Your Top 10 (or however many) PS3 games

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
Okay so God of War III, Heavy Rain, and more have all rocked us so far this year, so I thought it was about time we do this whole shindig again. I've got way too many PS3 games and putting them all into a Top 10 is a hard thing to do without giving nods to other games I love, so here's my official 10.

10. Yakuza 3 - This was my first game in the series and although I haven't beaten it yet, I'm hooked on the story and the fighting is really fun. The graphics are a bit blergh, but this is one of those titles you can feel a whole lot of love went into.

9. Batman: Arkham Asylum - Sometimes I don't remember Batman for the right reasons, which is why I think perhaps it was overrated. I mean all the boss fights were crap, as was the camera angle behind Bats when walking. Then I sit down and play a challenge room and I remember why it's just as good as people say it is. The fighting is phenominal and the stealth is flexible. A great game.

8. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - As much as I've gone off Modern Warfare/Activision/Infinity Ward, I can't deny what a great time I had with the original game. The amount of times the campaign dropped my jaw, the story twists, the accessibility of the gunplay made this the best game on PS3 at the time.

7. Heavy Rain - Quantic Dream's 3rd title means something to me simply because I thought I was going to hate it. Yes, Heavy Rain is flawed and doesn't deliver anywhere near the scale of changes David Cage promised, but in it's own right it's a fantastic title that has some of the most shocking, involving moments in games to date. It's worth ploughing through all the nappy changing and plate setting for the game's key moments.

6. Killzone 2 - Initially, Killzone 2 let me down. It had a solid campaign, but I wasn't one for multiplayer. A year on and I'm heavily invested in the online side of things, making this my favorite title to play online. The campaign is great too, and now I can't wait for 3 to rear its head.

5. Demon's Souls - Brutal, unforgiving, and oh so hardcore, Demon's Souls sets the men from the boys when it comes to video games. I've sunk a measly 40 hours into it, but nothing beats sitting down for a while with only the intention of leveling up your character... then still getting your arse kicked.

4. Dead Space - Dead Space just really spoke to me a lot more than other games did. Maybe that's because of my love of survival horror/Alien/Resident Evil, or maybe it's because you could just tell the game was made with an amazing amount of love. It hit all the right spots, and is the best example of genre gaming past RE4.

3. Valkyria Chronicles - I've always felt that games have reached their peak. Let's face it... we're just never going to get a game better than Orcarina of Time. Valkyria Chronicles, while by no means matching the ultimate video game gave me the same feeling of epic scale and story telling by the time I was over with it. This is a game that really needs to be in every PS3 owner's collection.

2. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Let's face it right now, MGS4 isn't a game, at least it certianly isn't a game that should have taken 4 years to make. It can be completed in way under 5 hours, the stealth element of past games is almost totally gone, and it's best moments past boss fights are either routed in cutscenes or epic QTEs. It should be considered a universal disappointment... but it's still so darn good for some reason. Perhaps just wrapping up the story as well as it does earns it all those game of the year awards. It's my favorite series, and while 4 isn't the best, it is one of the best on PS3.

1. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Okay there's one better example of genre gaming than Dead Space/RE4, and that's Uncharted. I wanted an interesting list, so I put these 2 together to make space, because I love them equally. I've sunk 50 hours into Uncharted 2's single player alone. Combine that with multiplayer and Uncharted 1 and I'm betting I'm reaching the 100 hour mark for this mainly straight forward franchise. I just can't get enough of the brilliant 30's adventure style stories, how Drake is just this brilliantly sloppy dude who pulls everything off with a lucky shot or his last bullet.

I love those games too much.

Anyway, tell me about you!

Also, Flower would have got 11.

10.Modern Warfare 2
9. Heavenly Sword
8. Resistance 2
7. Batman AA
6. Modern Warfare
5 Resistance
4.Killzone 2
3. Metal Gear Solid 4
2 Uncharted 2
1. God of War III

ok I'm starting from the top and working my day down

1. MGS4
2/3 (I cant decide which I like more) uncharted 2, heavy rain
4. dead space
5. call of duty 4
6. GOW3
7. assassin's creed 2
8. killzone 2
9. demon's souls
10. batman arkham asylum

I may revise my list when I beat ff13, I'm loving it so far

and to add some honorable mentions, infamous, superstardust HD, all the mlb the show games since '08, the resistance games, bioshock, and the first uncharted game

Last edited:
cant quite do a top 10 right now... as I still need to pick up Resident Evil 5, and thats a big factor. but for now heres my top 8 for now. I know im going to love RE5 because im a HUGE RE fan so theres a spot for it in there somewhere.

