Season 3, Episode 1 Discussion

samsnee

Ok
Reaction score
So what does everyone think of what we know so far about the premiere? Below is a complete description:

Personally,
Nathan's "preacher" storyline doesn't sound good, though if it involves Linderman, it could be interesting

"4 Years in the Future" Future Claire is holding a gun to Future Peter. Peter is begging Claire to let him go back to "The day they all found out" Claire shoots a bullet at peter and he stops time and merely steps out of the way.

We're now in present day!

"Chapter One: The Second Coming"

FUTURE Peter puts on a black trentcoat and walks into the press briefing at the end of Generations. And SHOOTS Nathan! Matt and some officers chase after Future Peter.

Cut away to Claire's house. Claire sees the news footage and calls Peter to ask if he needs her blood to save Nathan.

Cut to a hospital. Hospital workers are working feverishly to save Nathan. Present Peter has been at Nathan's side this whole time. A doctor comes into the waiting room and tells Peter "I'm sorry." Peter is now visiting Nathan who is apparently dead on the operating table. Nathan SPRINGS up out of bed after Peter touches him.

Opening credits!

Now we're with Hiro. He's in his father's old office messing with an old clock (making it spin in circles) Ando walks in. Hiro's wondering wht's next for him. He's bored at Yamagato. Hiro's father has left him a DVD message "About his Destiny"

We're now with Claire. She's playing with Mr. Muggles, and opens her door. SYLAR is there!

Sylar "I want what you have" Claire DECKS Sylar with a trophy and tries to make an escape but all of her doors are closing & locking via TK. Claire grabs a knife to defend herself. She's alone with Sylar in her kitchen. He's showing up in reflections behind her. There's a scuffle and the scene is cut short.

We're now in Mohinder's apartment. Maya is scared, standing next to the door holding something heavy while someone tries to enter. Mohinder walks in, Maya swings and misses, but realizes who it is. They're talking about her power. And how the adrenal gland is linked to everyone's power. "Everyone's stress levels affect their powers."

Hiro begins watching the DVD of his father. "You have a sacred duty. It is in my personal safe. In the wrong hands this secret could destroy the world. It is now your duty..... to NEVER open the safe." Hiro (of course) opens the safe out of curiosity. Hiro scans his thumb print and the door opens. Inside is a manila envelope. "Pres Play" It's another DVD. When Hiro plays it it's his father, "I told you NEVER to open the safe! The only one who can safeguard the Heroes is one with pure blood." Inside the envelope is a very detailed chemical chart. Hiro looks at it for a second and a rush of wind comes through the room. The chart is gone. Hiro stops time and there is a trail of "sound waves" left from our "Speedster" Daphne. Daphne decks Hiro and speeds away.

We're now with Peter, he's rifling around the evidence room. Matt walks in holding the gun with HIS fingerprints on it. Matt is trying to read peter's mind and all we get is feedback. Peter morphs into future peter and pushes Matt out of the room with TK. Taking the gun with him.

End of Act 2

Nathan wakes up in his hospital room, Peter is walking into the hospital. By the time peter gets to his room nathan is gone.Nathan walks into a church. "I saw God today. I was dead and he gave me another change. And now I know the reason I'm here. To do great things. To do his bidding." Peter is in the church, ready to "finish" Nathan off. Nathan gives a statement about how "we are all connected" all about destiny and fate. Peter changes his mind once Nathan breaks down and starts crying.

We're now back with Mohinder and Maya. They're looking at the results of his tests on Maya's blood. He's made a vial that could potentially "give" powers to anyone.

We're back at Claire's with Sylar. She's locked herself in a closet and Sylar can't get to her. Sylar's found some files of villains at level 5. While he's distracted claire comes up behind him and stabs him in the chest. This doesn't phase him. He pins claire against a wall and cuts off the top of her head. Sylar is rifling through Claire's brain, she's sill conscious and they're holding a conversation!

Claire "What are you doing"

Sylar "I'm looking for answers before I bleed to death"

Claire "Are you going to eat my brain"

Sylar "Claire, that's disgusting!"

