Hawkeye Hawkeye General Discussion Thread

The absense of Linda Cardellini in the trailer make me feel there is some open argument between Clint and Laura about his actions as Ronin.

After the phone call I am thinking she may have stayed behind to watch the farm and sent the kids to NYC to visit dad. Though a separation is entirely plausible given the sh** they all went through.

As to why Clint is in NYC, could he be consulting on Rogers - The Musical? Bucky would be the obvious choice here, but family man Barton would seem like the safer option.

Well, it comes to me effortlessly, I just become cynical when I read again about how the next MCU production is new, fresh and reminiscent of some cult movie or tv series, you really have to reach far to have Die Hard vibes from this trailer.
It's Christmas, there are explosions and Clint is the MCU grump trying to see his family. Even though I didn't think "Die Hard" when I watched the trailer, I can see how others may have got that vibe.

It's cool if you don't share that opinion, but it doesn't make other people wrong for not sharing your view :-)

The absense of Linda Cardellini in the trailer make me feel there is some open argument between Clint and Laura about his actions as Ronin.
I got the opposite feeling.

I am guessing Clint calling the wife and Basing her about how long he's gonna be away and how much trouble he's in is going to be a running gag. Maybe we see her or maybe not but... I think as a bit it is gonna build up to LAURA coming in to save the day.

All will seem lost and then in comes a strike Force with Mama Barton at the lead. We're going to learn then that Laura was Clint's former shield commanding officer.

Eric Voss from New Rockstars said it had a Marvel Netflix vibe to it since it seems like the villains are going to be mafia types.

One subtle yet minor thing I liked about the trailer is it made it clear Kate is not Clint's daughter. Whenever I'd talk to more general fans about this show and Kate, they'd almost always mention Clint's daughter from Endgame.

I'm glad the trailer made it clear to them that she isn't.

It's Christmas, there are explosions and Clint is the MCU grump trying to see his family. Even though I didn't think "Die Hard" when I watched the trailer, I can see how others may have got that vibe.

It's cool if you don't share that opinion, but it doesn't make other people wrong for not sharing your view :-)

That's why it's all subjective. There are people who like What If, but I did not for reasons I expressed earlier. That's cool if you like something that someone else doesn't. A non Marvel example for me is Bridgerton. I was out after 2 episodes (and I usually last longer for Shonda Rhimes shows) but I know many people like it, so I am not going to tell them not to like it.

Also, I would suspect that Brian d'Arcy James is somehow involved in "Rogers the Musical." It would make sense given his Broadway background.

I got the opposite feeling.

I am guessing Clint calling the wife and Basing her about how long he's gonna be away and how much trouble he's in is going to be a running gag. Maybe we see her or maybe not but... I think as a bit it is gonna build up to LAURA coming in to save the day.

All will seem lost and then in comes a strike Force with Mama Barton at the lead. We're going to learn then that Laura was Clint's former shield commanding officer.

Thanks a lot. I'm going to be disappointed now if we don't see Ms. Cardellini breaking through a warehouse door wielding high powered weaponry.

That's why it's all subjective. There are people who like What If, but I did not for reasons I expressed earlier. That's cool if you like something that someone else doesn't. A non Marvel example for me is Bridgerton. I was out after 2 episodes (and I usually last longer for Shonda Rhimes shows) but I know many people like it, so I am not going to tell them not to like it.
100% agree!

Thanks a lot. I'm going to be disappointed now if we don't see Ms. Cardellini breaking through a warehouse door wielding high powered weaponry.
Laura: "Mister Barton... You need to learn to lie better. This is Laredo all over again."

Clint: "Whoa... This was not Laredo. This was not even close to Laredo."

Kate: "What happened in Laredo?"

Clint and Laura at the same time: "It's a long story we don't have time for now."

You'know... Something like that.

The things I enjoyed most about the trailer:

- Kate Bishop
- Some of KB and Clint interactions
- The tennis ball arrow against the bell
- The Molotov catch and throw through the window

Curious to see how they handle Kingpin in this with the tone this series seems to be taking.

The things I enjoyed most about the trailer:

- Kate Bishop
- Some of KB and Clint interactions
- The tennis ball arrow against the bell
- The Molotov catch and throw through the window

The car chase for me looks like its going to be a standout set piece, having read the comic it seems to be based on, I hope so anyway.

Curious to see how they handle Kingpin in this with the tone this series seems to be taking.

If he’s in this, thant there won’t be much more than a little hint or cameo in the last episode. He’ll be probably more in that Echo series…and maybe in a post credit scene in NWH

If he’s in this, thant there won’t be much more than a little hint or cameo in the last episode. He’ll be probably more in that Echo series…and maybe in a post credit scene in NWH

Is he going to tell Echo "When I was a Boy..."

It just occurred to me that the part where he ziplines out of the building and then falls probably takes place after the scene where he’s running through that party, since he’s wearing a tux in both scenes and that party looks to take place in a high story of a building.

Between that, the car chase and some other stuff we saw, there looks to be some cool stunts in this show.

The rumors have stated he's popping up in episode 5.

I am glad that his story as Ronin seems to be the main story. I was afraid they were going to gloss over it.

hope we’ll see him in that Ronin costume a bit more tan in Endgame and not only Kate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"