1. Batman: Arkham Asylum - What can I say. The more I sit and think about this one the more I LOVE it. Not to mention that its better on PS3 so thats a plus! nothing will top it because Im a Bat maniac. Love the world, the character design, all of it. MY favorite Bat universe next to BTAS.

2. Demons Souls - Life eater. Best "RPG" Ive ever played.

3. Heavy Rain - I was a HUGE fan of indigo Prophecy, and this took it 10 steps further. Absolutly epic and simply a must own game.

4. MGS4 - Im a Metal Gear mark. Though not my favorite of the series, its definatly one of the best games this Gen. a Metal Gear always has to be on these kinds of lists. No exceptions.

5. Oblivion - Sank even more hours into this than Demons Souls. I love the medieval crap! Fallout can suck it.

6. Uncharted. - Yes definatly over did it with all the damn shooting.. but i like it better than uncharted 2. Im in the minority i know. I prefer the story and setting and whatnot. Not to mention the shirt wrinkles!!! which was absent from 2.. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

7. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1/2 - Great game simply because you can beat the crap outta baddies with whatever Marvel character you want! I love Marvel to death, and I love beat em ups. I prefer 2 over one for its amplified graphics and story/setting. But the first holds a place in my heart lol. All I need now is a game just like this, but with Batman Characters lol.

8. Uncharted 2 - Even though I had trouble trudging through it (mostly because i was fresh of Uncharted 1.) It was a good game. Very Epic and not to be forgotten. Plus I got it for 14 bucks, so what can I say.. lol. Dont ask how... was just luck.

There are a few I havn't gotten around to playing yet, such as Killzone, Infamous or Ghostbusters(yes GBs rules), so it is what it is.. lol.

I haven't played Heavy Rain LBP or inFamous but i am sure that they would be in my top ten if i ever get to play them.

I don't know if I can give you a Top 10 but Top 5-ish for sure. I still need to finish a few games I know are up there as the best on the system *cough*Metal Gear*cough*

But I'd say this is close to my Top 5 right now :up:,

1. GTA IV
2. Killzone 2
3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
4. God of War III
5. Skate 2

1. Killzone 2
2. Burnout Paradise
3. God of War III
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
5. Batman: Arkham Asylum
6. Uncharted: Among Themes
7. Pure
8. Bioshock
9. Dead Space
10. Resistance 2

Last edited:
1. Modern Warfare 2
2. Batman: Arkham Asylum
3. Uncharted 2
4. Resistance 2
5. Call of Duty: World at War
6. Assassin's Creed 2
7. LittleBigPlanet
8. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2
9. InFamous
10. Assassin's Creed

Last edited:
1. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
2. LittleBigPlanet
3. God of War III
4. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
5. inFamous
6. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction/Quest for Booty/A Crack in Time (great games, but since the game formula of Ratchet & Clank NEVER changes, I'll count them as one)
7. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
8. Resistance 2
9. Superman II: the Richard Donner Cut (no I don't actually own this on blu-ray, but I find it to be a funny joke on Screwattack's list of exclusive PS3 games)

Im sticking with just exclusives here as i play all multi plat titles on my 360, but my fav PS3 games are:

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (This game is actually my favorite game, of all time, ever)

2. Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

4. God of War Collection

5. God of War III

Iv enjoyed other titles, Infamous, Little Big Planet, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2, but the 5 i listed are the only ones iv felt are worth owning.

Last edited:
1.COD:MW2
2.FF13
3.Dragon Age
4.Army of Two
5.NBA live 2010

in no order..cuz thats very difficult.my top ten games i own..

1-ghostbusters
2-uncharted
3-spiderman web of shadows- i really like it!
4-batman arkham asylum
5-star wars force unleashed
6-marvel ultimate alliance 2
7-sonic all star racers - its great!!
8-wipeout hd fury
9-streetfighter 4
10-wolverine

double post which is weird as i only clicked once?..

