :mad:

Exactly. What kind of ridiculous choice is that?! Your aunt or your marriage?! How convoluted and contrived can you get... SCREAMS "agenda driven" BS. :mad:

The way JMS described it, Strange (or whoever is giving Peter this choice) is saying that he needs "all of Peter's love, that which gives him strength." So he's not asking for Peter's marriage, just something that would include his marriage.

Strange would never do that to Peter, that would be so out-of character. I think it's gonna be Loki who gives him the choice, because Loki owes Spidey a favor BUT we gotta remember that Loki's the God of Treachery and mischief, so he'll give spidey a favor but with a catch, that's when he'll ask for Peter's happiness in return for Aunt May's life. Sheesh, some favor huh?

Strange would never do that to Peter, that would be so out-of character. I think it's gonna be Loki who gives him the choice, because Loki owes Spidey a favor BUT we gotta remember that Loki's the God of Treachery and mischief, so he'll give spidey a favor but with a catch, that's when he'll ask for Peter's happiness in return for Aunt May's life. Sheesh, some favor huh?

I'm also thinking it's Loki. It would tie in to the beginning of JMS' run (which he said OMD would do), plus in the FNSM preview it seems pretty clear that the only help Strange can offer is allowing Peter to ask for help from several people in a short amount of time.

It's also worth noting that in the article that spoiled the choice in OMD, JMS never says Strange gives Peter the choice - just that the choice is offered to Peter.

Even though it's still agenda driven BS, it's still a lot more believable than Strange asking him that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"