Hbo's -ROME- SEASON 2:The Offical Discussion thread.

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
Hbo's done a really ****ty job letting people know that this show was coming back on (Jan 14th), as i'm a fan of season 1 and JUST found out myself. :confused:

Awesome first season. Only one problem; it premiers on the same day as Fox's show '24'. Granted sunday won't be '24's regular day, i still can't miss the opening episode of 24, so i may have to pass on Rome for just that one day, and hope it appears ondemand...

http://www.romefans.com/

I loved the first season. I didn't know about the second, a friend of mine had to tell me. Can't wait for it to air.

A second season,I thought it was just announcing the first season playing on HBO on demand.I didn't think they would have more seasons.I hope season 2 turns out to be awesome.

will Pullo be there? he better, the dynamics between Vorenous and Pullo was what made season 1 such an excellent show.

can't wait.

O.k, i finally saw a preview for season 2 on HBO. It really looks like **** hits the fan, because this season picks up right after Ceasars death. Pullo and Vorenus are center stage once again, and Vorenous looks like the death of Niobi has really set him over the edge...i can't wait!

I saw another preview were Vorenus claims to be the son of Hades. I think he cuts off the head of that gang leader that wanted him to kiss his feet in season one, for disrepecting him...can't wait!

what time is rome slated for? I can't seem to find it anywhere. All I can find is that it is on sunday nights

k, the premier was sick

Marcus Antonius was amazing, and with Octavian playing his puppeteer, he is invicible.

Loved how Pullo is now the stable one, while Vorenus is a total disaster.

And I just have to say, when Erasties was enjoying his sauna, and then you start hearing chaos and mayhem upstairs, I was giggling knowing that he would come face to face with a psycho Vorenus, and a Pullo bent on protecting his friend. Thenn off came the head.

Brilliant first episode.

Hopefully, season 2 will perform as season 1 did, and perhaps help change minds at HBO, so that they raise the cancellation, and give us a third season

GOD! I hope this show lasts forever, I loved every second of season 2's premier. Gorgeous cinematography and excellent acting from the cast. I hope it wins all kinds of emmys.

GOD! I hope this show lasts forever, I loved every second of season 2's premier. Gorgeous cinematography and excellent acting from the cast. I hope it wins all kinds of emmys.

well, it's already been cancelled, so lets hope that Quality will overcome quantity, andresult in another renewal for season 3

best line: "well, if we cannot be friends, then we shall be enemies. And I'll do my very best to annnihalatte you"

I too like how Pullo is now the stable one, and Vorenus the utter disaster. I Don't Erasties really killed Vorenus kids. I think he came there looking for Vorenus, didn't see him, then left, then the family fled the city....maybe?

I just watched Rome for the sex scenes:o

I saw the premier episode for Season 2 and loved it as well. I don't think Vorenus' kids are dead either, and I am interested to see if he will find out if Pullo knew about his wife and what would happen if he finds out.

Since it's been cancelled, will we get a full season at least?

Also, I really enjoyed the promotion they did for the second season. Around where I live all teh buildings had Posters of the characters and other posters that looked like the graffiti in Rome saying things like "traitor", "rise up", "Ceasar is dead" etc. Although form the sounds of it, these were only in a few locations which sucks. I guess I was lucky.

I saw the premier episode for Season 2 and loved it as well. I don't think Vorenus' kids are dead either, and I am interested to see if he will find out if Pullo knew about his wife and what would happen if he finds out.

Since it's been cancelled, will we get a full season at least?

Also, I really enjoyed the promotion they did for the second season. Around where I live all teh buildings had Posters of the characters and other posters that looked like the graffiti in Rome saying things like "traitor", "rise up", "Ceasar is dead" etc. Although form the sounds of it, these were only in a few locations which sucks. I guess I was lucky.

we get the full 10 episodes of season 2

Does season 2 basically follow Octavian's rise to power as Augustus Ceaser who was one of the most powerful emperor's in the history of Rome?

Season 1 was great and I look forward to purchasing season 2 on DVD.

The show is a HBO/BBC co-production so the cancellation would have to be lifted from both.

Does season 2 basically follow Octavian's rise to power as Augustus Ceaser who was one of the most powerful emperor's in the history of Rome?

The show is a HBO/BBC co-production so the cancellation would have to be lifted from both.

He was the first emperor.

but I don't think season 2 will get that far. Maybe it will end with Octavian assuming all the offices of rome at the same time, and being given imperator.

as for the cancellation, the same thing happened last year if I remember correctly. It was cancelled, but it was so well recieved it got a second season. So maybe the same thing will happen this year

Doubtful. Augustus's rise covers some 25 years. What it will probably cover is Octavian being named Caesar's heir and travelling to Rome from Illyria whilst raising an army along the way to claim his inheiritance.

:whatever:
It's Caesar, not Ceaser.
:whatever:
Isn't this the last season?
If so, I might get the first and second on DVD and watch it then.

I know, typo's are fun. It's pronounced Kai-sar.

Doubtful. Augustus's rise covers some 25 years. What it will probably cover is Octavian being named Caesar's heir and travelling to Rome from Illyria whilst raising an army along the way to claim his inheiritance.

On OnDemand they have a behind the scenes special under the ROME menu called 'Sex and Rome'. It shows Octavia as a man, so in other words, at some point in season 2 they fast forward in time some years, as a new, older actor is re-cast as Octavia. Based on that, i say it's possible to see his rise to power.

As far as what Vorenus will do once he finds out that Pullo knew about Niobi's infidelity, there was a shot in the previews that show Vorenus ***** slapping Pullo, so maybe he finds out then.

You left off an N from Octavian. Octavia is a womans name. Anyway. Still a show (even only one season) about Octavian will rule. Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus (Octavians name upon claiming his inheiritance) makes Dr. Doom look like a caring compationate human being in comparision.

They should rename this season: Rome: The Marcus Antonius Gong Show

Ah, knew Vorenus's kids hadn't been killed. But how the hell did they end up as Octavians slaves?

I also love the look Cleopatra gave Pullo as she walks by him- true baby mama drama!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"