BvS Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Saw it first time, gave it 8/10.

Saw it again, I feel confused.

This wasn't the answer to the Marvel Movies.

It needs more superhero coolness.

When he saved Lois in the beginning there was only one scene...it should have more superhero memorable scene. Same with first scene of Batman when he branded that guy...there should have been more scenes on that.

It's a great drama movie but not a great superhero movie.

I watched it for the second time and I am still disappointed. This movie could have been so much better if it had a director that knows how to tell a story in a proper manner. There is a good story somewhere in this, but the poor editing and unnecessary scenes made the film appear shallow and incomplete. Batman V Superman is a prime example of having style over substance.

I hear this alot about Snyder on his films from critics and "the haters" which perplexes me. Personally, cannot stand Burton. His early work - meh. But in the end cannot stand him, or Oliver Stone. In return to my dislike for these directors I do this weird thing.... I don't buy tickets and see their movies. EGAD :gasp: !!!!!!

You can't blame story on Snyder.

It's Goyer and Terrio who wrote it.

The visuals that everybody likes is by Snyder.

You can't blame story on Snyder.

It's Goyer and Terrio who wrote it.

The visuals that everybody likes is by Snyder.

For all we know the Goyer script was fine until Terrio came around, but Snyder does get some blame (personally I blame for jack, cause I LOVED it) but the director decides how the story is told and can edit the script around. Keep in mind, the script is just a guide, a blue print. It doesn't have to be faithfully followed. I recall for the '89 Batman film they were re-writing the script while shooting.

I watched it for the second time and I am still disappointed. This movie could have been so much better if it had a director that knows how to tell a story in a proper manner. There is a good story somewhere in this, but the poor editing and unnecessary scenes made the film appear shallow and incomplete. Batman V Superman is a prime example of having style over substance.

i do agree on all the unnecessary scenes, such as the cameos of other superheroes. it would be nice if they are put during the post credit.

Careful how we thread water in here gents. I don't want this to turn into another debate thread like the review one and all those others. :D

Careful how we thread water in here gents. I don't want this to turn into another debate thread like the review one and all those others. :D

Fair enough. My wife and I loved it and do plan to see it again, though I may get impatient and just see it w/o her. :D

Fair enough. My wife and I loved it and do plan to see it again, though I may get impatient and just see it w/o her. :D

My friend might see it today with his lady but he promised me we'd go on Tuesday to catch it together. It's killing me the wait and not being able to go this weekend. I could go but I don't want to risk BvS fatigue. Haha

PS: it's tricky to know which direction to take this thread comment wise without making it into another reviews debate.

EDIT: Holy crap it's very even the votes so far.

Lucky! I can't wait to see it again myself and see what I think of it in my second viewing.

Saw it once and came away disappointed in some areas. Will see it again at some point and see if anything changes. I'm not going to force myself to like it or more, but open to seeing it after having my expectations lowered having seen it already.

Saw it once and came away disappointed in some areas. Will see it again at some point and see if anything changes. I'm not going to force myself to like it or more, but open to seeing it after having my expectations lowered having seen it already.

Even though i'm on the opposite side of things, i'm curious myself how i'll react to the second viewing. It was not at all what i expected, so it surprised me. Now having gotten that out of the way, i'm eager to find out which side i'll tip more towards.

I just talked about this in another thread. I will repost it here:

So, I just got back from the theater. Now aware of the criticism, I went to see the movie a second time, by myself. I ended up enjoying even more than the first time. I guess, without the hype of the first time (I had never been this insanely hyped about a movie in my life), I was able to pay more attention to it, to every detail, to the way the story unfolds.

And I have to say I still don't understand the reviews. I just don't. This is a very well made movie: beautiful shots, great acting, compelling story, awesome action.

I still think the editing could have been better at times. I think I got what the team was trying to do, I guess, but I see how certain jumps might confuse some people. Anyway, I don't think it makes the movie "a mess" or hard to follow. The story is not that complicated – You start connecting the dots really quickly. I don't see how the plot is convoluted, and I believed the Justice League references where not as shoehorned as critics say. Maaaybe the Knightmare/Flash cameo, but that sequence is so awesome I don't really care!

Some complaints are that BvS changes so much on the 3rd act, that it becomes Michael Bay-ish with the CGI action and all that. But here's how I see it: it slowly builds up to that moment. I mean, aside from the prologue and the incident in Africa, there's little action during the first half of the movie. It's just things building up: we get to know why Bruce feels the way he feels about Superman, we're introduced to Diana, we get a glimpse at Luthor's plans, we see Clark trying to cope with what's happening with Superman and the way the world is reacting to him (this is why I don't understand the "BvS doesn't let you care about the characters" criticism either). Everything, slowly, comes together, and I was greatly suprised by that.

It seems some of those reviewers saw a different movie.

I'm so excited about Justice League. It was set-up nicely. I want to know more about and dive deeper into this universe. I really hope that movie does start shooting next month.

Great post. Just a reminder, please do not forget to vote folks and do let us know if you knew of spoilers before watching the movie. :)

Twice. Can't wait for a third. If I like a film, the second viewing is always for a better understanding of the story so I enjoyed it more the second spin.

The first viewing is based off of pure backbone emotion of if I liked it or not and how I felt. I liked it immensely and was happy walking out.

