Hawley's Doctor Doom Film

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by HBarnill, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Zarex

Zarex Registered

You certainly lowered the "Boom" on that hypothetical poster!

Flint Marko likes this.
  2. GoblinScrier

GoblinScrier Registered

I personally hope this movie is officially greenlighted and integrated into the MCU....having an entire film devoted to Doom, being a loose adaptation of Brubaker's "Books of Doom", would be a dream come true for me...now just cast Mads Mikkelsen at least as the voice of Doom behind the mask or even as Victor himself...he is who I have envisioned for years as the good Doctor....set this movie up to tell the story of the greatest villain for Marvel, allude to his rivalry with Richards, and then this could lead to the F4 movie that will inevitably come out....

BarryAllen, TMP98, MbJ and 2 others like this.
  3. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Mads was already in doctor strange but I agree with you on everything else. I think there’s a perfect spot in the mcu for a doctor doom movie and as fans we should be endorsing it

4. GoblinScrier

GoblinScrier Registered

I realize he was...but I feel like he was wasted on Kaecilius..if he can't be Victor himself, I think his voice would be perfect once that mask is on his face....

5. MbJ

MbJ Registered

Watching the Legion premier only reaffirmed my desire to have Hawley play around in the MCU in some capacity. What a show.

aleh0211 likes this.
  6. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah I feel like we’re long overdue for it and Hawley and doom feels like the perfect team up.

Gosh just imagine how epic the battles would be in a doctor doom movie?

7. TMP98

TMP98 Registered

I'd rather have this than an F4 film if Peyton Reed really does end up the director on that

8. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I would like both. No need to sacrifice one for the other. In fact they would probably compliment each other well

9. aleh0211

aleh0211 Registered

Absolutely agree!
    I understand Legion isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but man oh man - those visual effects and camera work are phenomenal for a TV budget. I’d absolutely would love to see an episode on the big screen.

But on that note — I’m sure Kevin Feige has looked at Hawley’s work and have no doubts he will be part of Marvels future.

10. Bach

Bach Registered

Hmm I'll have to check it out.

11. Kuwolski

Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

I hope it happens.

I think it will.

I also predict Hawley entering the MCU would result in more then one film.

12. Kuwolski

Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

Russo's also gave Hawley their blessing. I'm sure that played a role in these talks.

13. aleh0211

aleh0211 Registered

Legion just keeps getting better and better this season.
    My oh my.

Give this man a film. I think he's earned it.

Kuwolski likes this.
  14. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah I just want to see a movie poster like this

[​IMG]

KRYPTON INC. likes this.
  15. Bach

Bach Registered

Well since the entire lineup of Phase 4 has been announced I think I'll just hope for Doom to come in Phase 5.

16. Docker2.0

Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

Why not do both? Go the Shazam and Black Adam route but unlike WB, actually go through with it. Do a Books of Doom movie with a Fantastic Four movie coming out the same year with the Mole Man being the original villain. Doom is to deep and rich to be a one off villain introduced in one film. Build him up in his own film. He has deep enough history to do so.

Silvermoth and Lilbaz like this.
  17. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah absolutely. I mean the truth is he’s just too big a character for a fantastic four movie. I wonder if feige has started talking to people about the role? I mean he’s read hawley’s script (I wish I got to!)

18. Pennywise

Pennywise Registered

SPOILER ALERT: ‘Legion’ Series Finale – EP On Marvel Show End, Dr. Doom Pic – Deadline

Lilbaz likes this.
  19. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

20. Pennywise

Pennywise Registered

Agreed! They’d be foolish not to work with Hawley!

21. Detective Conan

Detective Conan Registered

I’ve said this before and I’ll keep saying this again: Feige, if he does anything with this project, would be repurpose it as television series on Disney Plus.

This film only existed because it was one of the few options Fox had left following the dismal state they left the franchise in after FFINO. They were in danger of losing the rights again and frankly they weren’t going to spend another hundred million dollars on another FF film after the last one crashed and burned as hard as it did. The Doom film was always Fox’s less costly way to keep the rights. Now that Disney bought Fox and Marvel has the rights to FF forever there’s no need to do a Doom film, especially not one before the FF are properly introduced in the MCU.

Xeno likes this.
  22. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

I just think it could be a good way to approach the property differently
    We've already seen two origin FF movies, Marvel may not want to do that again, same as they avoided Spidey's Origin... Doom could still lead in to eventual FF films
    Plus, Marvel hasn't done the "villain film" thing yet, so that may be appealing to them as well

TMP98 likes this.
  23. Detective Conan

Detective Conan Registered

That’s like saying after AMS2 Marvel could approach the Spider-Man property differently is by making a Green Goblin spinoff film. It makes no sense to do a Doom film before the FF are established in the MCU, imo. With Fox, it made sense since that was always more of desperate way to hold on to the rights after FFINO made the prospect of making another FF film impossible. If not a Doom film, the. Fox would’ve been gravely in danger of losing the rights(though they ultimately lost the rights anyway) and likely wouldn’t be beat the rights reversion deadline the next time. So a Doom film was their way to have their cake, and eat it too since it would be significantly less expensive than doing a proper effects heavy Fantastic Four film would allow. Where the main characters are basically walking special effects.

But now that Disney has the rights, or more specially Marvel has the rights back and they have the backing of the most successful franchise ever and they could easily revive the Fantastic Four in a new and exciting way without the need of a unnecessary villain spin-off film.

You can approach the property differently but just doing a FF film differently than what has been done before like Homecoming was different from any other Spider-Man film. And Marvel kind of already did a villain film with Infinity War which focused pretty heavily on Thanos.

24. Xarus

Xarus Registered

Why? Because you personally like him? There is nothing foolish to choose not to do something if you are not satisfied with how this thing will get made. Its a different decision, not foolish....

25. Pennywise

Pennywise Registered

True, I guess I'm just disappointed.

26. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Registered

Disagree completely. For me this is far more interesting than an ff or xmen reboot.