Hellboy Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen

pixen

Sidekick
Reaction score
Since Hellboy 3 isn't happening and this will have no relation to the Del Toro series, I thought it'd be best to start a new thread and have the discussion for it be in here.

'Hellboy' Reboot in the Works With 'Stranger Things' Star David Harbour

Millennium is in negotiations with producers Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin for a new installment.
Hellboy, the demonic comic book hero turned Guillermo del Toro film franchise, is poised to return to the big screen, this time without the filmmaker at the helm.

Millennium is in negotiations with producers Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin for a new installment that would reboot and relaunch the property. Mike Richardson of Dark Horse Entertainment is also producing.

Neil Marshall, the horror director who broke out with The Descent and won raves for his work on Game of Thrones, is attached to direct the project, which has a working title of Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen and has a script by Andrew Cosby, Christopher Golden and Hellboy creator Mike Mignola.

Del Toro is not involved, nor is Ron Perlman, the actor who inhabited the red-skinned, cigar-chomping devil in the two previous installments.

Rather, David Harbour, the Stranger Things star, is in talks to play Hellboy.

latest

Last edited:
Working title makes me think it's to do with some variation of Elizabeth Bathory.

Yeah, Bathory came to mind when I heard the working title. Who else? :p

Is it going to be R-rated?

Oh my gosh is that title about periods?!

While GDT's HB movies were beautiful, I think Neil Marshall can bring a different kind of color palette to the reboot.

And that is, the heavy use of shadows, and contrasting it with the bright yellows and reds.

What they need to do is, make it into a 'team on a mission' with maybe a brief prologue explaining Hellboy himself, or just mention it throughout the film.

Oh yeah, Lizzie Caplan for Liz? :)

Tobe Kebell for Abe.

I don't know..Jeremy Irons for Broom?

Lizzie Caplan as Liz is a great idea.

Neil Marshall hopefully brings his regulars Toby Stephens, Sean Pertwee and Liam Cunningham on board.

He's done one of the best Werewolf movies of all time with Dog Soldiers, I could only imagine how he might potentially handle Vampires.

What they need to do is, make it into a 'team on a mission' with maybe a brief prologue explaining Hellboy himself, or just mention it throughout the film.

Oh yeah, Lizzie Caplan for Liz? :)

Tobe Kebell for Abe.

I don't know..Jeremy Irons for Broom?
You know what, I was thinking about Lizzy Caplan as Liz too. I was imagining her in the role for quite a while.

Lizzy+Caplan+Zooey+Deschanel+Set+LA+DVcD8aSFEQvl.jpg

Millennium Films usually do R rated films. I'm not concerned about that.

I wonder how much they're willing to spend on a R-rated Hellboy movie. Given current popularity of the genre and curiosity towards R-rated stuff...

I'm not familiar with them, but they're working with Mignola on the story, so that's a positive.

Millenium garbage? No, thank you. Good bye.

The grosses of the old ones simply don't justify anything big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"