Sylar finds her ability. Claire is still amazingly alive. He pulls the knife out of his chest. It begins to HEAL! Claire apparently dies when he finds her ability. Sylar begins to walk out but sees the top of her head. He puts it back on her and she comes back!

Claire "Aren't you going to kill me"

Sylar "You aren't like the others. You're different, you're special, I couldn't kill you even if I wanted to. You can never die. And now I guess, neither can I"

We're back with Mohinder and Maya -- Maya wants mohinder to destroy the vial. She's afraid of what powers would manifest in random people. Mohinder is excited about the possibilities of the vial. Of course -- because HE wants powers!

We're back with Nathan. Peter has brought him back to his hospital room. Nathan is having delusions of grandeur. "We could be Angels, all here to do God's bidding."

Peter "I don't expect you to understand what I did to you, but I hope some day you'll forgive me"

He leaves.

A voice comes out from the corner of the room when Peter leaves.

"Life is funny, Isn't is Nathan."

IT'S LINDERMAN! ALIVE!

Linderman healed Nathan. "We're meant to do great things. Great things, Nathan"

We jump to a quick scene with Niki/Jessica and a Governor. They chat about Nathan.

Now we jump to a scene of a Desert. It's Matt! He's stranded in a desert thanks to Peter.

Now we're with Hiro and Ando - Hiro and Ando talk about Daphne. Ando says that Hiro needs to go to the past to find out why she wants their secrets. Hiro says he'll go to the future instead. We see a quick scene with Future Hiro and Future Ando.

Future Ando and Hiro have an argument. Future Ando strikes future Hiro down with a red energy blast! Ando has a power! Present Hiro runs around the corner and sees an apocalyptic vision of Tokyo being destroyed. We're now back with Mohinder. He's about to throw the vial in the Harbor. He changes his mind at the last second and INJECTS himself! He quickly collapses.

We're now with Nathan. Angela is now by his side! Angela talks to peter. Her ability is indeed the "Dreams" he used to have.

Angela and Future Peter are now arguing.

Angela "What did you do with my son?"

Future Peter "Somewhere safe."

We're not in Level 5, Mohinder's monologue begins. Several prisoners are yelling "I'm Peter Petrelli!" Mr. Bennet is also in level 5! Matt is walking through the desert and sees a painting on a rock of the world exploding. Linderman stands over Nathan. Niki looks as if she's plotting something. Thieves find Mohiner lying on the ground and try to rob him at the harbor. Mohinder grabs their gun and bends it backwards. Super Strength! Mohinder looks at his hands and the camera pans to the Mural of the world exploding.

"To Be Continued..."

that sounds really epic but sumthin about Sylar finally getting Claires powers irks me ya know it kinda totally undos the whole save the cheerleader save the world thing

ya that was the most shocking part. Having Sylar finally get Claires power takes away from the fear that she had of him plus S1 of him wanting to get to her so badly. Plus the baddest thing? He doesnt even have to kill her to gain her power.

But the rest sounds good and cant wait to see it.

Plus having Sylar be even more unkillable takes a little bit away from his "threat" factor.

Yeah, but it sounds like they're making Sylar TOO powerful, and eventually they'll run into the same problems as they have with Peter. If they can win any fight, it gets boring.

Yeah, but it sounds like they're making Sylar TOO powerful, and eventually they'll run into the same problems as they have with Peter. If they can win any fight, it gets boring.

then they must fight each other:woot:

I'd love a fight between the two, Peter and Syler. Err um some thing tells me Nathan is going to get that God like thing that Adam and Linderman had becuase of what Linderman is doing.

I hope Present Peter saves Future Peter, I think he's the only one who can, just needs to read the guy's mind. I'm glad Peters back in the main storyline with the others. Also its really starting to seem like 5 Years Gone, with Syler stealing her powers and Future Peter still gaing the scar. Doesn't sound like we find out how this Future peter gets it, so maybe present Peter gets it soon some how. Poor Matt though LOL.

I don't like Sylar getting Claire's power. He was already so, so formidable. Most of the characters on this show have powers, and are potential targets for Sylar. And he could absolutely kill most of the characters on this show. As a result, it limits who he can spend time with on screen and in what context those interactions can be. To go that extra step and make it even harder for someone to injure him is bad, in my opinion. Plus, I am a little put off by him allowing her to live. I mean, he wanted all the specials dead in "Five Years Gone." Why would he allow another regenerator to live? Doesn't that make him feel less special?