The second viewing is focusing more on the story to bridge the gaps I certainly missed. This is the most fun because my mind isn't racing.

The third will be to just enjoy a movie I like and probably catch the minor details. It's basically the urge of just wanting to see it again.

Last edited:
As for knowing spoilers, I did not. I made a point to stay away from everything from trailer #2 on. I made a pact to myself that I wanted to go in fresh, something I didn't do with Man of Steel.

Staying away from trailers, pictures, tv spots, etc I believe played a part in enjoying the theater experience. I wouldn't change anything.

I just talked about this in another thread. I will repost it here:

So, I just got back from the theater. Now aware of the criticism, I went to see the movie a second time, by myself. I ended up enjoying even more than the first time. I guess, without the hype of the first time (I had never been this insanely hyped about a movie in my life), I was able to pay more attention to it, to every detail, to the way the story unfolds.

And I have to say I still don't understand the reviews. I just don't. This is a very well made movie: beautiful shots, great acting, compelling story, awesome action.

I still think the editing could have been better at times. I think I got what the team was trying to do, I guess, but I see how certain jumps might confuse some people. Anyway, I don't think it makes the movie "a mess" or hard to follow. The story is not that complicated – You start connecting the dots really quickly. I don't see how the plot is convoluted, and I believed the Justice League references where not as shoehorned as critics say. Maaaybe the Knightmare/Flash cameo, but that sequence is so awesome I don't really care!

Some complaints are that BvS changes so much on the 3rd act, that it becomes Michael Bay-ish with the CGI action and all that. But here's how I see it: it slowly builds up to that moment. I mean, aside from the prologue and the incident in Africa, there's little action during the first half of the movie. It's just things building up: we get to know why Bruce feels the way he feels about Superman, we're introduced to Diana, we get a glimpse at Luthor's plans, we see Clark trying to cope with what's happening with Superman and the way the world is reacting to him (this is why I don't understand the "BvS doesn't let you care about the characters" criticism either). Everything, slowly, comes together, and I was greatly suprised by that.

It seems some of those reviewers saw a different movie.

I'm so excited about Justice League. It was set-up nicely. I want to know more about and dive deeper into this universe. I really hope that movie does start shooting next month.

Good post :up:

I managed to stay spoiler free, stopped watching anything after the (second trailer?) Doomsday trailer, no tv spots, or magazine articles etc. I'm really glad I did and I'm sure I enjoyed it far more too. Like Tra, and quite a few others I watched too much about MoS and learned from that.

I managed to stay spoiler free, stopped watching anything after the (second trailer?) Doomsday trailer, no tv spots, or magazine articles etc. I'm really glad I did and I'm sure I enjoyed it far more too. Like Tra, and quite a few others I watched too much about MoS and learned from that.

My only regret is that I didn't. If I could go back I'd not watch anything after the comic con trailer but my insecurities regarding Superman got the better of me. That won't happen for Justice League :woot:

As for knowing spoilers, I did not. I made a point to stay away from everything from trailer #2 on. I made a pact to myself that I wanted to go in fresh, something I didn't do with Man of Steel.

Staying away from trailers, pictures, tv spots, etc I believe played a part in enjoying the theater experience. I wouldn't change anything.

I'm so glad i avoided spoilers. I learned my lesson from Spider-Man and Batman Begins. Boy oh boy was i underwhelmed and i took years for me to be able to enjoy Spider-Man. Batman Begins is still not enjoyable for me yet. I should have never read the scripts and checked for every bit of info. Way to ruin a movie experience for yourself. :loco::woot:

My only regret is that I didn't. If I could go back I'd not watch anything after the comic con trailer but my insecurities regarding Superman got the better of me. That won't happen for Justice League :woot:

Haha good to hear. I'm going to stay away from as much Squad and WW stuff as I can too. Okay, well maybe I'll have a little peep at some stuff haha.

I let go all my insecurities after early Snyder interviews where he basically said Superman was not going to be sidelined almost by Batman and that Superman could beat Batman easily(or words to that effect) It just made me realise that it would be shared screen time and Supes would not be made to look like Batmans *itch.

I'm still getting my head around the fact we are going to get 30 extra minutes! Thats loads man! I'm not going to wish the time away to get the dvd blu ray though, I've got at least two more BvS watches and I'm loving the moment right now! :woot:

:smf:

Haha good to hear. I'm going to stay away from as much Squad and WW stuff as I can too. Okay, well maybe I'll have a little peep at some stuff haha.

I let go all my insecurities after early Snyder interviews where he basically said Superman was not going to be sidelined almost by Batman and that Superman could beat Batman easily(or words to that effect) It just made me realise that it would be shared screen time and Supes would not be made to look like Batmans *itch.

I'm still getting my head around the fact we are going to get 30 extra minutes! Thats loads man! I'm not going to wish the time away to get the dvd blu ray though, I've got at least two more BvS watches and I'm loving the moment right now! :woot:

:smf:

:up:

I know I can't stop feeling excited that there is a 3 hour cut of this movie.

I hope I'm able to adopt this "I'm staying away from everything" approach as well. Back when I watched MoS the first time, I didn't use to watch all the trailers, neither go into sites like this. I'll try to avoid that kind of stuff regarding the upcoming DCEU movies, just to have a clean, completely surprising experience when I see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"