Heavy Rain

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
Unique Features is closing in on a deal for the film rights to Quantic Dream's acclaimed PlayStation3 game "Heavy Rain" reports Deadline.
Selling over a million copies since its release, the procedural-themed game has users playing four different characters involved to different extents in the hunt for the Origami Killer, a serial child murderer who drowns his victims several days after he abducts them.
The characters include a divorced father of the most recent abductee who lost his first child in an accident years before and suffers from black outs, a gruff private investigator looking into the killings with the help of a prostitute, a female reporter who becomes close with the father, and a whip-smart FBI agent with a drug habit and hi-tech glasses that produce a virtual computer interface even more elaborate than those seen in "Minority Report".
The game has proven a big hit with critics and users with its unique gameplay which makes it more like a complex interactive movie with multiple variations on the story depending upon the player's choices. A lot of money went into the production values as well with actors like Pascal Langdale and Leon Ockenden voicing and doing motion capture work for the production.
Unique has a first look deal with Warner Bros. Pictures but has enough funds to buy the rights in full, thus could take the film anywhere.

Usually from Games to movies suck badly.

Weren't the character's bodies motion captured by and their voices provided by actual actors? They should keep the same people and put them in the movie. If it aint broke don't fix it.

this movie will be dumb

the story is not that good or unique

the game play is what made the game the fact that the choices you make change the story as it goes on.So with a movie you cant do this because you can only make 1 choice and only get 1 ending.

this movie will be dumb

the story is not that good or unique

the game play is what made the game the fact that the choices you make change the story as it goes on.So with a movie you cant do this because you can only make 1 choice and only get 1 ending.

Clearly you've never seen Clue.

I kind of picture Matthew Fox in the role of the dad... Forget his name.

From what i've heard of this game it won't be hard to bring to the big screen faithfully. It could actually be really good video game adaptation, mainly because it's more like a Zodiac type mystery/thriller than the average video games they've been choosing to make into films.

Misha Collins should play Jayden.

And this would be a great film if done right.

Mars - Ewan McGregor

Paige - Jennifer Connelly

Jayden - Ryan Gosling

Shelby - Brendan Gleeson

I kind of picture Matthew Fox in the role of the dad... Forget his name.

Ethan. I agree, I'd love to see Matthew Fox as Ethan Mars.

Paige. Rose Byrne.

Norman Jayden. Sam Rockwell.

Shelby. Ray Winstone.

David Milch adapting 'Heavy Rain' game
David Milch is heading into "Heavy Rain," signing to adapt the noir-style videogame with Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne producing through their Unique Features banner.As first reported on Variety.com, "Rain" is being developed via Unique's first-look deal with Warner Bros., which is fast-tracking the project. Milch will start writing "Rain" once he's finished work on the first season of HBO's horse-racing series "Luck," on which he's creator and exec producer.
"Heavy Rain," based on the Sony Computer Entertainment game released last year, spans four days of mystery and centers on the hunt for a murderer known as the Origami Killer. Four characters, each following his own leads and with his own motives, take part in a desperate attempt to prevent the killer from claiming a new victim, with each character's decisions affecting the plans of the other three.
Milch has a big following from his role as creator/exec producer of "NYPD Blue" and "Deadwood." "David Milch's incredible ability to transform intense and complex storylines into gripping, popular drama makes him the perfect partner for us to have on 'Heavy Rain,' " Shaye said.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118030985

I don't see the point since the game is so movie like. Also, the game let's do your 'Choose Your Adventure' style that a movie cannot provide.

I think having David Milch as the screenwriter is a FANTASTIC idea! Just make sure none of the following directors try and get their hands on this film: Uwe Boll, Paul W.S. Anderson (knowing him, he'll end up casting his wife Milla Jovovich as Madison:csad:), and Adrzej Bartkowiak (the guy who directed "Doom" and "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li").

Speaking of directors, I think David Fincher would be a perfect choice to direct this after "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo", especially since he directed "Seven", a movie that Heavy Rain is CLEARLY inspired by at points. As for the main cast, here's my picks:

* Ryan Reynolds as Ethan Mars (if you're not convinced by this choice, then I recommend you go watch "Buried"; the guy KNOWS how to do drama)
* Evangeline Lilly (Kate from "Lost") as Madison Paige
* John Goodman as Scott Shelby (can't think of anyone who resembles what Shelby looks like who could be a better choice, so sorry if you guys don't think that's a good suggestion)
* David Duchovy as Norman Jadyen (He's PERFECT for the role, especially since Norman's appearance, most notably in terms of his face, in the game is a dead ringer for Duchovy)

What do you guys think? Agree or, if not, who would you suggest instead?

i think Eric Bana would be a good Ethan Mars
ethan-mars-heavy-rain-wallpaper-1.jpg

eric_bana_001_041407.jpg

@MOVIELORD101

David Fincher admitted that he was weary of remaking "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" because he even said he's done too many serial killer movies. He's not going to direct 'Heavy Rain' Especially if the game was influenced by ONE of his movies. It would be too *********ory.

Last edited:
I still haven't played Heavy Rain but have been wanting to for some time. From what I've read on it, it sounds like something that would lend itself well to a movie.

^it basically is a movie but what makes it good is its interactiveness not its story per say

I mean, you can always improve on the story with the actual movie, but you can tell that Heavy Rain wears its influences on it's sleeve. Like Max Payne or Left 4 Dead before it.

@MOVIELORD101

David Fincher admitted that he was weary of remaking "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" because he even said he's done too many serial killer movies. He's not going to direct 'Heavy Rain' Especially if the game was influenced by ONE of his movies. It would be too *********ory.

Ah, ****, you're right. My bad. Wasn't trying to be "mastubatory", as you put it, lol. I honesty think he'd be a good pick. Well, since Fincher's a no-go, who else is there? I was going to suggest David Kronenberg, but he'd just try and cram Viggo Mortensen in it as Ethan or do something just as weird (don't get me wrong about Viggo; LOVED him in Lord of the Rings, but everything since....nowhere near as much).

I like the word *********ory.

Most likely, IF THEY'RE SERIOUS, they might go with a newcomer. I've noticed that with 'Snow White and the Huntsman' and 'Godzilla', studios are going with directors with light resumes but with big imaginations. Now those might be bad examples, but I can see them going with a visual director and in most cases, they're either TV commercial, short film, or indie film makers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"