• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

HDTV Built-in Tuner and Verizon Fios Question??

DIRECTOR

Superhero
Reaction score
I think everybody here with both a Built-in HD Tuner and Verizon can relate...

I currently have Cox Communications for my cable service. Now, with my HDTV that has an HD Tuner, I am able to connect to my cable box, and do a channel scan to pick up free HD signals. So, i get HD channels without connecting to any thing, I don't even have to keep it connected to the cable box.

I'm moving to another house, where the only two choices for Cable TV is Verizon Fios or Comcast. I heard if I take FIOS, I can't get HD Signals for free on my HDTV. Is this true, what is the best solution??

See that is the thing, i'm not looking to pay for the HD basic channels. My HDTV as a built-in-tuner that can pick up HD channels

Comcast is terrible...had them and dumped them for AT&T Uverse...

Can anybody answer my first question?

Let say I have a HDTV, but I get a digital (not HD) box for it. So, I pay 4 bucks per month instead of 10, and just buy a HD antenna to pick up HD channels?

Please answer quick

If your HD set has a ASTC tuner built inside, that mean you can hook up a OTA (Over the Air) antenna and receive local stations HD feeds free. However, that doesn't have anything to do with you cable company. In order to receive the HD feed "they" have, you must subscribe to their HD package and rent the HD box!

- Also, If you decide to use the OTA antenna, you have to do a channel scan in order to pick up you Digital stations locally. To see what available in your area go to www.Checkhd.com (http://www.Checkhd.com) first and see whats available and what type of antenna will be needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"