Helldivers

HUGE disadvantage at that. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who used to game more on playstation but is now more so a PC guy and he kept telling me about how it's so much better to be a PC gamer. I can see there are clearly advantages there but it's not worth the hassle for me to make the transition over.

I was a PC gamer once, and the truth is I just didn't enjoy it as much as being a console gamer. I like having my computer separate from my gaming.
For me the advantages have really gone through the roof recently. PC performance is finally pushing to greater heights way beyond console and now they are likely to be getting all console exclusives (apart from Nintendo) at launch within a few years. The rigs cost a lot but for many building and upgrading it is part of the appeal of pc, and the expense partially offset with cheaper games and free online.

For me the advantages have really gone through the roof recently. PC performance is finally pushing to greater heights way beyond console and now they are likely to be getting all console exclusives (apart from Nintendo) at launch within a few years. The rigs cost a lot but for many building and upgrading it is part of the appeal of pc, and the expense partially offset with cheaper games and free online.
let me ask you something: in your home, is your PC setup in a dedicated gaming room or in the living room? I know it's possible to have your PC setup in a living room but I find most people don't really do that. and I'd also rather have my gaming experience in the living room instead of a separate gaming room because I would want a bigger screen especially with house parties and multiple people around to do couch co-op. that's some of most fun times I have playing video games

Last edited:
let me ask you something: in your home, is your PC setup in dedicated gaming room or in the living room? I know it's possible to have your PC setup in a living room but I find most people don't really do that. and I'd also rather have my gaming experience in the living room instead of a separate gaming room because I would want a bigger screen especially with house parties and multiple people around to do couch co-op. that's some of most fun times I have playing video games
Yes, in the lounge. I use the same one for work, and it connects to multiple TVs for multi-screen output (main is a 75 inch) and a home theatre system. I play games mostly from the cross trainer (elliptical machine) with a controller or if a RTS/keyboard and mouse game then standing facing the TV. The couch is only really for if people come over. Console is good for playing all over the house though (including bedroom like now lol).

Yes, in the lounge. I use the same one for work, and it connects to multiple TVs for multi-screen output (main is a 75 inch) and a home theatre system. I play games mostly from the cross trainer (elliptical machine) with a controller or if a RTS/keyboard and mouse game then standing facing the TV. The couch is only really for if people come over. Console is good for playing all over the house though (including bedroom like now lol).
if I had a lounge room in my house then things would be a little bit different. I suppose I could turn my basement into one, one day :hmm:

when we first moved to this house, I used to play the Ps5 in my wife's office, on one of her work monitors which is actually quite good for gaming. very little to no noticeable input lag, and 1440p resolution. but then we bought the LG G3 and I decided that I wanted to be in the living room when playing. the Ps5 is a good looking centerpiece on the shelf too. I don't know how a gaming PC would look there alternatively, and how often it would have to be moved for upgrades.

I just bought the game! I didn't reup on psplus, though. my sister in law has it so I'll just play it on her Ps5 when my copy arrives in the mail.

Yes, big fan. I’m sure that is part of the appeal for a bunch of players.
I think you would like it then, Iceman! I feel like I have found my go to multiplayer game. However...I gotta admit last night, it took me a while just to get through the tutorial. I feel kinda like an old man now. Although, it was right after work and the TV I was playing on was an old, 1080p VIZIO. I dunno how my sister in law gets her Fortnite fix on it.

I think you would like it then, Iceman! I feel like I have found my go to multiplayer game. However...I gotta admit last night, it took me a while just to get through the tutorial. I feel kinda like an old man now. Although, it was right after work and the TV I was playing on was an old, 1080p VIZIO. I dunno how my sister in law gets her Fortnite fix on it.
I'm too busy right now to start any ongoing games like this but I will certainly try it one day. I like what I've seen so far. Also have a good friend playing it on pc.

Haha yes, I'm like that with new games that introduce mechanics I'm not used to. Can't be bothered to take too long learning it all before getting into the game.

I'm too busy right now to start any ongoing games like this but I will certainly try it one day. I like what I've seen so far. Also have a good friend playing it on pc.
oh, yeah. I know that with the time that I have at my disposal, it is very limited anyway. but I'm happy to know that I finally have something to replace CoD after 15 some odd years

I've never seen starship troopers, just like I've never seen the whole Star Wars series but I totally get the whole "freedom! democracy" satirical angle that the game has in its tone. so if you've seen it, you'll probably really appreciate it
Haha yes, I'm like that with new games that introduce mechanics I'm not used to. Can't be bothered to take too long learning it all before getting into the game.
I hope that's all it is for me, just about getting used to new mechanics and all that. you know the saying "can't teach an old dog new tricks" I hope I am not an old dog already

oh, yeah. I know that with the time that I have at my disposal, it is very limited anyway. but I'm happy to know that I finally have something to replace CoD after 15 some odd years

I've never seen starship troopers, just like I've never seen the whole Star Wars series but I totally get the whole "freedom! democracy" satirical angle that the game has in its tone. so if you've seen it, you'll probably really appreciate it
I'm not sure this would have the same appeal as arena shooters for me, but I can definitely see myself enjoying the gameplay loop. It feels like the kind of game I'd want to play every so often (rather than all-out binge) and stay linked with as it goes through further updates and new content.