I don't really know how I feel about the power serum Mohinder created. I really hope it's temporary for him. I like Mohinder without powers. He's the brainy scientist ally, not the superhero. I get the feeling that they will have to prevent the powers and the power serum from going public. That much power in everyone's hand could spell disaster for the world.

I hope Nathan's religious conversion isn't too overbearing. I think it could be done well as long as Nathan doesn't turn into some kind of zelaot for the cause or whatever it is he is thinking. I hope it's more nuanced than that.

"The only one who can safeguard the Heroes is one with pure blood." What does that mean? It sounds too mystical. Which makes sense, I guess, since the title of the episode is "The Second Coming." That phrase is loaded with supernatural ideas.

The Peter/FuturePeter thing sounds confusing in some reports.

I don't like it at all, too many clichés, cheesy dialogues, paradoxes of future Pete & co. messing with the present, "bad" Pete, even "bad" Ando! Come on, give me a break! What is this, the "who's bad show".... the "I want more power so I turn bad", this is getting worse and worse.

I actually like it Im just excited cuz i didnt get to see any of season 2 so Im reallly looking forward to getting back into heroes this year

Wait, so Sylar gets Claire's power, lops off her skull, puts it back, and she's still alive? Lame.

whoa, wth:

- [BLACKOUT]Linderman [/BLACKOUT] is back. i thought we saw the last of him. I'm guessing that Adam [BLACKOUT]healed[/BLACKOUT] him.
- Ando and Mohinder have [BLACKOUT]powers[/BLACKOUT], seems unnecessary, but i hope it leads to something good.
- sylar doesn't kill [BLACKOUT]claire, after acquiring her powers. i'm guessing he's afraid he might lose his powers again and wants to keep her alive[/BLACKOUT]...just in case.

I agree they are making him too powerful. Its same with Peter. In alot of situations Peter seems to forget he has all these different powers.

WOW!! This premiere sounds amazing!

It's great that they finally explained where the powers manifest from. Not from the DNA, but from the adrenal glands. That actually makes a lot more sense then it just being random DNA.

So that means everyone has the potential to be a "super" but not everyone can manifest it.

Just give everyone super powers and be done with it.

Have we actually got any ref for this? if not it seems far too detailed to be true, as there is no way in hell this much info would be leaked.:o

Have we actually got any ref for this? if not it seems far too detailed to be true, as there is no way in hell this much info would be leaked.:o

It's true. The entire premiere episode was shown at Comic-Con.

It is all true..i was at the panel and saw the premiere. I enjoyed it

Sylar is a killer by necessity. He isnt out to kill every person that crosses his path. If a certain person can survive, well hell give them a break. A major problem with the powers like Peter and Sylar is not the powers themselves but the fact that they were never in fights with others with abilities.

It was usually
Peter/sylar vs man with gun/sword

Frankly its like superman taking on grunts.

Now with the Villains, maybe we will finally see flight vs SSpeed or invulnerability vs radioactive attacks(not a meltdown). The problem with invulnerability is that while you heal quickly, they are still as weak as any other humans body(though they'll be immune to most of the pain, but breaking bones will give you enough advantage to finish the job).

Super-Serum worries me.

If they give HRG powers I'm going to stop watching the damn show.

but so far the only heroes we have seen who can stand in a fight are Peter, Hiro, Niki, and Elle. All the other ones wouldnt stand that much of a chance against Sylar or I doubt any other villan they come into contact with.

Super-Serum worries me.

If they give HRG powers I'm going to stop watching the damn show.

Mo taking that serum probably won't end well, as evidenced by Maya's reaction towards it, calling it a curse. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. As cliched as it is, it'll probably end up happening.

We've already seen what happens to people's heads when they amass too much power, ie Sylar.

I'm just glad to hear they didn't whack Nathan.

Although this religious delusion stuff sounds a little too Poor-Man's-Gaius-Baltar-Craziness. I hope it doesn't last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"