10 - Resistance: FOM
9 - Uncharted
8 - Fallout 3 GOTY
7 - Street Fighter 4
6 - Heavy Rain
5 - Grand Theft Auto 4
4 - Uncharted
3 - Uncharted 2
2 - Batman: Arkham Asylum
1 - God of War III

1.) Army of Two 40th Day

2.) Madden 2010

3.) Prince of Persia

4.) Batman Arkham Asylum

5.) Little Big Planet

1) Uncharted 2
2) MGS4
3) GOW III
4) Uncharted
5) Heavy Rain
6) Resistance 2
7) Batman: AA
8) Valkyria Chronicles
9) Resistance
10) Just Cause 2

LittleBigPlanet
Oh, Sackboy. You really make my day, you know that? You’re like one of my cats, except better, cause you don’t need feeding or stuff. This game is like cotton candy filled with kittens mixed with rainbows. Except for when you run out of lives, where it then becomes so soul-crushing, you feel like breaking something. But then good ol’ Sackboy will pop his cute little sack head out, and all is well again. If I’m totally honest, I couldn’t write anything good enough that this video doesn’t already do; it will speak for me instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uToBarLr_U

Prince of Persia
The ultimate example of how an epilogue can destroy nearly every shred of love I have for the original game. Prince of Persia, was, and is, a fantastic adventure game. It’s remarkably simple, and yet so elegant and refined. The characters eventually become more than puppets for you to control, they become like friends, guiding you on your journey through the exotic landscape. The art design was superb, and the game play was never too challenging to get upset over. It eased along with a gentle pace, and rarely did I ever get mad with it, as I did many other games. All was well. And then the horrendous epilogue came out to the unsuspecting masses, and practically mutilates the game beyond recognition. My fondness for the game still remains however, and that’s why it’s included on this list, but it’s a fondness tarnished; a distant memory amidst a cloud of despair. Sigh.
God of War 3
God of War harkens back to my childhood. It reminds me of hours spent watching Harryhausen movies, of which I’m sure many of you are aware. The fact that the games are so damn enjoyable helps too. I find it difficult to rate God of War 3 any higher on this list just because it feels more like the end of a beautiful era as opposed to an actual game, and the relative recent release date works against it; classic game status is (mostly) applied to games after much deliberation. Despite all this though, as PS3 games go, this is a corker.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
To say I ploughed most of my time during its initial run into COD4’s online multiplayer would be a gross underestimate. I lived that game. Heard it. Smelt it. Saw it. Backtracking a little, I did however play through the main story first, and what a story it is. The fantastic part of the campaign is it’s sweeping blockbuster style. Who can forget the fantastic characters that populated the game, or its stunning (and very real) locales? Not I, that’s for damn sure. Moving on to the online, I needn’t say much, aside from the fact that the noob-tube is highly underrated. It was, and still is, one of the most polished shooters in the history of not only this generation, but of the many generations before it.
Bioshock
Is it wrong to put a previous 360 exclusive on this list? With most games, yes, but with 2K’s Bioshock, I think we can all make an exception. Bioshock is one of the most enthralling gaming experiences of the past 10 years, and it is magnificent. The story, graphics and gameplay combine in a way that will, if you’ll forgive the pun, enrapture you fully. The great thing about Bioshock is the depth of the game. Collecting audio diaries is never required to progress, but if you choose to do so, you will be rewarded with a truly awe-inspiring perception of what went wrong down below. With one slightly tired sequel out already, and the promise of a “saga” unfolding over the next few years, 2K will have to pull something special out of their hats in order to top this first game in the series, as it truly is the (Big) Daddy.
Burnout Paradise
Burnout Paradise is like the racing game I always wanted. As a certain Doc said, “Where were going, we don’t need roads!”. I never, ever liked racing games. The confines of tracks were rather claustrophobic. But then, from Guildford’s own Criterion games came: Burnout Paradise! Suddenly, I was free as a bird, in a city like no other. To say I enjoy the hell out of this game is an understatement. I love this game. Just the idea of an open world racing game fills me with joy. The fact that Criterion went and made everything better with patches, updates and a truckload of DLC is just icing on an already delicious cake.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Star Wars game’s are hit and (mostly) miss. For every KOTR, we have Pod Racers, or other such nonsense. With The Force Unleashed, the Star Wars games took a turn for the best with one of the most polished Star Wars experiences in years. This truly felt like a genuine Episode, and anyone who has played it will tell you that the characters make this game. There’s an arc. There’s motivation. There’s a love story set in and amongst the biggest battle in the galaxy. In short, what more could you want?
Heavenly Sword
Bet no-one else has this on their list huh? Being different aside, here is a game that, in my opinion, is criminally under-rated. Released just in the first few months of the PS3’s launch, nigh on everyone shrugged this game off as a mediocre God of War rip-off. I beg everyone to reconsider. Did this game redefine the gaming genre as we know it? Of course it didn’t, don’t be stupid. Is it a rollicking good action game, with a great story and great acting to boot? Hell. yes. People may doubt this game, but I really do think that loads more people would have enjoyed this game if they had ignored its un-deserved negative press.
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune/Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves
I’ve noticed a trend whilst writing this piece; I tend to favour games that have an emotional and sweeping story. What better games on the Playstation 3 exemplify this trend than Naughty Dog’s Uncharted series? The first game, in my opinion, was one of the finest gaming experiences ever crafted. For all the awards the second has (rightly) won, the first still has the exact same amount of brilliance that everyone seemed to notice second time round. (Additionally, it has the greatest character that will ever grace the series, a certain Mr. Raja) Coupling a great story with easy-to-pick-up game mechanics, lush visuals and some of the greatest mo-cap and voice acting ever performed, the first game in the (hopefully) long-running series outmatched its competitors in every way. But best of all, a sequel was on the horizon...
And low and behold, the prodigal son returned. And returned with bang he did. This sequel defined the term “blockbuster game” in ways never thought possible. Spielberg once said that “cutscenes ruin the gaming experience”, Uncharted 2 completely destroys this idea with one foul swoop. How loveable was Tenzin? How funny was Harry Flynn? How badass was Lazaveric? And on, and on, and on the list goes. This story is incredible, and as unlikely as it is, let’s hope its won’t be the last time we see Nate and co.

