Helldivers

Benstamania

Go away.
Reaction score
So pumped for this game!

LEAD_Hell-483x297.jpg

[YT]XT2SktfQV14[/YT]

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/15/you-probably-wont-survive-playstations-helldivers

As the weather clears up, we tend to break out our list of items well-suited for summer. Namely, we like to cruise in drop-tops and play top-down shooters once the sun is out and the temperature rises, and a recent PlayStation Blog post noted that Arrowhead's Helldivers will be one of those two to toy with in the sun (as a game, not a car).

The multiplayer-focused, twin-stick action game will debut this summer for PS4, PS3 and Vita after it was first announced at Gamescom in August. Players on those three systems can come together in online cooperative missions to tear apart procedurally-generated levels thanks to its Cross-Save and Cross-Play support. Arrowhead locked in friendly fire for Helldivers however, so the term "cooperative" gets an extra point of emphasis for the game. There's still no word on whether Helldivers will be Cross-Buy-eligible, though.

-Joystiq

PlayStation 4
Helldivers PS4 retail release due out in August
Published 2 hours ago. 2 comments.
Also includes PS3 and PS Vita digital versions.

Helldivers, Sony Computer Entertainment and Arrowhead Studios’ March-launched PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita downloadable top-down shooter, will launch in a physical edition for PlayStation 4 at select retailers in North America on August 18 and in Europe on August 26, Sony announced.
The PlayStation 4 retail version is called Helldivers: Super-Earth Ultimate Edition and includes:

• Helldivers PS4 Game on Blu-ray
  • Helldivers PS3 and PS Vita digital games
  • Helldivers Turning Up the Heart and Masters of the Galaxy Expansions
  • 11 DLC packs + bonus weapons pack + PS4 Dynamic Theme
The Super-Earth Ultimate Edition will also be available across all versions via download on the PlayStation Store.
If you already own Helldivers, the “Masters of the Galaxy” expansion included with the Super-Earth Ultimate Edition is actually a free, content update available today. It includes:

• New Trophies
  • New Bug “Hive Lord” Enemy Master
  • New Cyborg “Siege Mech” Enemy Master
  • New Illuminate “Great Eye” Enemy Master
For more information on downloadable content bundles and such, check the PlayStation Blog.
Watch a trailer for “Masters of the Galaxy” below.

[YT]bV-H3pC1oHA[/YT]
Read More

PlayStation 4, Arrowhead Studios, Clips, Helldivers, Release Dates, SCE, SCEA, SCEE, Trailers
source: Gematsu

PC
Helldivers coming to PC via Steam in December
Published 7 hours ago. 52 comments.
PlayStation Mobile, Inc's first game published on Steam.

Helldivers-Ann-PC-Steam.jpg

Sony Computer Entertainment and Arrowhead Studios are bringing Helldivers, previously launched for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita, to PC via Steam in December. It will be the first game published on Steam by PlayStation Mobile, Inc.
Here’s the rundown:

About
Helldiversis a hardcore, cooperative, twin stick shooter from the creators of Magicka. As part of the elite unit called the HELLDIVERS, players must work together to protect SUPER EARTH and defeat the enemies of mankind in an intense intergalactic war.

Features

• Includes Masters Of The Galaxy, Turning Up The Heat and Democracy Strikes Back expansions.
  • Up to 4 player local and online co-op multiplayer on Steam.
  • Full friendly fire – “accidentally” kill your friends, again.
  • Rise through the ranks and call in devastating military support
  • Community-driven galactic campaign.
  • Non-linear mission structure.
  • Procedurally generated levels – the universe is a large place.
  • 100+ hours of gameplay
Visit the game’s Steam page here.

Read More

PC, Arrowhead Studios, Game Announce, Helldivers, PlayStation Mobile, SCE

source: Gematsu

It’s doing well, even more so with the simultaneous pc launch. Looks pretty good to me too. Double-edged sword though as too many successful GAAS launches will probably encourage Sony to double down on that strategy.

Counter strike 2 has been surpassed!
Depending on the time of day, concurrent player count can differ. In this case, H2 beat CS2 during a time when many CS2 players aren't playing.

When it comes to 24-hour peaks, CS2 is still more popular with over 1M players.

Depending on the time of day, concurrent player count can differ. In this case, H2 beat CS2 during a time when many CS2 players aren't playing.

When it comes to 24-hour peaks, CS2 is still more popular with over 1M players.
Ohhhhhh I see. So it's a bit a flimsy metric to measure popularity since it'll be constantly fluctuating.

I didn't play the first game but I gotta say, all of this good publicity is making me wanna give it a shot

Last edited:
It’s doing well, even more so with the simultaneous pc launch. Looks pretty good to me too. Double-edged sword though as too many successful GAAS launches will probably encourage Sony to double down on that strategy.
Just a few months ago, there was that controversy with Bungie and how Sony was having trouble with GAAS. Is that what Helldiver's 2 is? I thought it was just a 3rd person online multiplayer game.

