Hellboy 3 - Roger & Lobster

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
I think that in Hellboy 3, if they make it, they finally have to explain Roger and Bring in Lobster Johnson.

I have a theory that makes me think they are heading for this in the second sequel...

Hellboy Vs Lucifer.

Ok the story will start off which Lobster Johnson stopping the rise of Lucifer. He does so but only perspones it, Lobster Johnson either dies in the process or disappears... Years later Hellboy is born and part of B.P.R.D. Im thinking that Lucifer plans to use Hellboy to give him the ability to return back to earth. He will cause Liz to loose control of her powers and so she transfers it to Roger by accident, leaving Liz in a catatonic state and Roger becomes alive. Roger runs off and Hellboy goes after him to bring back Liz's life that he has stolen. Krauss attempts to speak with Liz on a psychic level but instead speaks to Lobster Johnson who fortells Lucifers uprise. So Krauss and Abe go and head towards Hellboy who is being lead into a trap. Hellboy indeed does get caught in a trap and sent to hell. where as Roger remains in the land of the living, he agrees to return the spark to Liz, he does and becomes dorment making Liz non-catatonic, The team then tries to find a way to get to Hell to save Hellboy, however not finding anything useful they soon visited again by Lobster Johnson, who informs them that only a beast can go to the place that lucifer is being held. They realise that the only person who could do this is probably Roger. So using B.P.R.D technology they revive roger, who agrees to go to hell to stop Lucifer and save Hellboy. Roger succeeds in opening the door between the two worlds and they rescue Hellboy, Hellboy fights Lucifer, Hellboy wins... Thee End.

And cast wise...

Lobster Johnson - Played By - William Fichtner
Roger - Played By - Dominic Purcell
Lucifer - Played By - Robert Knepper
And just if they do...
Daimo - Played By - Peter Stormare

Wasnt ment as a prison break reuninion but i think these cast members would be great in the role.

That would make a sick film. Not fimaliar with the hellboy comics. I'll try and see if I can get some. But that sounds like a good storyline.

Well, hellboy 3 is gonna be awhiles away. Ron Perlamna will be in his mid 60's...yesh...Good thing he'll be wearing layers of makeup.

Read - Lobster Johnson The Iron Promethus Graphic Novel, Hellboy - Wake The Devil Graphic Novel and B.P.R.D - Killing Ground Graphic Novel... all by Dark Horse. This is where most of this theory is based.

Would love the introduction of Roger, possibly my favourite BPRD character, and Dominic Purcell would be a good choice to play him, though not sure he has the emotional range. But GDT said he would never use him in a HB movie, not to mention your storyling, while good, doesnt follow the first 2 movies at all.

Nice article... Hellboy II was incredibly disapointing, so the third would have to work hard to fix that. Didn't del Toro also wanted Hellboy to fight all the classic monsters?

Also, was it just fanboy casting or did Guillermo say that he would like Bruce Campbell to play Lobster?

i just didn't like the tone that Del Toro had for the films. I don't mind humor at all, but I also thought it was too lighthearted. I thought it needed an edge to the humor, like what the comic books had. The visuals were great though.

3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lobster Johnson!!!!!!!!!! Love to see him on film some day.

i just didn't like the tone that Del Toro had for the films. I don't mind humor at all, but I also thought it was too lighthearted. I thought it needed an edge to the humor, like what the comic books had. The visuals were great though.

I agree. I loved the first movie but the second one was a little to slap stick and looney tunes for my liking.

The first movie captures the spirit of the comic, it just felt like it. The second one felt too much like Hellboy meets Pans Labyrinth.

No way, I loved both films. They were both artistically beautiful, action-packed, entertaining, and suspenseful.

The first movie captures the spirit of the comic, it just felt like it. The second one felt too much like Hellboy meets Pans Labyrinth.

after reading the article, it feels like Migola has mixed feelings on the story (not quality) for the sequel though he supports Del Toro.

It did become something..else with the sequel ala Burton making Batman Returns more 'Burton'.

First one was way better than the second because it was a little bit 'darker'.

I mean the guys name is Hell Boy, make the spidermans etc light hearted.

Nice article... Hellboy II was incredibly disapointing, so the third would have to work hard to fix that. Didn't del Toro also wanted Hellboy to fight all the classic monsters?

Also, was it just fanboy casting or did Guillermo say that he would like Bruce Campbell to play Lobster?

Interesting...I felt II was the best in the series so far.

So Mike Mignola finally will make an appearance, eh? Lobster Johnson is really him in disguise. :wink:

Mignola is in the first HB movie, on the streets during Halloween in a suit of armor, GdT is the Dragon.

GdT already has a story in mind for HB3 - if it ever gets made. The Angel of Death scene dropped hints about it in HB2.

I know. I was joking because Lobster Johnson looks like Mike with goggles and a raincoat.

Personally, I found the 2nd to be slightly better than the 1st, and both were quite faithful in their own little ways. Although Mignola's work tends to lend itself more to horror, it does have plenty of fantasy elements as well, which the 2nd movie was quite faithful too.

I REALLY do hope we get Hellboy 3 down the line, last interview with GDT that they asked about it was in Total Film, and he didnt sound too optimistic about it.

What will it be, child? The World...or Him?

^I just hope the movie happens for one, we'll have to see after The Hobbit I guess, but at the moment I aint too optimistic.

From Deadline:
Del Toro Leaves 'The Hobbit' As Helmer; Peter Jackson Won't Retake Directing Reins
MIKE FLEMING said:
The development is good news for Universal, whose executives were initially fuming after they made a deal to establish del Toro as a major supplier of tent poles, only to watch him commit five years to The Hobbit. Del Toro can return to such projects as Frankenstein, HP Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness, Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five and the Dan Simmons novel Drood. In addition, del Toro is working on the second and third installments of The Strain, a terrific series of vampire novels he's writing with Chuck Hogan, which absolutely begs for a movie transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"