HBO's Euphoria

Ok, so I'm hearing rumours saying S03 is expected to be released in 2024 due to Zendaya's schedule.

Damn... hopefully it's the last season then.

How the **** did Labrinth not get a nomination? His music is consistently one of the best parts of this show.

I wonder if she left because her role was reduced in season two. If she's read the scripts for season 3 and Kat still was kept in the background that could have been the last straw.

I wonder if she left because her role was reduced in season two. If she's read the scripts for season 3 and Kat still was kept in the background that could have been the last straw.
Or she was just fired? Remember how they got rid of McKay?

I wouldn't mind her leaving if it was on a good note. Her character was one of the best and got reduced to an extra. Her last "important" scene was that brain damage one.

Ugh... this sucks.

I’m guessing she just walked. After they gave her nothing to do in season 2, I can’t blame her. Especially if the scripts for season 3 treated Kat similarly.

Not gonna lie. I never cared for her character so this isn’t a loss to me—especially if this is set post high school.

I never cared for her character but I know a lot loved her in S1 so I feel for her fans. I can't blame her though as her character has been flat-out intolerable in S2.

Or she was just fired? Remember how they got rid of McKay?
Yeah but he at least showed up at the beginning of season two before he was unceremoniously dropped from the show. With him I just don't think they knew what to do with the character anymore once he went off to college.

Firing an actress who plays a prominent character on the show in between seasons would seem like an odd move unless she was causing a lot of problems on set, which is why I'm more inclined to believe she quit.

Yeah but he at least showed up at the beginning of season two before he was unceremoniously dropped from the show. With him I just don't think they knew what to do with the character anymore once he went off to college.

Firing an actress who plays a prominent character on the show in between seasons would seem like an odd move unless she was causing a lot of problems on set, which is why I'm more inclined to believe she quit.
It's not hard to find numerous complaints from actors regarding season 2. From weird nude scenes, to exhausting sequences.

We don't know what actually happened behind the scenes.

So I have not watched one episode of this, but I planned to. Then this week,

- They fired an actress of color who doesn't fit the "typical" Hollywood look and they wanted to saddle with an eating disorder.

- One of their major stars came out as a bigot against the enby community.

- Another went to their racist Trumper family's birthday celebration, photos were posted online, and now they are getting defensive about it online.

qdB27eU.gif

Maybe I'll just stick to Sex Education...

Yeah. Really disappointed in Sam Levinson, Hunter Schafer and Sydney Sweeney. The latter two may be able to redeem themselves for what appears to be s***ty or at the very least tone-deaf behavior but I don’t know.

So I have not watched one episode of this, but I planned to. Then this week,

- They fired an actress of color who doesn't fit the "typical" Hollywood look and they wanted to saddle with an eating disorder.

- One of their major stars came out as a bigot against the enby community.

- Another went to their racist Trumper family's birthday celebration, photos were posted online, and now they are getting defensive about it online.

qdB27eU.gif

Maybe I'll just stick to Sex Education...
I didn't know about those things and I completely get your point. But "boycotting" Euphoria because of them it's also "boycotting" the work of other people like Zendaya and Barbie.

I understand you, but I think it's worth watching because of Zendaya. And Kat is a pretty amazing character.

Has it been confirmed at all that Barbie Ferreira was fired? All reports I'm seeing say that she left the show but I'm not seeing anything that explicitly says she was fired, although it's looking like she left because of tension with Levinson.

Somehow, I doubt that Hunter Schafer liking that Instagram post or Sydney Sweeney posting pictures with her family are going to matter that much. Especially when Sweeney herself isn't wearing anything political in the photos. The show's gone through turmoil, sure, but the white hot rage of the internet over these two fairly minor things isn't enough to derail it.

I didn't know about those things and I completely get your point. But "boycotting" Euphoria because of them it's also "boycotting" the work of other people like Zendaya and Barbie.

I understand you, but I think it's worth watching because of Zendaya. And Kat is a pretty amazing character.
There are plenty of shows in the sea, and thankfully I can watch Zendaya other places.

Somehow, I doubt that Hunter Schafer liking that Instagram post or Sydney Sweeney posting pictures with her family are going to matter that much. Especially when Sweeney herself isn't wearing anything political in the photos. The show's gone through turmoil, sure, but the white hot rage of the internet over these two fairly minor things isn't enough to derail it.
If Sweeney had just said nothing, or her brother hadn't posted the MAGA birthday hats, it would've blown over, over night. But she's the one who threw the party, with the racists hats.

Part of Schafer's brand is being a public voice for the LGBTQIA+ community. She liked an unambiguous post, full of bigotry.

This is all going to matter when they want them to sit next to Zendaya, who's made a big part of her brand being a progressive person. Hell, a big part of the show's marketing is a progressive look at youth. This would be like Bilbo Baggins crapping on BLM or wearing a Blue Lives Matter shirt, before appearing in Black Panther. Of course it matters. the question will be how much.

How the **** did Labrinth not get a nomination? His music is consistently one of the best parts of this show.
He has come along way. I remember when he was signed to Simon Cowel's label and making pop songs

Was watching Atlantis and the actor who plays Ethan would be a very good Milo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"