Check it out if you get a chance one day. A vital part of human history/culture. :D

I hope that's all it is for me, just about getting used to new mechanics and all that. you know the saying "can't teach an old dog new tricks" I hope I am not an old dog already
:funny: I'm mid 40s so I can claim that one.

I'm not sure this would have the same appeal as arena shooters for me, but I can definitely see myself enjoying the gameplay loop. It feels like the kind of game I'd want to play every so often (rather than all-out binge) and stay linked with as it goes through further updates and new content.
what do we consider "arena shooters"? is that the kind of game where you and a squad fight wave after wave of enemies?
Check it out if you get a chance one day. A vital part of human history/culture. :D
oh, yeah. I heard it was heavily criticized when it first released because of its fascism & propaganda, but it's probably still worth a watch. I'll checkout what streaming service it's available on.
:funny: I'm mid 40s so I can claim that one.
nah man, from how active you are on this forum and the way you talk about video games, you definitely just as savvy as the next gamer. people like me on the other hand are getting left behind. I gotta learn to carve out minutes to at least half an hour to keep up, haha

what do we consider "arena shooters"? is that the kind of game where you and a squad fight wave after wave of enemies?

oh, yeah. I heard it was heavily criticized when it first released because of its fascism & propaganda, but it's probably still worth a watch. I'll checkout what streaming service it's available on.

nah man, from how active you are on this forum and the way you talk about video games, you definitely just as savvy as the next gamer. people like me on the other hand are getting left behind. I gotta learn to carve out minutes to at least half an hour to keep up, haha
That I'd call a Horde mode assuming you mean AI (non player) enemies. I meant specifically PVP modes with enclosed maps like CoD, Halo, Gears, Doom etc multiplayer. Those will always hold some appeal for me even if they go further out of fashion.

I wouldn't be surprised but I was barely on the internet at the time it came out so wouldn't really know.

Haha, I still love games as much as I ever did. But I don't have the skills/reactions of the young gamers anymore. :D

That I'd call a Horde mode assuming you mean AI (non player) enemies. I meant specifically PVP modes with enclosed maps like CoD, Halo, Gears, Doom etc multiplayer. Those will always hold some appeal for me even if they go further out of fashion.
oh I see. you're right, what I described absolutely is horde mode. and by arena shooters, it sounds like you were talking about the traditional team deathmatch type modes
I wouldn't be surprised but I was barely on the internet at the time it came out so wouldn't really know.
neither was I haha I was just a kid back then. I was just going off of what wikipedia said.
Haha, I still love games as much as I ever did. But I don't have the skills/reactions of the young gamers anymore. :D
hey, don't sell yourself short, man. the last CoD I played was 2022's MW2, and I had some of the BEST matches of my whole gamer life there. too bad I don't have much of it on Youtube though. I guess I should just tell myself that once I just try Helldivers 2 out enough I will get the hang of it.

how complicated can it be?

oh I see. you're right, what I described absolutely is horde mode. and by arena shooters, it sounds like you were talking about the traditional team deathmatch type modes

neither was I haha I was just a kid back then. I was just going off of what wikipedia said.

hey, don't sell yourself short, man. the last CoD I played was 2022's MW2, and I had some of the BEST matches of my whole gamer life there. too bad I don't have much of it on Youtube though. I guess I should just tell myself that once I just try Helldivers 2 out enough I will get the hang of it.

how complicated can it be?
Yes exactly, and all these games have a different appeal to me and one can’t replace the other.

I like getting right into games learning one new mechanic at a time rather than 10 and getting to use it and get used to it for a bunch of time during legit gameplay rather than in the confines of a tutorial (where I forget 90% of it by the time I start the game and am just itching to start the proper game).

Yes exactly, and all these games have a different appeal to me and one can’t replace the other.

I like getting right into games learning one new mechanic at a time rather than 10 and getting to use it and get used to it for a bunch of time during legit gameplay rather than in the confines of a tutorial (where I forget 90% of it by the time I start the game and am just itching to start the proper game).
I'm with you, man. 100%. I will play single player games a lot but I like having a multiplayer to hop onto for different types of enjoyment, you know? And I don't need 10 of those, like you said. I just need one that I can invest my time and skills into so that I can get into my groove with it.

the bestselling game of the UK last month!

I convinced my buddy to get the game too, and it was quite fun playing together last night. it reminded a little of the Resistance series on Ps3, because I did a lot of cooperative multiplayer back then.

my buddy's got a buddy who has a PC, so maybe he'll convince him to get the game too. the more the merrier!

The company rumoured to be acquired always denies it regardless of what the truth is. That said, if in reality they were open to it, this is one dev that Sony should jump on.
it would certainly make sense. Arrowhead has a long history of working with Sony, but right now since the latter owns the Helldivers IP, their partnership works out fine even without an acquisition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"