BvS Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

The Ultimate Cut just gets more enjoyable every time I watch it. When I first saw the theatrical cut at the cinema I just felt strange about the whole experience. I knew I'd liked what I saw but I wasn't sure I loved it. Seeing it for a second time in theatres helped and the UC fixed a lot of the films problems. It's not a perfect film by any stretch I think it's somewhere around 8-8.5/10 overall.

Agreed, I find new things every time to enjoy in the movie and find I want to watch it again quite regularly.

The Ultimate Cut just gets more enjoyable every time I watch it. When I first saw the theatrical cut at the cinema I just felt strange about the whole experience. I knew I'd liked what I saw but I wasn't sure I loved it. Seeing it for a second time in theatres helped and the UC fixed a lot of the films problems. It's not a perfect film by any stretch I think it's somewhere around 8-8.5/10 overall.

I've seen the ultimate cut multiple times myself and keeps getting better and better for me. Wish it had been the theatrical cut.

I've seen the ultimate cut multiple times myself and keeps getting better and better for me. Wish it had been the theatrical cut.

Same mate, it gets better and better everytime I view it. I only watched it last week but already I wanna watch it. Again.

The movie is undeniably better when viewing the extended cut. The story is more coherent, and various plot points fit more congruently. i have a real issue with the length of the film overall. 2 hours plus, is a real challenge to sit thru and remain fully engaged. I felt myself checking out several times as I sat thru the viewing of the theatrical release. I am hopeful that Wonder Woman and Justice League will be more enjoyable viewing experiences.

I could forgive some of the Superman characterization flaws had they simply eliminated quirky Lex, and the whole "I have your Mommy" plot point for the motivation of fight. Honestly if Batman and Superman simply battled only because of the forced clues anonymously from Lex, it would have been better. Lex could have been in the background watching from his office as they fought, knowing he manipulated behind the scenes and nothing will come back to him.

But, I digress.

I could forgive some of the Superman characterization flaws had they simply eliminated quirky Lex, and the whole "I have your Mommy" plot point for the motivation of fight. Honestly if Batman and Superman simply battled only because of the forced clues anonymously from Lex, it would have been better. Lex could have been in the background watching from his office as they fought, knowing he manipulated behind the scenes and nothing will come back to him.

But, I digress.

I think that would have served the fight better, then you could have had Wonder Woman be the one to stop them.

But, I digress.

I agree with this, from a story stand point i think this would have been better. In the meantime have Wonder Woman discover Lex is making Doomsday, and as BH said have her to be the one to stop the fight.

i hated the movie when i first saw it. ihave watched once since then and its not hated anymore just disappointment. the movie doesn't do enough for me to empathize with superman or batman. they kept on making decisions that in my opinion don't service the characters but just to move the plot forward.

i can understand people been afraid of superman and from what was shown in the movie, he didn't care people were scared and he didnt care that he was been blamed for what happened in africa. of course people can always misread intentions but at least talk to the people.

the best thing in the movie was batmans fight in the warehouse just great great action. the other batman parts were hit or miss for me. I did enjoy this take on alfred he was the highlight of the movie for me.

WW. her entrance was great but still haven't seen enough of her to say if she will be great.

Lex. i dont blame jesse for this interpretation. i blame the director and writers. they saw how he was on set and decided that it was good.

Lois is a great character from the book but such a waste here. the bullet plot went nowhere, felt like just had to have her in the film somehow and gave her a weak plot.

the fight with doomsday and fight before between bats and sups was underwhelming for me. i think the slow burn of the movie didnt help with that.supes death wasnt heartfelt. i should have been in tears but i just indifferent.

dont get me wrong, there is a good movie in here i just fell like it git lost along the way. they flew too close to the sun and it melted the wax in their wings. i still have hope just not much.

i cant bring myself to watch it again. i have to watch mos to the the feeling of bvs out of my head

2 hours plus is a real challenge to sit through?

weird thought isn't it? You know Netflix just got a bunch of Indian films on their service and most of them are over two hours including the Popular superhero Krrish whose films are closer to 3 hours than 2 hours.

This thread makes me want to watch BvS again honestly.

i hated the movie when i first saw it. ihave watched once since then and its not hated anymore just disappointment. the movie doesn't do enough for me to empathize with superman or batman. they kept on making decisions that in my opinion don't service the characters but just to move the plot forward.
My thought exactly. They wanted to put too many things in it. the decision taken by the characters are forced, to me.

i can understand people been afraid of superman and from what was shown in the movie, he didn't care people were scared and he didnt care that he was been blamed for what happened in africa. of course people can always misread intentions but at least talk to the people.
Same thought. Superman was so out of character that I even considered, and am still considering, that this Man of Steel is going to end up being Ultraman somehow, somewhen. :loco:

The best thing in the movie was batmans fight in the warehouse just great great action. the other batman parts were hit or miss for me. I did enjoy this take on alfred he was the highlight of the movie for me.
Same for me. Alfred was a THE highlight.

Lois is a great character from the book but such a waste here. the bullet plot went nowhere, felt like just had to have her in the film somehow and gave her a weak plot.
Actually Lois Lane is one of my top fav character. I said back in the day that if C.Nolan could put a good Catwoman and a good bat/cat relationship the movie would be great.The depiction was good and the Dark Knight Rises was good.
The same, for MoS, I thought that if they can treat Lois Lane well, the movie will be solid. For me, Lois is almost empty. But in BvS it's evenworse, she's useless. And it hurts me because all those tender moment with Clark were a chance to touch me. I was not moved at all.

the fight with doomsday and fight before between bats and sups was underwhelming for me. i think the slow burn of the movie didnt help with that.supes death wasnt heartfelt. i should have been in tears but i just indifferent.
Same here. I should have been in tears for God's sake. showing Doomsday in the trailer was not the brightest idea either. Henry Cavill was touching when Clark decides to sacrifice himself, but somehow I was indifferent. I think it's because most decision from the characters, like you said, were motivated by going further in the plot and not for them. So in this moment, I didn't feel anything for Clark's death.

In the end, I notice how a lot of your views are similar to mine. It can't be a coincidence but it's funny.
To answer this thread's question, I have seen it twice and it was a mistake. I could not bear the second time. So I sometimes go back to MoS to put me back in the mood of Henry Cavill's Superman, which I like pretty much.

The ultimate edition is quite brilliant to me as a comic book fan. Its frank miller vs dan jurgens basically.

I do admit that the TC theres a part where it loses momentum and around the time clark talks to jonathan it feels a bit dragging. UC is entirely different in that regard.

My only grudge is that Jimmy was kind of a cool character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"