One of the things I see that a lot of people like about it is that it's not loaded with micro transactions which is something GAAS are notorious for

Just a few months ago, there was that controversy with Bungie and how Sony was having trouble with GAAS. Is that what Helldiver's 2 is? I thought it was just a 3rd person online multiplayer game.

One of the things I see that a lot of people like about it is that it's not loaded with micro transactions which is something GAAS are notorious for
Yes it's GAAS and a good one. It's a double-edged sword as I mentioned somewhere before as this is a massive success beyond Sony's expectations and is only going to make them even more emboldened in pursuing this direction. If the game wants to hang around long term and keep paying its future ongoing costs, microtransactions or other monetisation are likely to come at some point. For now it's fine as it's not free-to-play.

Ohhhhhh I see. So it's a bit a flimsy metric to measure popularity since it'll be constantly fluctuating.

I didn't play the first game but I gotta say, all of this good publicity is making me wanna give it a shot
I think it's a good metric. Just need to know how to interpret it as CS is more than a decade old while Palworld and Helldivers 2 are new games enjoying their initial hype vs CS's maintenance level without hype so much later. CS is so huge that it's massive even for new games to get anywhere close to CS's normal play numbers.

Yes it's GAAS and a good one. It's a double-edged sword as I mentioned somewhere before as this is a massive success beyond Sony's expectations and is only going to make them even more emboldened in pursuing this direction. If the game wants to hang around long term and keep paying its future ongoing costs, microtransactions or other monetisation are likely to come at some point. For now it's fine as it's not free-to-play.
Oh I see. Well, PlayStation doesn't have a new leader yet, so I really hope they don't ruin the new good thing going for them right now which is Helldivers 2 and just reduce it to another run of the mill GAAS chalk dull of micro transactions.

In fact, Sony hasn't even had their own successful multiplayer game like, ever. Helldivers 2, and the new interest in the Helldiver's IP could be the start of some new and great for them.
I think it's a good metric. Just need to know how to interpret it as CS is more than a decade old while Palworld and Helldivers 2 are new games enjoying their initial hype vs CS's maintenance level without hype so much later. CS is so huge that it's massive even for new games to get anywhere close to CS's normal play numbers.
Ah I see. So CS having the longevity is how it's basically setting the bar for games to measure up to. I'm guessing CS itself has been getting constant updates over the years to remain modern and consistent, then?

So if a CS sequel comes out, that'd probably break all the records all over again on PC?

Oh I see. Well, PlayStation doesn't have a new leader yet, so I really hope they don't ruin the new good thing going for them right now which is Helldivers 2 and just reduce it to another run of the mill GAAS chalk dull of micro transactions.

In fact, Sony hasn't even had their own successful multiplayer game like, ever. Helldivers 2, and the new interest in the Helldiver's IP could be the start of some new and great for them.

Ah I see. So CS having the longevity is how it's basically setting the bar for games to measure up to. I'm guessing CS itself has been getting constant updates over the years to remain modern and consistent, then?

So if a CS sequel comes out, that'd probably break all the records all over again on PC?
Helldivers 2 has had a great start. It looks like a good game. Long term they will have to keep adapting and adding content to it to survive for years. They will need to make money beyond the purchase price but there are ways to do that which can work with gamer’s interests and while promoting continuous improvements in the game. Hopefully they have good management who know how to handle this well.

I’m no expert on this, but it seems like CS keeps getting new stuff, much of which is user generated. Its huge popularity over such a long time is crazy impressive. Yeah, I’m sure it would be one of the biggest pc releases ever.

Helldivers 2 has had a great start. It looks like a good game. Long term they will have to keep adapting and adding content to it to survive for years. They will need to make money beyond the purchase price but there are ways to do that which can work with gamer’s interests and while promoting continuous improvements in the game. Hopefully they have good management who know how to handle this well.

I’m no expert on this, but it seems like CS keeps getting new stuff, much of which is user generated. Its huge popularity over such a long time is crazy impressive. Yeah, I’m sure it would be one of the biggest pc releases ever.
I feel kinda dumb for asking this, but what do you mean by CS in this case?

I gotta admit, I want to jump in with all of the hype that HD2 has so far, but then I remembered that I will need to reup my Ps+ to play it and they raised the price of it to $80 last year! Makes me really miss the days of Ps3 where playing online was free, AND one of the best things about playstation

I feel kinda dumb for asking this, but what do you mean by CS in this case?

I gotta admit, I want to jump in with all of the hype that HD2 has so far, but then I remembered that I will need to reup my Ps+ to play it and they raised the price of it to $80 last year! Makes me really miss the days of Ps3 where playing online was free, AND one of the best things about playstation
Counter-Strike 2 :D

Yeah, definitely one disadvantage of PS/Xbox over pc.

Counter-Strike 2 :D

Yeah, definitely one disadvantage of PS/Xbox over pc.
HUGE disadvantage at that. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who used to game more on playstation but is now more so a PC guy and he kept telling me about how it's so much better to be a PC gamer. I can see there are clearly advantages there but it's not worth the hassle for me to make the transition over.

I was a PC gamer once, and the truth is I just didn't enjoy it as much as being a console gamer. I like having my computer separate from my gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"