Last edited:
1 Batman: Arkham Asylum
2 FIFA 10
3 Quantum Of Solace

I have only have 3 games so far. :o

EDIT: Replace that list, not inserting games I never played on the PS3

Last edited:
1. Uncharted 2
2. Metal Gear Solid IV
3. Heavy Rain
4. Burnout Paradise
5. Infamous
6. Uncharted
7. Street Fighter IV
8. LittleBigPlanet
9. Killzone 2
10. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
11. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

1. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
2. Assassin's Creed 2
3. Batman Arkham Asylum
4. Resident Evil 5
5. Mortal Kombat 9/2011/Cyber Sub-Zero and dead heroes :argh:
6. Prince of Persia

I played some more games on the PS3, including the first installment of Assassin's Creed (average gameplay, great story), and they don't deserve to be on the list cause they aren't good enough

Last edited:
Well, I only have 9 games, and I like them almost equally, but here:

1 - Uncharted 2
2 - God of War 3
3 - InFamous
4 - Mortal Kombat
5 - InFamous 2
6 - Killzone 3
7 - Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
8 - Marvel vs Capcom 3
9 - WipEout HD Fury

Uncharted 3 and Batman Arkham City will probably take the top 3 soon.

My Top Ten PS3 Games:
1. Grand Theft Auto IV
2. God Of War 3
3. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
4. Mortal Kombat 9
5. Prince Of Persia
6. Resident Evil 5
7. Bayonetta
8. Blaz Blue
9. Fist Of The North Star: Ken's Rage
10. The King Of Fighters XIII

1. God of war III
2. DMC 4
3. Metal Gear Solid 4
4. Batman AA
5. Batman Arkham City
7. Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD
7. Quantum of Solace (VERY underrated game, developer and game deserved much more credit)
8. Spider-man Web of Shadows
9. Red Dead Redemption
10. Uncharted 2

Dishonorable mentions: Dark void, Prototype, Spider-man 3, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Superman Returns, Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2

Good/Decent but Disappointing: Enslaved, Tomb Raider Underworld, GTA IV, Uncharted 3, Call of Duty Black Ops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"