Hey Matt, are you still listening to Air America?

There is prayer in schools, you idiot. It just can't be teacher-led. Students can pray anytime they want to.

The pledge should be voluntary, and should be changed back to the pre-Cold War pledge.

The war on drugs has done nothing except help the drug trade to grow. Drug cartels hire former Navy SEALS since no one else wants to hire a walking lethal weapon.

Matt said:
Hey Jonty, is it me or does that offer seem almost too good to be true? Will Petro-Canada be taking a cut of your profits? I would read your franchise agreement very very carefully to make sure you aren't getting screwed some how.

They do take a cut, but they also share in the expenses and so it's a reasonably fair deal, even if it means that I'm simply buying a job.

I need $9,000 to start out with and they loan me the rest, which I pay back. The amount that I invest and pay back gets held for me in trust and is returned to me, with interest if I leave the company.

Ultimately it means me working upwards of 300 hours a month (to keep my expenses as low as possible) and not taking a dime more than needed to live on, car expense and other essential expenses until the loan is paid off.

It's going to be a ***** over the next two years, but it's worth it knowing that it'll give me other options in the event this one doesn't work out.

War Lord said:
They do take a cut, but they also share in the expenses and so it's a reasonably fair deal, even if it means that I'm simply buying a job.

I need $9,000 to start out with and they loan me the rest, which I pay back.

Ultimately it means me working upwards of 300 hours a month (to keep my expenses as low as possible) and not taking a dime more than needed to live on, car expense and other essential expenses until the loan is paid off.

It's going to be a ***** over the next two years, but it's worth it knowing that it'll give me other options in the event this one doesn't work out.

Jonty, no offense but it seems you are giving them 9 grand to gamble on a job (not your own business, a job) that might just fall through (many businesses do). You'll be working on comission pretty much, and most small businesses stay in the red for the first year. Plus you will have to pay your employees wages regardless (and you will need employees).

Do you really think this is a wise decision?

Addendum said:
There is prayer in schools, you idiot. It just can't be teacher-led. Students can pray anytime they want to.

Not true. A young girl valedictorian got her mike shut off for just tell students why her faith helped her to be successful. You can't even talk about it let alone pray.

The pledge should be voluntary, and should be changed back to the pre-Cold War pledge.

The war on drugs has done nothing except help the drug trade to grow. Drug cartels hire former Navy SEALS since no one else wants to hire a walking lethal weapon.

[B]Ya' see??? That kind of thinkin' ain't winning hearts! That's why Air America is in the terlet. [/B]:woot: :woot:

Matt said:
Jonty, no offense but it seems you are giving them 9 grand to gamble on a job (not your own business, a job) that might just fall through (many businesses do). You'll be working on comission pretty much, and most small businesses stay in the red for the first year. Plus you will have to pay your employees wages regardless (and you will need employees).

Do you really think this is a wise decision?

If it doesn't work out, than I get everything back that I invested. The unpaid loan through Petro-can would simply be cancelled. The part that I paid back would be returned to me, minus the interest charges.

Petro-can has a fairly comprehensive training program to ensure maximum success.

For a small business, it's a fairly safe investment.

Also, I consider it a first step. If five years down the line, I decide to leave Petro-Canada, I figure that I'd have $50,000 in the bank to consider doing something else.

It's basically a choice between what is, which absolutely sucks and probably an early death or try this and the worst that would happen to me is that I'd walk away with money in the bank.

celldog said:
[B]Ya' see??? That kind of thinkin' ain't winning hearts! That's why Air America is in the terlet. [/B]:woot: :woot:
Matthew 6:5-6 - And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. (kjv)

So privately said prayers in school doesn't exist?

And when I graduated, the valedictorian's speech was good for a nap

celldog said:
Gay marriage, condom distribution for kids, abortion on demand, euthenaisia, no prayer in school, no pledge of allegiance, drug legalization, open borders, welfare, social medicine, down with capitalism, ANTI-DEFENSE........

All of thOSE ideals and more are what drive Air-head America.

The problem is that they think these are "main-stream" ideals. So they put together a radio network because they just new in their "wittle bitty" hearts, that we all loved that stuff too.

Ratings are in the tank and they can't get sponsors.

I LOVE IT!!
:woot: :woot: :woot:

wow, celldog celebrates people losing their jobs and stuff.
a true christian he is.:heart:

celldog said:
That's why Air America is in the terlet.:woot: :woot:

Hyuck, hyuck! The Terlet!!!

And better yet: Air-head America:woot:

Well, jibbidy, jim-jam, skittle-dee doo, if that ain't a good ol' knee slapper like I ain't never heard. Yeeeee-hawww!!!:woot:

celldog said:
Gay marriage, condom distribution for kids, abortion on demand, euthenaisia, no prayer in school, no pledge of allegiance, drug legalization, open borders, welfare, social medicine, down with capitalism, ANTI-DEFENSE........
Hmm, with the exception of euthenaisia, down with capitalism, and open borders all that stuff goes on in Canada, in some form. Much to the chagrin of Alberans. :oldrazz: But to be fair we never had any stupid-ass pledge of allegiance.

lars573 said:
Hmm, with the exception of euthenaisia, down with capitalism, and open borders all that stuff goes on in Canada, in some form. Much to the chagrin of Alberans. :oldrazz: But to be fair we never had any stupid-ass pledge of allegiance.

And we don't need to be like Canada.

Matt said:
He should just do what you did Max, and order one of those brides from Russia :up: ;)

Just read the small print about the model sent not always being the model pictured.

I didnt. when i complained, they said "you getting good value for money. we send you twice as much woman for SAME MONEY."

I told them i would prefer half the woman, as long as she actually had all her teeth, the few that were there were white, both her eyes worked and she didnt have one made of wood,and she had less craters on her face than the moon, and shortly after that several large russian man turned up at my door with various sized billy clubs.

i withdrew my complaint.

celldog said:
And we don't need to be like Canada.

So wait, Libertarians support gay marriage and legalizing drugs, are they anti American? I guess you believe in the Stephen Colbert version of small government.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"