BvS Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

I've watched the film in theaters 3 times and have watched the UC once. I'm going to try making it my second time today. :):)

Oh and it only gets a bit better every time. It's the small things. Like Bruce screaming as a kid sounds like a muffled screech of a bat.

The little stuff like that is awesome. Finding those things within every viewing.

I've seen the theatrical version 3 times with my most recent viewing coming a couple of weeks ago. I thought the movie was fairly decent after the first 2 viewings. However, the flaws have really come out now that I had a chance to watch it a 3rd time. Definitely, dropped a few notches for me. I'm still waiting to see the UC to come away with my "final" opinion.....

i saw the theatrical version 1 time, and though i enjoyed it as a batman and superman fan, i was a bit letdown on it. i dont know why, but i felt like there was too much in there and too little story. it felt crowded and hasty at times.

oddly enough, i just saw the ultimate edition and actually completely loved it, and also enjoyed luthor more - though i still feel he's more riddlerish than luthorish.

i also may have missed it, but i thought in the theater, i saw the earth on top of supes' coffin tremble just before ending, and i thought i had not seen any of that in the UE? could have been mistaken tho.

it felt much more complete this time. absolutely love Affleck as Batman. the only thing i seriously disliked was Batman killing. Mutilating and seriously violent, i can get that. but the amount of decisive killing doesnt fit the bat. That gun on his car was unneccesary. could have done with shooting the wheels off and then the car colliding into a wall exploding. atleast then the killing was indirect.
slamming a knife in the shoulder, im ok with that.
branding targets? sure.
in dreams actually killing ? perhaps.
but from the sky railgunnin people to bits? no.
throwing back the grenade the perps themselves intended to slam into batman? i can live with that.
point blank gunning down perps? no.
the wooden box sling to a guys face in the wall was a bit overbrutal too (bloodmark on the wall).
they could have done with batman not killing anyone at all - atleast not directly.

the example of saving martha imho was an example that did well. that was batman. shooting the tank instead of the perp, and then covering martha from imminent death.

also im not sure but it looks like the transformation of doomsday was better, though i still think he should have had much bigger spikes and horns.

i still dislike superman's death.

i saw the theatrical version 1 time, and though i enjoyed it as a batman and superman fan, i was a bit letdown on it. i dont know why, but i felt like there was too much in there and too little story. it felt crowded and hasty at times.

oddly enough, i just saw the ultimate edition and actually completely loved it, and also enjoyed luthor more - though i still feel he's more riddlerish than luthorish.

i also may have missed it, but i thought in the theater, i saw the earth on top of supes' coffin tremble just before ending, and i thought i had not seen any of that in the UE? could have been mistaken tho.

it felt much more complete this time. absolutely love Affleck as Batman. the only thing i seriously disliked was Batman killing. Mutilating and seriously violent, i can get that. but the amount of decisive killing doesnt fit the bat. That gun on his car was unneccesary. could have done with shooting the wheels off and then the car colliding into a wall exploding. atleast then the killing was indirect.
slamming a knife in the shoulder, im ok with that.
branding targets? sure.
in dreams actually killing ? perhaps.
but from the sky railgunnin people to bits? no.
throwing back the grenade the perps themselves intended to slam into batman? i can live with that.
point blank gunning down perps? no.
the wooden box sling to a guys face in the wall was a bit overbrutal too (bloodmark on the wall).
they could have done with batman not killing anyone at all - atleast not directly.

the example of saving martha imho was an example that did well. that was batman. shooting the tank instead of the perp, and then covering martha from imminent death.

also im not sure but it looks like the transformation of doomsday was better, though i still think he should have had much bigger spikes and horns.

i still dislike superman's death.

He didn't throw the grenade back, he picked up a guy and threw him at the grenade guy knocking them both down and cause the grenade to fly into the other room, whereupon grenade guy could have gotten out of there and been fine but he kept pursuing the grenade and got himself killed.

Before Civil War came out I watched all the MCU movies but like actually tried to analyse them, whenever I watch an MCU movie I rarely analyse it I just watch it and enjoy it, when watching Iron Man 3 I realised it wasn't as good as I originally thought it was and I could understand the criticism it got. When Iron Man 3 first came out I was obsessed with it and it stayed my 2nd favourite movie for a long time.

Before Civil War came out I watched all the MCU movies but like actually tried to analyse them, whenever I watch an MCU movie I rarely analyse it I just watch it and enjoy it, when watching Iron Man 3 I realised it wasn't as good as I originally thought it was and I could understand the criticism it got. When Iron Man 3 first came out I was obsessed with it and it stayed my 2nd favourite movie for a long time.

