Superman Returns Superman's Suit: Your post-movie opinion

Steelsheen

Head Geek of Nerdtopia
Reaction score
we've debated the Superman Suit since this first picture came out:
425px-Brandon_Routh_as_Superman_Returns.jpg

now that you've seen it in action, what is your post-movie opinion of it?

this is a poll for those who has seen the film. (so if you havent, please refrain from voting on the poll. thanks!)

I thought it looked fine.

But, did they make color changes to the costume after the first photo release??

I remember hating the costume and now I'm OK with it.

i think that was a bad picture to release as the first photo of Supes...if they released a better one the uproar wouldn't have been nearly as bad.

Steelsheen, why the hell did you just start 4 threads in the span of like a minute? You need the attention that bad?

BoBByJoMo said:
I thought it looked fine.

But, did they make color changes to the costume after the first photo release??

I remember hating the costume and now I'm OK with it.

no they didnt change the color after that photo. if it looks different in the movie then its atrributed to the color gradients applied to the film in post-production.

i'm just wrapping up and heading on out for the movie. see ya a little later! (if i'm still coherent ;):D)

They released such a desaturated pic. BR is very nonphotogenic...I have not seen an "awesome" still shot of him. The only things that have made me keep faith in this movie are the trailers and tv spots. All the photos released have underwhelmed me.

Tron5000 said:
Steelsheen, why the hell did you just start 4 threads in the span of like a minute? You need the attention that bad?

dude, did you notice that they're supposed to be threads rating and discussing individual topics AFTER seeing the film?

have you seen the movie already? go vote and say your piece! :)

Bad angle, bad color, bad post, bad haircut. Whoever is the photographer responsible should be grounded until he is of an age where he can take real photos.

They should have had a more straight on shot to emphasize his height, with vibrant colors, and Superman looking subjectively, with a gorgeous shot of Metropolis behind him.

So you started the thread when you yourself haven't even seen the film? So you can't even vote in your own poll. Awesome.

^^ the movie is a few hours away, so yes i started it since there are members here that have seen it and they can start discussing it.

geezus what is wrong with you tonight? are you going to see this film later? have you seen it? try to be a bit more cooperative about the nature of my threads. i dont start them often-- and when i do, it is with good reason and timing.

The guy is excited about a movie and wants to start some discussion Superman related to get people in the mood. What is so bloody wrong with that?

thank you nosebleed :)

also, its done with foresight in mind. i've been hanging around messageboards for a very long time to know that after a big movie debuts, there are usually 50 threads popping up discussing the same subject matter :o. just my small contribution to keeping the boards streamline and clutter free :)

I hate the \S/ on the belt. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Denny67 said:
I hate the \S/ on the belt. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Wow...such emotion for such a little detail. Do you wash your hands 10 times after you use the bathroom also?

going to see it in 3 hours. I know they goofed on the shorts in either FHM or anohte magazine like that. It is the one with Brooke Burke interview (she talks about being a patty in the burker king commercials) it is near the front pages..

buggs0268 said:
going to see it in 3 hours. I know they goofed on the shorts in either FHM or anohte magazine like that. It is the one with Brooke Burke interview (she talks about being a patty in the burker king commercials) it is near the front pages..

IMAX 3D? Now you can yell at the screen what you've had in your signature for so long...lol.

nosebleed said:
IMAX 3D? Now you can yell at the screen what you've had in your signature for so long...lol.
Heh heh heh.

i like the suit just fine, but i wouldn't mind a few small tweaks in the sequel. like between spider-man and 2 and 3, there have been/will be a few small tweaks, but if the makers of the costume didn't tell you, you'd never know.

i wouldn't mind a lighter (although not much lighter) red, have the boots an inch or two taller, a collar that is somewhere between reeve's/routh's (routh's is just a smidge too high) and the belt buckle, i like the shape of it, but not the \S/ in it.

and even though i didn't notice them on screen, i wouldn't have so many \S/'s on the boots.

I think the only changes I would make are the cape attachment and collar size. A more regal attachment and a wider collar would look great. Nothing too leotard-like but not as choking as the current one looks. It looks like he's wearing blue Under Amour.

just because the suit is not good doesn't mean the
movie won't be.

:spidey:
:supes:

there are certain things i like n things i dislike. im glad it has more of a wetsuit look and not just plain tights look. im glads the "s" is 3'd and not just a picture anymore. i dont like the colors or s on the belt(thats corny).

I thinks it great....I like the red...it mixes well with the blue....The suit was made to fit Routh and to make him look well in it and I think it looks exception well on him.....

It works perfectly in the film. I do want to see it evolve a little for the next one though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"