Heavy Rain - Light info appears and two vague screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what happened to the other prologue stories that were supposed to be released? i havent seen anything after The Taxidermist.

what happened to the other prologue stories that were supposed to be released? i havent seen anything after The Taxidermist.
and you wont. They were put on hold and later dropped as Sony had the team work on adding Move support to the game, which wasnt complete till September. I think they were reporting to move onto their next project after that.

I'm itching for another game like this - that is, another murder mystery type game with Heavy Rain's control setup. Maybe an And There There Were None type story, with a sandbox-style environment?

it'd be cool if they make a sequel to Heavy Rain the story could be a little like SAW with Shelby conducting a series of tests for people like Ethan

I'm itching for another game like this - that is, another murder mystery type game with Heavy Rain's control setup. Maybe an And There There Were None type story, with a sandbox-style environment?
I beleive they said their next game wont revolve around a murder mystery. Im interested in hearing about what they have in store

it'd be cool if they make a sequel to Heavy Rain the story could be a little like SAW with Shelby conducting a series of tests for people like Ethan
I dont think we'll ever see a sequel to it but if there ever was one, I think the canon ending should be the ones which have him dead. He's the character I see least having potential for a sequel. Maybe a prequel but then that might feel more like an expansion pack as it would be rooted in HR's story. Based on their professions, Jayden and Madison seem like the more likely candidates to do something more with bc they can just pick up and move from case to case in different cities.

Last edited:
Well LA Noir looks like a good game to satisfy anyones need for a good detective mystery.

I'd love a Jayden prequel. I mean, he's an FBI profiler. He had to have worked on another serial killer case. In any event, if Quantic Dream makes another game with a compelling story and this control style, I'll be satisfied - murder mystery or no murder mystery.

I dont think we'll ever see a sequel to it but if there ever was one, I think the canon ending should be the ones which have him dead. He's the character I see least having potential for a sequel. Maybe a prequel but then that might feel more like an expansion pack as it would be rooted in HR's story. Based on their professions, Jayden and Madison seem like the more likely candidates to do something more with bc they can just pick up and move from case to case in different cities.

Madison's book signing ending heavily hints at a sequel. and if she and Ethan are together he can be involved. easy to bring Jayden in aswell. perhaps the fourth playable character could be a love interest for him.

But there are so many endings that a sequel would be impossible.

never stopped fighting games or silent hill games from having sequels, one ending just becomes canon.

Just got my PS3 for christmas. Went out and bought Heavy Rain almost immediately. Beat it in about 10 hours of straight gaming. It was pretty damned good. I love how different the play style was. Unfortunately movement was irritating more than once.

Unfortunately I guess Jayden died in my game. I didn't think he did, but I hadn't used him in awhile, and then the game ended. And I got an ending with the angry cop getting his AVI glasses. damn. Thought i'd saved everyone.

well you can go back to your last jayden staring chapter and continue from there and get different endings. it's slightly trickier for him tho, because if you don't get all the clues he can only get to the ending by being called by madison.

Too much of the beauty of Heavy Rain is in the multiple story possibilities. I say scrap the idea of making one of them canon and go with a prequel or a new story.

Too much of the beauty of Heavy Rain is in the multiple story possibilities. I say scrap the idea of making one of them canon and go with a prequel or a new story.
This.

It's the same reason I'll never replay the game. The ending that you get is your version of the story. It becomes the only ending that makes sense. So if I was told that my ending was just an alternate reality, it would cheapen it for me.

^ well i wouldnt go that far. ive played through the game three times cuz i love seeing what different decisions will lead to. i think youre missing out if you only play through it one time.

This.

It's the same reason I'll never replay the game. The ending that you get is your version of the story. It becomes the only ending that makes sense. So if I was told that my ending was just an alternate reality, it would cheapen it for me.
For a prequel, the only person they could use would be Jayden. Ethan's out of the question bc his life was pretty normal and uneventful until the events of the game. I really dont think theres much potential playing as Scott as
he did the kidnappings and killings
, plus there really needs to be a new story. We know nothing signifcant happens in Madison's career until she gets involved in the HR case. That leaves Jayden who is pretty much an open book, but does he really a game to provide a deeper background to him. I dont know. If they plan on revisiting this same universe again, Id rather they move forward with the timeline and not go back.

^ well i wouldnt go that far. ive played through the game three times cuz i love seeing what different decisions will lead to. i think youre missing out if you only play through it one time.
I can't play it again. The choices I made were the choices I would always make. To go back and go against my own judgments would seem disingenuous.

To quote GameSpot's review:
...it's hard to actually go back and play through the game differently once you've already completed it. Your story, the one that you got so caught up and invested in, has already been told. And the characters that you bonded so closely with won't be the same if you do things differently.

I've watched all the alternate endings on YouTube, so it's not like I don't know howthe game could've ended. I just choose not to revisit it because I know it won't be the same satisfying experience for me.

IDA with that Gamespot quote as I went and replayed it 3 times in row after beating it....lol. I think knowing how things turned out encouraged me to want to see how things would have ended up had I made different choices. It also alllowed me to be more perspective of subtle hints and clues which I otherwise ignored the first time around

IA. Playing it more than once also made me appreciate the first time I beat the game. The first time I played it, all of my actions were ,well, reactionary. In my second and third playthrough, I changed things and found that I made a ton of "correct" choices the first time, but a few choices that made me think "why did I do that?". For instance, I shot the drug dealer in his kids room. Not sure if I was just having a bad day that day or what, but I shot him. It led to some great conversations with friends who played the game as well in regards to what choices they made the first time. Bottomline, this game is built for multiple playthroughs. To explore paths you didn't take and examine the ones you did. To see the things you missed. That's just my thoughts at least.

As for sequels, I think they should do the same style of game with new characters, but leave this IP as it is, a stand alone. Whatever they do, next, I'm sure it will get my money.

I had the shoot the drug dealer. I had no choice!!! I HAD to save my son!!! However, know knowing that eventually Madison would figure out where Jason was, I wouldn't bother with some of those challenges, she can just tell me where he is.

The one choice I regret was shooting that crazy religious dude. I panicked. I'm sure I could have calmed him down, but I couldn't let him shoot the cop (even though he was a prick.)

you still had your story even if another is made canon. how about ignoring a sequel if one is made and the rest of us can follow these characters through new events, without being upset that our play through isn't the official one.

were you upset at the credits showing events that might not have happened in your play through?

Last edited:
I can't play it again. The choices I made were the choices I would always make. To go back and go against my own judgments would seem disingenuous.

To quote GameSpot's review:

I've watched all the alternate endings on YouTube, so it's not like I don't know howthe game could've ended. I just choose not to revisit it because I know it won't be the same satisfying experience for me.
well i can say that my first time through there were choices that i actually didnt make that happened because of controller response, so it really wasnt really the story i wanted. my biggest one was Ethan ended up dying my first time through because it wouldnt recognize me moving the controller so Madison never made it to him in time. this i did not like, so besides being curious to see how different situations turn out i played it again because i wanted to get my happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"