:huh:

Gave it a 9/10 in March now in almost August I will bring it down to an 8.5 or 8. Just because they didn't do my favorite character justice, and the childish Lex Luthor.

Yup, enjoyed it more second time.
Watching the behind the scenes and special features for some reason made me like it a bit more too. I guess I appreciate the effort put in.

Having now seen it multiple times...

1 TC
2 UC

Its gotten much better.. UC better tells the story. It doesnt fix the flaws of the movie but the good moments shine better.

In MY ultimate cut... I drop the bats rising, drop the knightmare, and drop the batdemon crypt bit..

Its not a perfect film by no stretch of the imagination but it has more substance than given credit for

I give a 6.5/10 to the UC and maybe a 6/10 to the TC. Can't say i don't like the movie. It has a few amazing scenes and is overall entertaining. It's just not great storytelling.

Having now seen it multiple times...

1 TC
2 UC

Its gotten much better.. UC better tells the story. It doesnt fix the flaws of the movie but the good moments shine better.

In MY ultimate cut... I drop the bats rising, drop the knightmare, and drop the batdemon crypt bit..

Its not a perfect film by no stretch of the imagination but it has more substance than given credit for

This seems a common thing with Snyder's movies. They often get called shallow and lacking in emotion. I always find the opposite to be true. BvS is no exception in this.

I don't think his movies go over people's heads or anything, but I feel with a lot of people go into his movies hating them before they begin.

I've probably watched both MoS and BvS back to back at LEAST a dozen times in the last two weeks. I still like both!

In MoS Father Leone says sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and the trust part comes later, which is what Superman does when he allows Batman to rescue his mother, he is willing to trust him as Supes believes there's is still goodness in him.

Last edited:
In MoS Father Leone says sometime you have to take a leap of faith and the trust part comes later, which is what Superman does when he allows Batman to rescue his mother, he is willing to trust him as Supes believes there's is still goodness in him.

But that is dumb. He's not out there being cruel to regular people. He's just being excessively violent and cruel with criminals. That's not all that bad. That's why he is scary. He isn't supposed to be a boy scout. That is the character's methodology. Lex is the one making it look like he's killing people.

But that is dumb. He's not out there being cruel to regular people. He's just being excessively violent and cruel with criminals. That's not all that bad. That's why he is scary. He isn't supposed to be a boy scout. That is the character's methodology. Lex is the one making it look like he's killing people.

The version of Batman presented in this movie was brutal vigilante, who branded criminals, this was not usual Batman. In this context, Superman did not approve of his actions. Consider the scene -

Superman: "Next time they shine your light in the sky, don't go to it. The Bat is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy. "

Which shows that Superman wanted Batman to give up his activities, but after the now infamous "Martha" scene, he is OK with Batman rescuing his mother, why ?

Is it because he is setting aside his own assessment of Batman and his moral opposition just because he wants his his mother saved ? Is Superman being selfish ? No.

As I have said, Supes believed that there is some good still inside Batman, which was demonstrated when Bats threw away the Kryptonite Spear, Superman wants to take a leap of faith, Superman believes that Batman can be trusted, so he lets him save Martha.

In MoS Father Leone says sometime you have to take a leap of faith and the trust part comes later, which is what Superman does when he allows Batman to rescue his mother, he is willing to trust him as Supes believes there's is still goodness in him.

While I agree with the point you are making. I still love that moment in MOS when Father Leone says that and the scene transitions into Superman hovering above the armed forces and turning himself in. Awesome stuff.

Watched it twice and really liked it both times about the same amount. Good movie - not great, but an honest effort.

In MoS Father Leone says sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and the trust part comes later, which is what Superman does when he allows Batman to rescue his mother, he is willing to trust him as Supes believes there's is still goodness in him.
i have this theory why superman was late to meet lex at the scoutship. i think he was hovering about the harbor and watching the whole rescue scenes by batman... just to ensure there was no accident and his mother was truly saved... :D

I did not sit through the same cut twice.
Theatrical cut is terrible.
Ultimate cut is worse.

I did not sit through the same cut twice.
Theatrical cut is terrible.
Ultimate cut is worse.
i think you love to torture yourself.
spending your precise time on the movie you hated so much.

Think that's the end of that discussion.

Back on topic, I've seen it multiple times and the UC is definitely the best version of the film. It gets better with every single watch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"